EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

The role of a playing coach would be a tough gig for anyone in the current EDFL Premier League, I would imagine Veszpremi would have to control his on field behaviour a little better if was to even attempt the role of a playing coach.

Carl on the Corner tells me that Sherman has had several interviews with numerous country clubs in an attempt to get a coaching role of his own.
Up here in dairy country the word going around the sherminator wants $60,000

Heard on SEN tonight Mal Michael to be assistant at Sunshine. Barney from Bright said he will be joined by Johns, Toy & Mango...

60K that is serious coin for an ex AFL player who has never coached. Must be lots of money in cows!!
Damian Cupido, who played and coached aboriginal side Rumbalara in the Murray league to a premiership this year, will be on 90k next season. That's almost what Fevola gets at Yarra, 5k a game.

Damian Cupido, who played and coached aboriginal side Rumbalara in the Murray league to a premiership this year, will be on 90k next season. That's almost what Fevola gets at Yarra, 5k a game.
Unbelievably ridiculous if correct. How can any country/suburban club afford that sort of coin? Tatttslotto win?

[QU OTE="Stax on the mill, post: 35787979, member: 65650"]Unbelievably ridiculous if correct. How can any country/suburban club afford that sort of coin? Tatttslotto win?[/QUOTE
Yes it's unbelievably ridiculous especially with his passed history

Yes
Unbelievably ridiculous if correct. How can any country/suburban club afford that sort of coin? Tatttslotto win?

[QU OTE="Stax on the mill, post: 35787979, member: 65650"]Unbelievably ridiculous if correct. How can any country/suburban club afford that sort of coin? Tatttslotto win?[/QUOTE
Yes it's unbelievably ridiculous especially with his passed history

Yes

Guys, this is like the old theory of economics- supply and demand. Whilst clubs continue to pay $5k sign on & $2k a game, footballers will come and play. You can't knock a player for shopping himself around. The edfl and other leagues have created this monster and have no one else to blame. My club spoke to a player Monday night and he didn't sign with us, said he would think about it. We all knew he was going to club "A" on Tuesday. Sound familiar? Point is, we the clubs have ourselves to blame by agreeing to pay the first sign on, the first to pay a player 1k per game. Will it end? I doubt it. We in local footy follow afl so I will put it out there that in the next couple of years a player coming back from afl will be offered a 5 year contract and I reckon a club like Greenvale under Bruce would be the first to do it.

Guys, this is like the old theory of economics- supply and demand. Whilst clubs continue to pay $5k sign on & $2k a game, footballers will come and play. You can't knock a player for shopping himself around. The edfl and other leagues have created this monster and have no one else to blame. My club spoke to a player Monday night and he didn't sign with us, said he would think about it. We all knew he was going to club "A" on Tuesday. Sound familiar? Point is, we the clubs have ourselves to blame by agreeing to pay the first sign on, the first to pay a player 1k per game. Will it end? I doubt it. We in local footy follow afl so I will put it out there that in the next couple of years a player coming back from afl will be offered a 5 year contract and I reckon a club like Greenvale under Bruce would be the first to do it.

Houli got a 5 year contract to come to Abers off coburgs

Houli got a 5 year contract to come to Abers off Coburg's list, so I don't think Bruce will be the first to do it when it's already been done by J.L

Houli got a 5 year contract to come to Abers off Coburg's list, so I don't think Bruce will be the first to do it when it's already been done by J.L
AFL Victoria do not recognise contracts longer than 2 seasons. So even if a player signs a 5 year contract and thinks that he is locked in for that long, it's only valid for 2

Larkins and the "brains trust" doing some potential recruiting at Cafe Denaro this morning - couple of good recruits if they get them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larkins and the "brains trust" doing some potential recruiting at Cafe Denaro this morning - couple of good recruits if they get them

They haven't got it right for all theses years, gotta tell YA this year will be no different

Seriously they don't recruit good character or quality long term players

Name one for me?????

The sooner they get the internal model right and focus on developing their own the better

Blake, patak, hislops, johns, cubillo, Davis, reimers, as examples

Last edited:
Some serious coin is going to be freed up with the losses at Abers so I would expect some big names to be coming in.

Also seems like Spotswood and Sunshine are going to step up and try to take on Deer Park, good on the WRFL sides, everyone was whinging that Deer Park were ruining the league, but when these clubs get there acts together, find funds and recruit well the whole standard of the comp will rise.

Sorry fellas cant give u the names. Now that I know they are obviously shopping themselves around my club will be making contact with them.
Would Brock McLean be one of the names, Abers junior who is unlikely to be playing AFL and still with plenty to offer.

Other delisted AFL players that would make sense could be Brent Maloney, Campbell Brown, Brett Goodes,

Northern Saints still pretty quiet regarding their coaching situation. Word is that Nat Caruso just wants to play and not be a player coach. Problem is, would any decent coach for prem division not have a job right now already?

You sure?

Houli came to Abers in 09' with Dean Rioli after playing some games in 08' with Keilor Park.

Keilor were into him prior to 09' however he went with Abers.

Jeez looking at Shannon Grant's CV Greenvale fans would have to be very pleased. Great get. You would no doubt have pretty high hopes bluejet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back