eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
Is he ready to take the training wheels off and get his pen license?
At some stage soon, although I'm starting to get convinced he's doing these drafts with the intention of slightly irking me

Yes I’ve become this half-assed and yeah Blues still have their pick but I’m confident that won’t be theirs after trade week is done. Regardless I’ll have Erasmus going at that pick

Pick 1 Pies Daicos-bid
Pick 2 North Horne-Francis
Pick 3 Dogs Darcy-bid
Pick 4 Giants Callaghan
Pick 5 Suns Andrew
Pick 6 Crows Goater
Pick 7 Hawks Hobbs
Pick 8 Fremantle Erasmus
Pick 9 Richmond Gibcus
Pick 10 Fremantle Amiss
Pick 11 Saints Sonsie
Pick 12 Eagles Ward
Pick 14 Essendon Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 15 Sydney Draper
Pick 16 Giants Rachele
Pick 17 Brisbane Chesser
Pick 18 Richmond Sinn
Pick 19 Port Adelaide Johnson
Pick 20 Brisbane Knevitt
Surely Richmond would take Amiss with their first considering Riewoldt is in his last year and take a KPD with a later pick like Bazzo?

No, they want to leave him for Fremantle.

eDPS if STW did have their wicked way and Richmond did take Amiss, who do we take?
Surely you'd take Amiss with the Carlton pick and hope we don't take Erasmus. Even if we did, there'd be plenty of comparable players left to choose from.

Surely you'd take Amiss with the Carlton pick and hope we don't take Erasmus. Even if we did, there'd be plenty of comparable players left to choose from.
I know we need KPFs. And Amiss does have qualities. I think Erasmus ends up the better player by some margin, and given we are speculating about a pick we may have because we are losing a young midfielder that is a good investment.

If we ended up taking Erasmus and Wanganeen-Milera at those two picks I would be OK, and hope to pick up JVR, Williams or some other forward later.

I know we need KPFs. And Amiss does have qualities. I think Erasmus ends up the better player by some margin, and given we are speculating about a pick we may have because we are losing a young midfielder that is a good investment.

If we ended up taking Erasmus and Wanganeen-Milera at those two picks I would be OK, and hope to pick up JVR, Williams or some other forward later.
You would have seen a lot more of the WA kids than me. So you don't think any of the talls end up A-graders? I'm unsure of them myself, they all lack something - none of them look to be able to jump for a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes..it depends on what is the difference betweens Amiss and JVR and what is the difference between Erasmus and other midfielders....where the difference.more ,take the best out of it.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes I’ve become this half-assed and yeah Blues still have their pick but I’m confident that won’t be theirs after trade week is done. Regardless I’ll have Erasmus going at that pick

Pick 1 Pies Daicos-bid
Pick 3 Dogs Darcy-bid
Pick 4 Giants Callaghan
Pick 5 Suns Andrew
Pick 6 Crows Goater
Pick 7 Hawks Hobbs
Pick 8 Fremantle Erasmus
Pick 9 Richmond Gibcus
Pick 10 Fremantle Amiss
Pick 11 Saints Sonsie
Pick 12 Eagles Ward
Pick 15 Sydney Draper
Pick 16 Giants Rachele
Pick 17 Brisbane Chesser
Pick 18 Richmond Sinn
Pick 20 Brisbane Knevitt

I don't think we'd be taking Hobbs with Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Newcombe on the list. He doesn't offer something new to our midfield.

If Ward or Erasmus are available then I think (and hope) we'd be looking at them.

Last edited:

Pick 1 Pies Daicos-bid
Pick 3 Dogs Darcy-bid
Pick 4 Giants Callaghan
Pick 5 Suns Andrew
Pick 6 Crows Goater
Pick 7 Hawks Hobbs
Pick 8 Fremantle Erasmus
Pick 9 Richmond Gibcus
Pick 10 Fremantle Amiss
Pick 11 Saints Sonsie
Pick 12 Eagles Ward
Pick 15 Sydney Draper
Pick 16 Giants Rachele
Pick 17 Brisbane Chesser
Pick 18 Richmond Sinn
Pick 20 Brisbane Knevitt
It would be very, very nice to end up with the pick of Ward and Sonsie at 11 for the Saints.

Hope you are right!

I don't think we'd be taking.Hobbs with Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Newcombe on the list. He doesn't offer something new to our midfield.

If Ward or Erasmus are available then I think (and hope) we'd be looking at them.
Yeah, we are going to be looking to re-balance the midfield.

eDPS, do clubs give any higher rating to performances in bigger games like finals. Can’t help be a little worried with Amiss’s two finals games.
Forwards are at the mercy of the midfield (as I'm sure you know). Would want a more detailed report than just the number of goals kicked.

eDPS, do clubs give any higher rating to performances in bigger games like finals. Can’t help be a little worried with Amiss’s two finals games.
I think Amiss had a lot of contributing factors yesterday, long season driving up from Bussleton every game would be taking it's toll, but looks like he hurt his hand early in the game which effected his marking, there were a few times he had a great lead but was hesitant to use his left hand to hold the mark and tried to tap it teammates instead. Also landed really heavily after a marking contest mid way through the first quarter and was down for a bit, so probably winded.

Forwards are at the mercy of the midfield (as I'm sure you know). Would want a more detailed report than just the number of goals kicked.
Forward delivery was terrible from East Perth all day except for most on Tunstill's entries and the rare highlight from others

Yes and no, isn’t this like the first games of the year he’s been goalless? That has a bit of meaning regardless of the reasoning behind it IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back