eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
I thought you currently have 37, 42, 47, 51 = 1,453.

You will need 2,400 if we bid. Which is pick 16 or 35 & 36 you will need to get to not be in deficit.

Need to death ride freo, crows and dogs to bring their points up Could always dig into 2022 picks if need be.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1101569

You are about 1000 points short if bid on at Pick 2.

Which means you need to find an additional top 20 pick for 2021 AND draft 5 kids at the back end of the draft to cover that amount of picks.

This also isn't factoring in Yosef Dib.

Ned is going to need to do some serious points hoarding AND reduce the amount of picks.

You haven’t factored the discount in.

Based on your current points in on the calculator we need about 500 points if a bid was to come in at pick 2. About the equivalent of pick 35.

Should be pretty easy by just swapping in our 2022 second into 2021 with another club (with some points left over for Dib)

You haven’t factored the discount in.

Based on your current points in on the calculator we need about 500 points if a bid was to come in at pick 2. About the equivalent of pick 35.

Should be pretty easy by just swapping in our 2022 second into 2021 with another club.
Pick 1 and your 1,000 short and that is approx pick 16. You need us not to bid.

Pick 1 and your 1,000 short and that is approx pick 16. You need us not to bid.

Agree. That would be ideal.

But given where we could potentially finish (quite low) in 2022. Whatever the deficit is, it won’t be disastrous.

Probably less than the sliding that happened with Freo.

Personally I also think that if you really rate Horne at 1, you’ll pick him 1.

Agree. That would be ideal.

But given where we could potentially finish (quite low) in 2022. Whatever the deficit is, it won’t be disastrous.

Probably less than the sliding that happened with Freo.

Personally I also think that if you really rate Horne at 1, you’ll pick him 1.
Agree. But it looks like Daicos will be bid on in the top 3. If at years end their is nothing between them then a bid is a big chance.

But yeah - no need to stuff around. Pick Horne and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can you tell me about Rankin?
Classy player who can play on every line, could turn out like Cam Guthrie long term being used wherever he is needed most on the ground. As a defender he brakes the lines and sets up play with kicking, as a mid he has a good mix of winning inside ball cleanly while also having the speed and endurance to link up around the ground. He is playing forward currently for Oakleigh which has added even more to his resume that I never thought he could add. Kicked 3 goals last week but a bit quieter against Eastern.

Not Gibcus for us? We need a key defender more than a small one.
I thought of players that GC would need and who could potentially stick around and just thought dogs might take a player like Wilmot. Raak can potentially play 3rd tall but if it’s a proper key defender you need most then I might need to adjust for next week

Interesting...Bayne O'Loughlin, Josh Gibcus, Toby Conway and Ned Moyle added to the AFL Academy...

Not sure what else Arlo Draper has to do to get a gig, I can’t really argue with who they have brought in although with all the talk about Jacob Edwards I’m suprised he didn’t get the gig over Conway and Moyle. Moyle has been dominant so far but being 205cm and strong does have its advantages against other young talls.

Not sure what else Arlo Draper has to do to get a gig, I can’t really argue with who they have brought in although with all the talk about Jacob Edwards I’m suprised he didn’t get the gig over Conway and Moyle. Moyle has been dominant so far but being 205cm and strong does have its advantages against other young talls.
Maybe find a bit more of it with Draper?

Going to be interesting to see if he and Roberts get near the League team before year's end?

And can someone inform Twomey Blayne is not a skilfull half forward, not at present anyhow. ;)

Maybe find a bit more of it with Draper?

Going to be interesting to see if he and Roberts get near the League team before year's end?
Draper had some big games last year and if not he was hitting the scoreboard. Plenty of vic kids have had some less than stellar games stat wise in that academy

Draper wont but Roberts would be a good shout as he is readymade, it’s a strong senior side to crack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back