EDFL U16 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
The last one got closed and in reality a thread towards the whole age group would probably be better. Hopefully people from other clubs can feed this thread with some club info.

I note a few clubs are back training already. Craigieburn twice a week at Highgate, Keilor have been back a little while. Northern Saints started on the 30th of jan. Not sure about other clubs.

Doutta's head back to the track tomorrow morning and every sunday through feb.

I'll do a season preview sometime in march with a who to look out for and some predictions for all divisions.

Great to be (almost) officially back.

The last one got closed and in reality a thread towards the whole age group would probably be better. Hopefully people from other clubs can feed this thread with some club info.

I note a few clubs are back training already. Craigieburn twice a week at Highgate, Keilor have been back a little while. Northern Saints started on the 30th of jan. Not sure about other clubs.

Doutta's head back to the track tomorrow morning and every sunday through feb.

I'll do a season preview sometime in march with a who to look out for and some predictions for all divisions.

Great to be (almost) officially back.

so tell me who are the under 16s players to watch this year in all divisions?

so tell me who are the under 16s players to watch this year in all divisions?

Bit early yet mate. Will need some help with C grade though as I'm not sure about a lot of players in that division. Would really appreciate some help in that regard.

Bit early yet mate. Will need some help with C grade though as I'm not sure about a lot of players in that division. Would really appreciate some help in that regard.

so lets start by looking at the teams in under 16 div 3

keilor park
oak park
northern saints
glenroy
jacana
tullamarine
east keilor
avondale heights

the players to watch will come out of u 16 div 1 & 2..

my sources tell me a u 16 div 2 player is being primed for a senior berth this year..let you know more just to be certain..

I see a few transfers coming through now on the EDFL website.

I'd said late last year how one club looked to have picked up a few players and that's starting to be confirmed with James Leaney, the Meyers brothers Brodie and Lachlan all from Oak Park, Frank Campisi a bottom age, but very good player from East Keilor joining Essendon Doutta Stars. Chuck in Peter Ntalianis from West Coburg who is training with the club too and they start to get a very good look about them.

I also note Greenvale have picked up Josh Flower from Roxy and Jordy Port from Craigieburn. Two good pick ups which will compliment their always talented group of players.

Funny how edfl rep coach got the flick for " poaching players " and they end up at doutta. What's the reward this time . Anyway good luck to the kids all good young fellas , but oak park must be spewing.the two going to the jets are guns as well. Can they play a role in a bigger system where they are not the go too?

Funny how edfl rep coach got the flick for " poaching players " and they end up at doutta. What's the reward this time . Anyway good luck to the kids all good young fellas , but oak park must be spewing.

I hadn't heard about the rep coach getting the flick for that.

It's tough going down a division and it's hard to retain quality players. I know from personal experience how tough it is to move away from the place you've called home for most of your footy life. I'm absolutely positive it was a decision they wouldn't have taken lightly. Welcome them down to your club with open arms every time you see them and encourage them to come back and play senior footy once they've finished down in the juniors.

The only reward I know of is, the possibility of playing finals in Div 1 and playing alongside the likes of Laguda, Wallis, Stewart, Briggs, Palumbo and a host of others. An exciting proposition for any player in that age bracket.

the two going to the jets are guns as well. Can they play a role in a bigger system where they are not the go too?

The 3 I know look like they'll definitely play a pivotal role.

greenvale will certainly be an improved side with the addition of these players and young matty condo who should be captain of the u16
greenvale side will appreciate them being there..with regard to douttas they have picked up a handy bunch which will go a long way to making them flag favourites..they have stewart.laguda.wallis.briggs.brown.vernali.palumbo.leaney.the myers brothers.natalianis from west coburg..and a kid from the wrfl he looks a likely sort...all round a very well balanced side...

i think its a good thing as some of these kids have come through rep sides together.

greenvale will certainly be an improved side with the addition of these players and young matty condo who should be captain of the u16
greenvale side will appreciate them being there

