Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet Jesus

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Him having four years left lines up nicely with the approximate development period for a KPF doesn't it?

Interesting, I seem to remember plenty of your supporters on here not holding that view. How old was JJK back in 2017? About 29?
Did you read my post?

We drafted talls in 2017 to plan for JK's retirement. We don't need to go back to the well already.

It'll be our first pick in the top 20 since 2017. We need midfielders.

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did you read my post?

We drafted talls in 2017 to plan for JK's retirement. We don't need to go back to the well already.

It'll be our first pick in the top 20 since 2017. We need midfielders.
Yeah and Allen will do a good job of that.

Who is replacing Darling in 4 years is my question? You guys plan this stuff.

I'm not saying you won't draft a midfielder, I am saying it won't be a surprise if you draft a KPP.

Sweet Jesus

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah and Allen will do a good job of that.

Who is replacing Darling in 4 years is my question? You guys plan this stuff.
I'm reasonably comfortable with a combination of Allen, Brander, Waterman and Williams. By all means add to that along the way, but it shouldn't be the priority with a first-rounder.

By comparison, how many midfielders under 25 have WC got?

I'm not saying you won't draft a midfielder, I am saying it won't be a surprise if you draft a KPP.
I'll definitely be surprised if we take a tall with the first pick.

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm reasonably comfortable with a combination of Allen, Brander, Waterman and Williams. By all means add to that along the way, but it shouldn't be the priority with a first-rounder.

By comparison, how many midfielders under 25 have WC got?
No idea but I'd guess less than 5 and none particularly good?

eDPS

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Curious what the Dogs would want in Ned Long? Honestly know next to nothing about him, what does he give us that we don't already get from our current stocks of midfielders, or is it just a "best available" type of pick?
Mix of best available and a plan B if Dunkley decides to leave. I originally had Callaghan going at the pick but I couldn’t be northerner changing to much of the player cards 😂

eDPS

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I have a list of 10-15 who are close to the top 20 but a name I’d like to highlight is Luke Nankervis from Sandringham. This kid looks to have huge upside and I think he is the type to be a real bolter come the end of the year. Skinny but once he gets a few AFL per-seasons in the gym he could be anything, incredible agility/speed mix and his hands are stupidly clean under pressure at ground level for a player of his build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bird_man

Cancelled
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have a list of 10-15 who are close to the top 20 but a name I’d like to highlight is Luke Nankervis from Sandringham. This kid looks to have huge upside and I think he is the type to be a real bolter come the end of the year. Skinny but once he gets a few AFL per-seasons in the gym he could be anything, incredible agility/speed mix and his hands are stupidly clean under pressure at ground level for a player of his build.
Sandy look to have a lot of kids in draft contention this year

PMBangers

Cupids' Cousin
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
You keep your grubby mitts off my smokey

eDPS

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
eDPS where do you rate Hugh Jackson in the draft?
Good little player with good skills and smarts, his size and x-factor are things that hold him back from the top end for me, not sure about his athleticism he might be quicker than what he shows on the field but at 180cm you need that point of difference to have an impact at the next level.

bird_man

Cancelled
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good little player with good skills and smarts, his size and x-factor are things that hold him back from the top end for me, not sure about his athleticism he might be quicker than what he shows on the field but at 180cm you need that point of difference to have an impact at the next level.
Thanks for the reply.

Seems like there is a big gap between how some rate him compared to others which really intrigues me.

He could end up being a steal, or on the flip side maybe you are right that he just lacks that point of difference.

Definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on. Do you think he'll get to play senior footy any time soon?

eDPS

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks for the reply.

Seems like there is a gap between how some rate him compared to others which really intrigues me.

He could end up being a steal, or on the flip side maybe you are right that he just lacks that point of difference.

Definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on. Do you think he'll get to play senior footy any time soon?
I like him but just makes it hard to put him higher than some players who have some elite athletic qualities but are also talented players in their own right. I only have last years data to go off but athletically he isn’t the best which could be an issue for him at the next level.

Bastyy

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
A further 15 names on the cusp of the top 20

Mac Andrew
Braden Andrews
Sam Banks
Miller Bergman
Josh Browne
Finn Callaghan
Sam Darcy
Kade Dittmar
Morgan Ferres
Blake Howes
Connor MacDonald
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Lewis Rayson
Josh Ward
Nice to see you rate Dittmar in your top 35-ish, I’ve really enjoyed his season so far

Remove this Banner Ad