EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherrin4lyf

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another year and another thread..

This is a thread for the whole age group and hopefully we can get some people from all around the league that can help give us some information on their club and how they will go in 2015.

I'm guessing every club has started or even finished their preseason and I think we should have quite an exciting year.

I'll also do a season preview at the start of next year, with a who to look out for and some predictions for divisions 1, 2 and 3. We'll also be looking out for the talent that this brilliant league can produce.

Bring on 2015!

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nearly all clubs have begun their season training and there looks to be alot of activity with many players going to strong div 1 clubs, although Hillside will be on the verge of relegation to division 2 as many of their top players are moving clubs, most of them will be at Keilor. Expecting a big year for Keilor especially after missing the granny last year. Douttas, West Coburg and Abers are also set to do well in 2015. Darkhorses in the under 16's competition this year include Craigieburn, Glenroy, Airport West, Marby and Westmeadows.

G'day Sherrin,
As you seem to be the guru of under16s can I ask a couple of questions to get this forum moving.
1- what's the reason that kids are leaving Hillside?
2- what's happened to Pacco 16s as I thought they used to be in the top div and had 2 teams.

Cheers

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
G'day Sherrin,
As you seem to be the guru of under16s can I ask a couple of questions to get this forum moving.
1- what's the reason that kids are leaving Hillside?
2- what's happened to Pacco 16s as I thought they used to be in the top div and had 2 teams.

Cheers
There apparently was a falling out between parents and the under 16s coach of coach to be so many of there top age players have packed up and left including vic metro player Cameron Rayner

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey there, not sure if I'm a guru mate but I try and gather as much info onto this thread as possible!
I'm not 100% sure why the Hillside boys have left but I think Canplaythisguy is spot on with it as I heard certain complaints of the Hillside towards the end of last year,
Pacco have struggled in this age group ever since under 12's and I don't recall them being in division 1. A couple years back in under 14's they were losing games by 100+pts and this year will be no different if they stay in division 2. Every club has its ups and downs and pacco has definitely copped a fair share of it's down, it's due to many factors though, players, coach, management and also the culture around the club is very important and this is where it might've gone but don't quote me on this as I have very limited knowledge about Pascoe Vale!
How are abers looking, I see heaps of numbers at training but who's going to be the core group of guns they always seem to produce

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Haha mate, hard to tell at this stage, though of course abers do produce a lot of talent though haven't watched any of their training sessions.
Ben Smokrovic did play in the Victorian squad last year but might be out for a while after doing something to his hand or arm so I've heard. Mitch Podhajski, John Draim, Connor Tuan and Daniel Hanna are other names to also look out for
Smockrovic, caluzzi, rayner must be the best three in the comp

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon Mohammed Moustafa is also up there and Caluzzi and Rayner are a huge boost to douttas already powerful side. Also in saying that, Victorian squads do base alot of their selection criteria on height so it may be fair to say that even though they deserved to get picked, they may also be overrated.
have Keilor and EDS picked up players. Because EDS and Abers would have too to compete with Keilor

Fevolution14

Debutant
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Keilor won this age group two years back in the 14's so if they have picked up a few then they could be hard to beat - EDS bolstered with Rayner and a some from RDFL i hear also Caluzzi played 16's two years back so early tip would have to be them. Abers seem to have a few from Marby Park lodging clearances.

Not sure what the other clubs are doing - West Coburg and Craigeburn have also been good in this age group.

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Keilor won this age group two years back in the 14's so if they have picked up a few then they could be hard to beat - EDS bolstered with Rayner and a some from RDFL i hear also Caluzzi played 16's two years back so early tip would have to be them. Abers seem to have a few from Marby Park lodging clearances.

Not sure what the other clubs are doing - West Coburg and Craigeburn have also been good in this age group.
Yeah well said. Keilor were the dominant team 2 years back winning all but 1 game which was against douttas.
They have picked up a few from hillside along with Moe Mustafa from last season. So effectively Keilor who then won the prelim against douttas by 88 points with a few inclusions will be hard to beat but I think EDS will be the only team that can with upto 12 different players who didn't play in that 2013 season rayner and Caluzzi included

CLUB7

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2008
west
Massive blow for Abers slim chances. Anthony Horomidis needing full knee-reco after a basketball mishap. Good quality footballer, but great guy. Good luck with the rehab Horra

CLUB7

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2008
west
Also a small glitch for The Stars. Not good news when your U16 and told you may have to retire because of more stress fractures in your back with in 12 months. Hopefully just a decent spell is all it takes. Good luck Brooksy. Hope the back comes good mate. Just wonder if Rep training on Sunday mornings is ideal.

