eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
Just keeps getting better and better Pete. 10/10 from me.
Cheers. With the website overhaul I was definitely pushed for time but I was glad we could get something out that was better than last year, just like next year will be better than this year. That’s the goal, just keep building.

Keep us updated will you. Can’t wait for the reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Honestly I'd be surprised if there was one. Fairly certain he'd be able to work out it's a typo and that recruiters would not assume that he's 700kg+ 😂

Honestly I'd be surprised if there was one. Fairly certain he'd be able to work out it's a typo and that recruiters would not assume that he's 700kg+ 😂
If he’s smart enough to figure that out he’s getting into the wrong profession

9CEB2399-5E4C-4499-B347-E499FD066C8A.jpeg

Looks his most likely spot, it’s going to be hard for a club to take him with much confidence in the top 50 with his lack of games. Still a good chance he misses out entirely and goes again as a 19 year old.
I hope we snare him, his games against the Jets and the Power were pretty impressive and he is exactly the type of mid Essendon could use as a complement to what we already have.

Here is my final rankings for the year, only 11 names kept their spot from the start of the year.

FACACC2A-ADDE-4C98-858A-D00A42D9D63C.jpeg

Id also like to announce that this will be the last year that I have my own draft thread, I’ll still be lurking around the threads so happy to answer questions when tagged and DM’s are always open.

Id also like to announce that this will be the last year that I have my own draft thread, I’ll still be lurking around the threads so happy to answer questions when tagged and DM’s are always open.
Sorry, I have decided to reject this request

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my final rankings for the year, only 11 names kept their spot from the start of the year.

View attachment 1283138

Congratulations on a strong year of draft analysis!

View attachment 1283138

You're leaving us with PMBangers? Smh

View attachment 1283138

Oof, Rachele likely FAR too early at the Crows 1st pick unless we split?

eDPS I notice you still have Sonsie rated top ten.

I haven't been able to get my head around how far he has dropped in some of the rankings I see.

Where do you see his best position at AFL level and do you think he'd be a good selection for st Kilda at 11?

eDPS I notice you still have Sonsie rated top ten.

I haven't been able to get my head around how far he has dropped in some of the rankings I see.

Where do you see his best position at AFL level and do you think he'd be a good selection for st Kilda at 11?
I think he will be best as a mid who floats forward, I think he would be a great fit for Saints and I had them linked to him earlier but not sure if the interest is still there

Cheers. With the website overhaul I was definitely pushed for time but I was glad we could get something out that was better than last year, just like next year will be better than this year. That’s the goal, just keep building.
Are you the Peter who drafted for Richmond on the Lystics/rookie me podcast?

Traded 7, 15 and future second to GWS for 2 and a future third, then offered 2 and a future first to 'Freo' for 6 and 8.
If 'Freo' had agreed, the result for Richmond would have been:
In: 6, 8, future third
Out: 7, 15, future first, future second.

Do you reckon that would have been a good result?

Great job with the draft guide though. Looks great. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Are you the Peter who drafted for Richmond on the Lystics/rookie me podcast?

Traded 7, 15 and future second to GWS for 2 and a future third, then offered 2 and a future first to 'Freo' for 6 and 8.
If 'Freo' had agreed, the result for Richmond would have been:
In: 6, 8, future third
Out: 7, 15, future first, future second.

Do you reckon that would have been a good result?

Great job with the draft guide though. Looks great. :thumbsu:
Yeah, the main goal of the podcast is to try and get as much quality in the door this year, so chances are that there’d be more coming back in the door next year (perhaps a future second or swap of picks next year). But my initial goal was finding a way to guarantee a top player. I didn’t expect Hobbs and Ward to drop as far as they did, which is why I pounced on the Port pick to grab Ward and add him to Callaghan so as a whole for how it went, if the night went the same way I think it would be an outstanding result for the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back