eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

I like Freos prospects but my only concern is we haven’t closed our tall forward problem? Where do you see us fixing this and who would be on your radar for us if Motlop was bid on early as you’ve proposed
Getting in another pick ahead of a potential Motlop bid would be the best option, I wouldn’t be reaching with the first pick.

If available I feel Conole will take Williams he was taking about the Lions not having enough depth in the KPP ranks Williams is someone who can play Back Forward and in the Ruck
Williams or Mac Andrew?

I agree that we need at least one more tall, but it’s a decision between best available and drafting for need that early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just have a concern that Williams might not have the athletic profile I prefer in KPP’s, especially for a player at or under 196cm.
I wonder if his performance against the WA U17’s bought out his apparent lack of speed? Got caught holding the ball a couple of times.

I wonder if his performance against the WA U17’s bought out his apparent lack of speed? Got caught holding the ball a couple of times.
Yeah, that’s the game that has me questioning his athleticism. Speed and leap.

Really hope we get some form of National Championships this year, where everyone can get a good look at this year’s kids.

I liked Knevitt's game in the recent VM v VC, stood out in the mid particularly in the 2nd half but would also like to see a lot more vision of him.

Where do you believe Cats main needs are in this draft (considering picks available can change rapidly).?
Your club’s drafting strategy is unique for Victorian based clubs, usually trying to take the best local Geelong boys where possible and not afraid to take mature agers aswell. I think drafting best available and trading for needs has been a great strategy for your club for years and feel that trend will continue so yeah I wouldn’t go into the draft expecting the cats to factor needs much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back