EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard that EDS may have copped a few injuries today - hopefully those concerned are OK for season ahead.

You want the best kids out there at this stage in their careers - unfortunate for a couple of the young Abers guns who will miss this year but will no doubt be back bigger and better next season

Curtis Taylor also missing for Keilor. EDS will be too strong for everyone else this season going by todays showing. Abers should have been 10 goals up at halftime but were poor in front of goal. Greenvale only had 17 players. As I thought, Strathmore will be whipping boys.
I wouldn't be underestimating Abers and Keilor its just the first round. All teams have heaps to work on!

Heard that EDS may have copped a few injuries today - hopefully those concerned are OK for season ahead.

You want the best kids out there at this stage in their careers - unfortunate for a couple of the young Abers guns who will miss this year but will no doubt be back bigger and better next season
Heard an Abers player has a broken arm after todays game

Yo
Players to watch out for during season 2015:
A-grade
Keilor – Mohammed Moustafa, Luke Hitch, Riley Caines, Zac Bulzomi, Trent Cousins, Bailey Borg, David Tonkich, Jackson Norton-Reid, Jake Camilleri, Joel Pickering, Connor Frantti-Glen, Joel Sadler, Curtis Taylor, Jonathon Paraskevopoulos
Douttas – Ben Caluzzi, Patrick Brookes, Cameron Rayner, Chad Sir, John Roumeliotis, Sebastian Kochary, James Scully, Liam McBride, Noah Balta, Jackson Connor, Mark Furnari, Luke Palombo, Justin Cappelletti, Nick Millman, Mark Mazzeo
Aberfeldie – Ben Smokrovic, Zain Neicho, Connor Tuan, Daniel Hanna, Mitchell Podhajski, Riley Scarce, Dalton Comito, Jack Bytel
West Coburg – Matthew Borg, Jayden Murat, Tom Jennings, Pat Martin, Josh Rocco, Zak Saad, Jonah Rebeschini
Craigieburn – Aaron Vendramini, Brock Chircop, Michael Tabacco, Jordan Griffin, Aaron Tsafcas, Tye Browning, Luke Szala
Hillside – Colin Ko, Jamie Nardone, James Mifsud, Jaksyn Grant
Strathmore – Thomas Markey, Rhylee West, Kyle Weightman
Greenvale – Reshan Wijayanayake, Samuel Warby, Corey Baker
B-grade to D-grade
Glenroy – Jedd Gibson, Reid Nilsson, Mahmoud El-Achkar, Karlos Tumu, Khaled Taha
Westmeadows – Jordan Hollow, Ryan Stingle, Corey Field, Tyrone Parsons, Reece Desira
Moonee Valley – William Agius, Luke Rotunno? Riyad Aboueid, Zac Di Giuseppe, Jesse Dench
Maribyrnong Park – Daniel Oliver? Jordan Bradley-Dean, Zakk Beckinsale, Lachy Consiglio?
Airport West – Thomas Muscat, Luke Merrett, Dion Crifo, Jack Deoki
Oak Park – Corey Littlewood, Kane O’Halloran, Liam Porter, Mason Carburn
Avondale Heights – Andy Trang, Luke Gallo, Anthony Bonaguro
Taylors Lakes – Matthew Galea, Cooper Sim, Torey Larizza
Hadfield – Talat Moustafa, Hyssam Khalil
Roxburgh Park – Dylan Exposito, Walid Chaaban
East Sunbury – Pucho Paye, Richard Leenaars
East Keilor – Mitchell Celantano, Darren Walters
Northern Saints – Jake D’Arro
Pascoe Vale – Brad King
Burnside Heights – Brae Kane
This is quite an extensive and thorough list with a lot of names that are lucky to be pulled out, however might have forgotten a few. Question marks around some player’s names because of uncertainty towards whether they have moved to another club. Looking towards the top, I believe that division one will be a two horse race (Keilor & Douttas) with Aberfeldie lurking as a dark horse in the u16 competition, by the way any news on Smokrovic and his injured hand?
you are forgetting Anthony daquino and izzy moussa from west coburg

I don't know Josh Rocco but DaQuino very overrated. Timid, slow & unfit. Might sound a good player as his Dad SCREAMS "well done Ant" every time he has the ball and does something good, then quiet as a mouse when he doesn't do something so good.
I don't know Josh Rocco but DaQuino very overrated. Timid, slow & unfit. Might sound a good player as his Dad SCREAMS "well done Ant" every time he has the ball and does something good, then quiet as a mouse when he doesn't do something so good.
you cannot say daquino is overrated, came fourth in west coburg b&F last year playing as a key defender

you cannot say daquino is overrated, came fourth in west coburg b&F last year playing as a key defender
I've seen him at close qtrs over a few years and can say that with full certainty. No disrespect to West Coburg last season, but where would he fit in terms of b&f at Eds, keilor, Abers?

