Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Sad. Was looking forward to checking it out. Hope they can come up with something else.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Choosing a two bit company from Adelaide for the project stinks to high heaven
The decision makers had to go a long way to find shonkies
Melbourne would have to have 10 times more developers with 10 times the experience
I know it is easy to sling mud
But the smorgon regime can expect little else on this project
We were so late to the gaming party that even suburban clubs beat us to it
And then we bugger it up by choosing this ma pa team from Adelaide

There were a number of pubs the club could have purchased and made good just in their real estate value over this period

As a principle there needs to be good reason not to utilize local companies
Companies who are invested in the western suburbs

Ignoring your own constituents as club administrations have continuously done is what has us where we are

Peter Gordon 11 maybe the game changer we need
Come on peter come on

Gordon risked millions on a construction company with 3 staff and annual turnover of $800k???? Seriously??
C'mon Fronk. You're older than 15 yes?

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Broadly speaking, our decision making generally around 2011 looks poor in hindsight. Wasn't sure Gordon was the man to lead the club but I suspect it's a better run organisation these days. This has been a massive disappointment.

Mr Russell-Price last week said the project was not affected by the liquidation of another company, Prizac Investments Pty Ltd, which owes unsecured creditors $10.4 million.
“We liquidated a company and got rid of a few things so we could build this hotel.”

Is that quote for real?

Gotta hand it to the real estate building and development industry.
The only ones who get close to them for moral leadership and integrity are our politicians.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Is that quote for real?

Gotta hand it to the real estate building and development industry.
The only ones who get close to them for moral leadership and integrity are our politicians.
Let's not forget insurers.

Let's not forget insurers.
Actually while we're rounding out the list there was a report today that the Essendon FC has no plans to reduce their poker machine licences or revenues as they are so important to the support of their footy club.

"Whatever We Can Take"

Westerndog11

Senior List
Feb 28, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Actually while we're rounding out the list there was a report today that the Essendon FC has no plans to reduce their poker machine licences or revenues as they are so important to the support of their footy club.

"Whatever We Can Take"
I love how they and the supposed ‘family club’ Hawthorn are two of the major clubs benefiting from pokies. Being in the secure financial position they’re in, you would’ve thought, they’d be the first to drop pokies venues from their assets. I guess it shows what sort of morals they hold.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

"Whatever We Can Take"

I believe Essendon are aware they will be in for MASSIVE payouts when all the 34 players have finished their careers.

An agreement has been made by the players to not “stir the pot” while even one is still active but to think this whole sage is over is naive.

Last edited:

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I love how they and the supposed ‘family club’ Hawthorn are two of the major clubs benefiting from pokies. Being in the secure financial position they’re in, you would’ve thought, they’d be the first to drop pokies venues from their assets. I guess it shows what sort of morals they hold.
This is true, but it has to be said that when pokies were first introduced into Victoria, the Footscray Football Club were very keen to be one of the first venues in the State to have them on site.

Remember for those old enough those flouro green hats that said “Its a whole new ball game”. (Early 90s)

That was a slogan based on the purchase of the Melbourne Monarchs baseball team and the introduction of pokies.

Long time ago it must be said and great that they will soon be gone.

Long time ago it must be said and great that they will soon be gone.

Attitudes will always change over time.

It's a little bit like the attitude towards smoking. Even had the Flinstones promoting Winstons cigs in adverts at one very early point. Now it's about making people aware of the effects or quitting in past decades

Gambling as a whole has been changing and will continue to do so.

Back