eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg

388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg

Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounds like he might be in our range ...ball skills? Speed?
Need to see more exposed form to make a judgment on his skills but this was my write up for him early in the year

#13 Tom Brown

After a quiet first round Brown has started to find his feet playing half back for Murray Bushrangers with the super athletic prospect put in a strong performance. Brown is a great athlete and used his athletic traits to his advantage offering plenty of drive from alf back with his endurance and speed across the ground and his leap was handy in taking plenty of good intercept marks including a strong contested mark in the last quarter. Getting better every week the break isnt timely for Brown but should take great confidence out of his recent form, with 22 disposals, 6 mark and 5 rebound 50s it was a great return for Brown.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
A further 20 names outside my top 20. Waiting for the championships to help seperate some players and not ruling out a few names outside this batch that could also push top 20.

Cooper Murley
Ned Long
Josh Browne
Sam Butler
Miller Bergman
Lewis Rayson
Blake Howes
Sam Banks
Hugh Jackson
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Connor MacDonald
Mac Andrew
Morgan Ferres
Judson Clarke
Jai Serong
Tom Brown
Jase Burgoyne
Kai Lohmann
Caleb Lewis

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A further 20 names outside my top 20. Waiting for the championships to help seperate some players and not ruling out a few names outside this batch that could also push top 20.

Cooper Murley
Ned Long
Josh Browne
Sam Butler
Miller Bergman
Lewis Rayson
Blake Howes
Sam Banks
Hugh Jackson
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Connor MacDonald
Mac Andrew
Morgan Ferres
Judson Clarke
Jai Serong
Tom Brown
Jase Burgoyne
Kai Lohmann
Caleb Lewis

Lohmann was pretty impressive yesterday, as was Butler. Rebels could have a very good draft haul this year.

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC

Cooper Murley
Ned Long
Josh Browne
Sam Butler
Miller Bergman
Lewis Rayson
Blake Howes
Sam Banks
Hugh Jackson
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Connor MacDonald
Mac Andrew
Morgan Ferres
Judson Clarke
Jai Serong
Tom Brown
Jase Burgoyne
Kai Lohmann
Caleb Lewis
no Hugh Stagg or Bodhi Uwland :think:

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons

Cooper Murley
Ned Long
Josh Browne
Sam Butler
Miller Bergman
Lewis Rayson
Blake Howes
Sam Banks
Hugh Jackson
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Connor MacDonald
Mac Andrew
Morgan Ferres
Judson Clarke
Jai Serong
Tom Brown
Jase Burgoyne
Kai Lohmann
Caleb Lewis
Any WA boys close to this lot?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Cooper Murley
Ned Long
Josh Browne
Sam Butler
Miller Bergman
Lewis Rayson
Blake Howes
Sam Banks
Hugh Jackson
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Connor MacDonald
Mac Andrew
Morgan Ferres
Judson Clarke
Jai Serong
Tom Brown
Jase Burgoyne
Kai Lohmann
Caleb Lewis

You think Mac Andrews will go to Melb as nga?

BigDance

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Amiss, Warner, Motlop and Dittmar close. Want to see how they go at champs first before committing to high for them.
I reckon your underestimating Dittmar. He is the odd one out in this group. He goes before pick 40 surely? And Amiss is building. A miss he does not! Accurate he does! 😝

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Is he really at a point where excluding him is a point of interest?
no not really, just from what i have witnessed both are easily in my top 40 for me at this stage but do not seem to get even a whisper in any other top 40. but i love how we all talk about different players and see things differently, it gives everyone out there a chance to pick up some names and go watch them or keep an eye on them. :thumbsu:

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Uwland has some raw traits but he is raw and an academy player so looking more like a late option. Stagg I have issues with his kicking and for a player that’s sub 180 it is a concern for me to rate him high.
i wouldn't have thought someone being on the edge of a top 40 list is being rated as high. but i see both your points on each, that's why having different opinions is good.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stagg I have issues with his kicking and for a player that’s sub 180 it is a concern for me to rate him high.

I’ve only watched about half a game of stagg so don’t know him very well, but physically he looks exactly like Neale.

I don’t like short players a great deal but if they have size + athletic power they still can generate as much or more momentum as bigger players.

What’s staggs athletic traits like?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve only watched about half a game of stagg so don’t know him very well, but physically he looks exactly like Neale.

I don’t like short players a great deal but if they have size + athletic power they still can generate as much or more momentum as bigger players.

What’s staggs athletic traits like?
This was his profile at the start of the year

Hugh Stagg (179cm and 80kg) –Strong and powerful small/medium forward who can also run up into the midfield when needed. Likes to generate overlap when playing as a midfielder. Very good one-on-one ahead of the ball both when ball is in the air and on the ground. Developing his focus on decision-making and kicking.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Here is the fixture for the under 19 champs

8th July - Metricon
Allies vs Vic Metro

24th July - Adelaide Oval
SA vs Allies

31st July - BISP