I've seen him at close qtrs over a few years and can say that with full certainty. No disrespect to West Coburg last season, but where would he fit in terms of b&f at Eds, keilor, Abers?
Maybe time to look at the bigger picture and the competition as a whole rather than focus on an individual.

Do we forget that these are 14 & 15 yr old kids playing a game that they love. Can be easy to be a "Keyboard" Wayne Carey!!

Maybe time to look at the bigger picture and the competition as a whole rather than focus on an individual.

Do we forget that these are 14 & 15 yr old kids playing a game that they love. Can be easy to be a "Keyboard" Wayne Carey!!
That's a great quote "Keyboard Wayne Carey" I may even steal and re-use that :).

It's all opinions in here and twice that particular individual has been mentioned as a "gun" or "player to look out for". I just happen to disagree with that opinion. No harm no foul.

I t
That's a great quote "Keyboard Wayne Carey" I may even steal and re-use that :).

It's all opinions in here and twice that particular individual has been mentioned as a "gun" or "player to look out for". I just happen to disagree with that opinion. No harm no foul.
i tend to agree fast and loose, I don't rate him that highly. But I posted that a while back, he is awfully protective of his west COBURG boys so I'm interested how they perform against Keilor and eds now.
After getting beat on the weekend

Hi guys this is Anthony daquino, the guy who's on this thread told me to have a look at it, you guys can have all the opinions you want about me that's ur own choice but surely you've got something better to talk about then how I'm such a terrible fotballer

Nobody said you were a terrible footballer but you should be embarrassed by your spelling & grammar .

All you need to do is have a big impact this season and prove us wrong. Everyone in this age group is developing and some are progressing faster than others. Enjoy your season.

Nobody said you were a terrible footballer but you should be embarrassed by your spelling & grammar .

All you need to do is have a big impact this season and prove us wrong. Everyone in this age group is developing and some are progressing faster than others. Enjoy your season.
My apologies, didn't realise this was an English class!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players to watch out for during season 2015:
A-grade
Keilor – Mohammed Moustafa, Luke Hitch, Riley Caines, Zac Bulzomi, Trent Cousins, Bailey Borg, David Tonkich, Jackson Norton-Reid, Jake Camilleri, Joel Pickering, Connor Frantti-Glen, Joel Sadler, Curtis Taylor, Jonathon Paraskevopoulos
Douttas – Ben Caluzzi, Patrick Brookes, Cameron Rayner, Chad Sir, John Roumeliotis, Sebastian Kochary, James Scully, Liam McBride, Noah Balta, Jackson Connor, Mark Furnari, Luke Palombo, Justin Cappelletti, Nick Millman, Mark Mazzeo
Aberfeldie – Ben Smokrovic, Zain Neicho, Connor Tuan, Daniel Hanna, Mitchell Podhajski, Riley Scarce, Dalton Comito, Jack Bytel
West Coburg – Matthew Borg, Jayden Murat, Tom Jennings, Pat Martin, Josh Rocco, Zak Saad, Jonah Rebeschini
Craigieburn – Aaron Vendramini, Brock Chircop, Michael Tabacco, Jordan Griffin, Aaron Tsafcas, Tye Browning, Luke Szala
Hillside – Colin Ko, Jamie Nardone, James Mifsud, Jaksyn Grant
Strathmore – Thomas Markey, Rhylee West, Kyle Weightman
Greenvale – Reshan Wijayanayake, Samuel Warby, Corey Baker
B-grade to D-grade
Glenroy – Jedd Gibson, Reid Nilsson, Mahmoud El-Achkar, Karlos Tumu, Khaled Taha
Westmeadows – Jordan Hollow, Ryan Stingle, Corey Field, Tyrone Parsons, Reece Desira
Moonee Valley – William Agius, Luke Rotunno? Riyad Aboueid, Zac Di Giuseppe, Jesse Dench
Maribyrnong Park – Daniel Oliver? Jordan Bradley-Dean, Zakk Beckinsale, Lachy Consiglio?
Airport West – Thomas Muscat, Luke Merrett, Dion Crifo, Jack Deoki
Oak Park – Corey Littlewood, Kane O’Halloran, Liam Porter, Mason Carburn
Avondale Heights – Andy Trang, Luke Gallo, Anthony Bonaguro
Taylors Lakes – Matthew Galea, Cooper Sim, Torey Larizza
Hadfield – Talat Moustafa, Hyssam Khalil
Roxburgh Park – Dylan Exposito, Walid Chaaban
East Sunbury – Pucho Paye, Richard Leenaars
East Keilor – Mitchell Celantano, Darren Walters
Northern Saints – Jake D’Arro
Pascoe Vale – Brad King
Burnside Heights – Brae Kane
This is quite an extensive and thorough list with a lot of names that are lucky to be pulled out, however might have forgotten a few. Question marks around some player’s names because of uncertainty towards whether they have moved to another club. Looking towards the top, I believe that division one will be a two horse race (Keilor & Douttas) with Aberfeldie lurking as a dark horse in the u16 competition, by the way any news on Smokrovic and his injured hand?
Not sure who Darren Walters is from EK??? Not in the team.