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
T
Also a small glitch for The Stars. Not good news when your U16 and told you may have to retire because of more stress fractures in your back with in 12 months. Hopefully just a decent spell is all it takes. Good luck Brooksy. Hope the back comes good mate. Just wonder if Rep training on Sunday mornings is ideal.
that boy made a return on Sunday in a practice game

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Eds got a good old touch up by St. Bernards in the under 16 match

Bernard's 8.9.57
Eds 3.7.25

Eds were missing
Rayner
Caluzzi
Roumeliotis
Bolta
Sir
Colina
Brookes, Mc bride, Klaromenos, Palumbo, mazzeo only played a half.

Lovefooty2699

Draftee
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
West coburg a very big show for he upcoming season, some lesser known players that are just as good, if not better then the so called "guns"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sherrin4lyf

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They have quite a few stand outs that I know of actually
Borgy, murat, jennings and not too sure though about zak saad

codmoh

Rookie
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Not much talk about Hillside and Strathmore. Both have very good kids. Hillside have 10 under age Jets boys who all run and carry the ball. They will get under the guard of Keilor and Douttas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Think back to two years ago.
Hillside with cam rayner won 3 games. Without him I can't see them getting higher than 7th or 8th.
Strathmore terrible. Won 4 games two years ago.
West Coburg are over rated. The last two seasons there has been heaps of hype. But they can't win anywhere else but shore reserve. Which disgusting.
They beat Abers and douttas and Keilor there last season but lost to
Keilor ABERS and Douttas by 6+ goals on a big ground! West coburg to make he top 5 and have no impact ... Borgy is a gun the rest are second rate.

Sherrin4lyf

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not too sure about whether Strathmore and Hillside will stay in division 1 to be entirely honest, might be a six team div 1 comp again this year with douttas, keilor, abers, west coburg, craigieburn, and either hillside or another strong div 2 club might get a run up with the bigger fellas, such as glenroy oak park or airport west.

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Not too sure about whether Strathmore and Hillside will stay in division 1 to be entirely honest, might be a six team div 1 comp again this year with douttas, keilor, abers, west coburg, craigieburn, and either hillside or another strong div 2 club might get a run up with the bigger fellas, such as glenroy oak park or airport west.
Have heard that A grade will definitely have 8 teams

Lovefooty2699

Draftee
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Think back to two years ago.
Hillside with cam rayner won 3 games. Without him I can't see them getting higher than 7th or 8th.
Strathmore terrible. Won 4 games two years ago.
West Coburg are over rated. The last two seasons there has been heaps of hype. But they can't win anywhere else but shore reserve. Which disgusting.
They beat Abers and douttas and Keilor there last season but lost to
Keilor ABERS and Douttas by 6+ goals on a big ground! West coburg to make he top 5 and have no impact ... Borgy is a gun the rest are second rate.
You obviously have no idea about how good the boys down at west coburg are, some boys in that team that are a lot better then the boys in cannons,

The Grover

Premiership Player
Nov 24, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
There is no chance any div 2 sides could beat Hillside. 3 weeks ago APW had 13 u16 kids registered.

Yes hillside will struggle in Div 1 but won't get dropped if 8 sides remain in div 1

Fevolution14

Debutant
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Strongly think that the top division has to have 8 teams as a minimum. If they reduce for the sake of "evening" up the competition you may as well start finals from Week 1 and have a 4 week season.

Or just don't score so every one is a winner.

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
You obviously have no idea about how good the boys down at west coburg are, some boys in that team that are a lot better then the boys in cannons,
It's fact.
last years and 2 seasons results prove it.
On big grounds in finals... i.e tulla and Keilor park and east Sunbury.
Eds beat west coburg and ABERS beat west coburg in under 14s in 2013

And then last year
Keilor beat west coburg.
No disrespect to the boys at wests but due to the home ground they play on they then struggle outside that! I'm sure they have some very good players. But it's not about your top 6 what about your bottom 6

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Strongly think that the top division has to have 8 teams as a minimum. If they reduce for the sake of "evening" up the competition you may as well start finals from Week 1 and have a 4 week season.

Or just don't score so every one is a winner.
I think it's imperative that there is 8 teams.
Especially with the top 4 going to be far to good for the bottom 4
At least those bottom 4 teams have competitive games when they play each other twice a year... Keeps kids interested and then potentially 1 of those teams makes up the 5th finals spot

Back