eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg

388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg

Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Is he an accumulator or a high impact player ?

Far far too good with ball in hand to just be an accumulator. Although surprisingly he did accumulate a lot more of the meh possessions on the weekend. Kicks goals as a mid too so. His left foot is elite.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
This rolling mock will be the last one I do, I will pass the baton onto PMBangers who is doing a great job with his anyway.
Well this was an unexpected gift, I can't wait to give every club players they don't need :devil:

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
just wondering why Richmond would pick Ben Hobbs at pick ten (last rmd) but then pass twice on him now with picks 15 and 16, was it more you are/were picking them for power rankings and ben has slid down in your eyes, because if ben is/was a good fit and pick for richmond at 10 surely he would still be a good pick/fit at 15 and/or 16?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
just wondering why Richmond would pick Ben Hobbs at pick ten (last rmd) but then pass twice on him now with picks 15 and 16, was it more you are/were picking them for power rankings and ben has slid down in your eyes, because if ben is/was a good fit and pick for richmond at 10 surely he would still be a good pick/fit at 15 and/or 16?
Thought I had Hobbs at saints last time? A few around that mark it’s tough to get the right fit

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Darling is 29 this year so I can see how you might want to plan for that. To your credit, your recruiters rate talls ahead of smalls and I am pretty sure that is why you stay competitive even when you are not that good.
Is 29 old for a key forward?

We took Brander and Allen with early picks in 2017 and have had no decent picks since.

We need to replenish the midfield. I'd be staggered if WC took a tall with their first-rounder this year, particularly if some WA mids like Johnson, Erasmus or Browne are around the mark.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is 29 old for a key forward?

We took Brander and Allen with early picks in 2017 and have had no decent picks since.

We need to replenish the midfield. I'd be staggered if WC took a tall with their first-rounder this year.
Depends on the forward. He relies more on his athletic profile than most.

Weren't Brander and Allen staggering at the time?

I don't know your list but you guys love your talls like we love half back flankers.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Depends on the forward. He relies more on his athletic profile than most.
Turn it up. He's got another four years.

Weren't Brander and Allen staggering at the time?
Not really. They were the CHF and FF in the U18 AA side that year, drafted with an eye on Kennedy's retirement.

I don't know your list but you guys love your talls like we love half back flankers.
I'm not sure that means you keep drafting them when you have no midfielders under 25.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Turn it up. He's got another four years.

Not really. They were the CHF and FF in the U18 AA side that year, drafted with an eye on Kennedy's retirement.

I'm not sure that means you keep drafting them when you have no midfielders under 25.
Him having four years left lines up nicely with the approximate development period for a KPF doesn't it?

Interesting, I seem to remember plenty of your supporters on here not holding that view. How old was JJK back in 2017? About 29?

Pretty sure every supporter fans has WTFs over their club's recruiting. This isn't some anti-West Coast rhetoric. In fact, I'll be ropable if you blokes draft another gun KPP and we don't.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Him having four years left lines up nicely with the approximate development period for a KPF doesn't it?

Interesting, I seem to remember plenty of your supporters on here not holding that view. How old was JJK back in 2017? About 29?
Did you read my post?

We drafted talls in 2017 to plan for JK's retirement. We don't need to go back to the well already.

It'll be our first pick in the top 20 since 2017. We need midfielders.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did you read my post?

We drafted talls in 2017 to plan for JK's retirement. We don't need to go back to the well already.

It'll be our first pick in the top 20 since 2017. We need midfielders.
Yeah and Allen will do a good job of that.

Who is replacing Darling in 4 years is my question? You guys plan this stuff.

I'm not saying you won't draft a midfielder, I am saying it won't be a surprise if you draft a KPP.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah and Allen will do a good job of that.

Who is replacing Darling in 4 years is my question? You guys plan this stuff.
I'm reasonably comfortable with a combination of Allen, Brander, Waterman and Williams. By all means add to that along the way, but it shouldn't be the priority with a first-rounder.

By comparison, how many midfielders under 25 have WC got?

I'm not saying you won't draft a midfielder, I am saying it won't be a surprise if you draft a KPP.
I'll definitely be surprised if we take a tall with the first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back