And hopefully back to more informed discussion. Any injury news from weekend? Abers definitely had a player break an arm but not entirely sure who.

Not sure who Darren Walters is from EK??? Not in the team.
Ah yes thought I'd made a mistake or two. He's a Burnside heights boy my apologies though he has made the brad johnson squad up at the jets.
In other news, not much said about under 16 rep? They are starting tomorrow at Oak Park interesting to know how many will turn up.
Also congratulations to those boys at under 15 level being picked in the rep squads doing very well.

Anyone have a opinion on EDFL not allowing kids to do rep if they change clubs.
There were 5 kids from the initial 100+ invited by the EDFL for u15 who were changing clubs.
Subsequently were told after 6 weeks of training, and some making 1st cut they couldn't continue.
I think it is disgraceful to treat kids like that.

Last edited:
There were 5 kids from the initial 100+ invited by the EDFL for u15 who were changing clubs.
Subsequently were told after 6 weeks of training, and some making 1st cut they couldn't continue.

Also known around the traps as the "Douttas" rule...I undertsand that it was introduced following alleged recruiting of kids from Div 2 & 3 clubs into Div 1 a year or two back.

All kids were advised and also provided a handout on Day 1 of Under 15 training that if they had changed clubs then they may be excluded from Rep football for the year - there was a rider that it was "discretional" on a case by case basis - maybe an issue in enforcing the rule and the time line however it was pretty clear.

I also believe submissions were made that made sense however appears that EDFL has stood firm and has a no exception policy.

Think the rule has some merit where kids have moved out of a lower division club on the belief / enticement of playing at a higher divison but with most rules grey areas appear that seem harsh - i.e. if a boy's family has movedhouse and it is not practical to get back to the home club or if boys want to move to lower division club than where they are at as it strengthens that club and therefore the whole league.

One of the worst rulings ever to be devised. At a time where the roundball game is taking over junior participation numbers, the EDFL decide to think up other ways to stop players playing!!! Not to mention seriously reducing the strength of the rep teams.

Also known around the traps as the "Douttas" rule...I undertsand that it was introduced following alleged recruiting of kids from Div 2 & 3 clubs into Div 1 a year or two back.

All kids were advised and also provided a handout on Day 1 of Under 15 training that if they had changed clubs then they may be excluded from Rep football for the year - there was a rider that it was "discretional" on a case by case basis - maybe an issue in enforcing the rule and the time line however it was pretty clear.

I also believe submissions were made that made sense however appears that EDFL has stood firm and has a no exception policy.

Think the rule has some merit where kids have moved out of a lower division club on the belief / enticement of playing at a higher divison but with most rules grey areas appear that seem harsh - i.e. if a boy's family has movedhouse and it is not practical to get back to the home club or if boys want to move to lower division club than where they are at as it strengthens that club and therefore the whole league.
1 particular boy left a div1 to a lower div, his new club pleaded with edfl and they still wouldn't allow.
They were not given a handout on 1st session only verbally told it was to stop kids moving to div 1.

1 particular boy left a div1 to a lower div, his new club pleaded with edfl and they still wouldn't allow.
They were not given a handout on 1st session only verbally told it was to stop kids moving to div 1.

There was a talk given by the team manager where he called all aprents in front of the rooms and they also provided a hand out - I recall it was also emailed out by the team manager.

They didn't know how it was to work and urged all to contact EDFL direct if they had an issue and not them as it wasn't their call. I cant recall them saying it was to specifically stop movement to Div 1 clubs but the coach who spoke was specific in saying playing at a Div 2 or Div 3 club in no way precluded or impacted team selection

Vic metro u15 last 50 has quite a few edfl boys in it. Abers, Strathmore, Craigieburn, East Keilor, EDS, Keilor and Hillside represented. How do we think they'll go?

These reps teams are usually controlled by certain clubs. I'm a firm believer they pick the majority from the big clubs and ignore a lot of the smaller clubs. The lower divisions also have some damm good players if people running these rep sides actually go and look beyound the big clubs.

On the changing clubs, it's also possible they try and get them by telling them you will play rep footy if you come across to us. That might be why the rule was implemented...

It's a touchy subject this, as I also believe if a kid has talent they need to play in the highest division as its better footy and you play against the better players and clubs with better cultures so less chances of the foul language I used to recall hearing..I'm not going to name them but some clubs are still very poorly run..

Still see juniors all gather in one area before a game and carry on like idiots..sometimes abusing & itimadating younger aged kids. Some clubs encourage this..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back