My preview will have Greenvale most likely in top spot. They've always had a great group of kids and those additions will really help them. They've got an inordinate amount of finals experience gathered over the years and that really should stand them in good stead and make them favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My preview will have Greenvale most likely in top spot. They've always had a great group of kids and those additions will really help them. They've got an inordinate amount of finals experience gathered over the years and that really should stand them in good stead and make them favourites.

i disagree

doutta stars
greenvale
keilor
hillside
craigieburn
strathmore
aberfeldie
west coburg

douttas has a star studded line up
greenvale has good honest players
keilor cotton wools players

the rest forget it...

douttas will win the 2013 u 16 div 1 premiership

i disagree

doutta stars
greenvale
keilor
hillside
craigieburn
strathmore
aberfeldie
west coburg

douttas has a star studded line up
greenvale has good honest players
keilor cotton wools players

the rest forget it...

douttas will win the 2013 u 16 div 1 premiership

Does anyone else agree with the above predictions?
There seems to be a bit of venom in the selections
By putting Craigieburn above Strathmore, Aberfeldie
and W/Coburg. But maybe you know a lot more
than your letting on.

There seems to be a bit of venom in the selections
By putting Craigieburn above Strathmore, Aberfeldie
and W/Coburg. But maybe you know a lot more
than your letting on.

its an opinion ...

let me fix it its a ESSENDON DOUTTA STARS V. GREENVALE GRAND FINAL

its an opinion ...

let me fix it its a ESSENDON DOUTTA STARS V. GREENVALE GRAND FINAL

Easy Tiger. Yours may have been an opinion
but mine was just a question. The GRANDFINAL
prediction is an interesting one. Tell the BF public,
do you play in the U16 comp?

Don't agree with Craigieburn ahead of Abers and Strathmore. I think they'll both finish well clear of them.

At this very early stage my ladder would be:

Greenvale
Essendon Doutta Stars
Keilor
Abers
Hillside
Strathmore
Craigieburn
West Coburg

I'm waiting to hear some conformation on a move which will definitely make Greenvale Premiership favourites.

rumour mill has it that oak park is loosing players fast and checking the clearances havent processed the under 16 boys transfer to douttas.....gee are we going to have a transfer war ..surely there must be a reason these kids are leaving ..the most obvious being their juniors are now in div 3...dont stop a child playing where he wants

Thought I would go and watch Douttas train on Sunday to see
how flag favourites train. According to their
web site, it was supposed to be 10.30-11.30.
But no one there. Any one know when they train?

Flag favourites? LoL

Training is currently at the bottom of Afton street. 10.30 till 12. A fair few of the squad aren't training yet due to rep and other sport commitments.

Sorry mate. I assumed with all the above talk about Douttas and Greenvale being the G/finalists.
Then naturally one would have to be favourites. So are Greenvale favourites then?
Obviously you can see my mistake. Still waiting to
hear of your thoughts for the season (pm me if you want).
Also still waiting for an answer from Stars Alive if he infancy is part of Douttas U16s.
Surely if your going to be in the g/final then you would stand proud and tall.

Sorry mate. I assumed with all the above talk about Douttas and Greenvale being the G/finalists.
Then naturally one would have to be favourites. So are Greenvale favourites then?

I think Greenvale deserve to be favourites and I said as much. Douttas will have a good side, but I think at last count Greenvale will have 6 or 7 of the Barry Davis squad members in their side plus the nucleus of a side who has played finals many years in a row. That just can't be ignored.

I'm also certainly not ruling out Keilor or Hillside either. Both teams will have the ability to win it and have some great players too.

Obviously you can see my mistake. Still waiting to
hear of your thoughts for the season (pm me if you want).

Plenty of time for that. I'm waiting for some practice games and will most likely get it out a couple of weeks before the season starts.

Also still waiting for an answer from Stars Alive if he infancy is part of Douttas U16s.
Surely if your going to be in the g/final then you would stand proud and tall.

What team do you have an interest in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back