Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For his size it’s only ok, McHenry is only 175cm aswell but as a pressure player he is better than Butters. I’ll use an Essendon comparison because I’m hopeless but Butters is more Fantastia where McHenry is more Tippungwuti if that makes sense.
Ned was outstanding today, B.O.G. by a fair stretch IMO, buzzing around inside and outside the contest, niggling and giving plenty of lip. I reckon that's one comparison Buckenara got close to the money with, a smaller version of Rory Sloane.

Jye Notwell

Caldwell has done his hammy again playing for Bendigo, looked fantastic and in for a big game aswell
Going to be flat out getting up for the National Combine in decent nick...methinks he's going to be getting plenty of poking and prodding from the club medicos at this point. Has to be a real worry for recruiters because the talents certainly there....another Nathan Freeman?

Going to be flat out getting up for the National Combine in decent nick...methinks he's going to be getting plenty of poking and prodding from the club medicos at this point. Has to be a real worry for recruiters because the talents certainly there....another Nathan Freeman?
Hopefully not another Freeman, genuinely looked like a top 10 talent before the injury

Hopefully not another Freeman, genuinely looked like a top 10 talent before the injury
Could also be another Lever/Burton success story as well. Assuming he slides I wouldn't mind him at our second, but most clubs would fell that way

Whether people rate his draft chances or not, Connor Thar is an awful omission.
Yep, every time I've seen the Western Jets play over the last 2 years he's either been the Jets best or very close to it, one game I saw last year he was absolutely outstanding. Surely even at his size and with his endeavour he gets a rookie spot on an AFL list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He came 2nd in the Morrish medal too. Clearly editorialising on draft chances with the Team of the Year.
It's effectively the Victorian Team of the Year. I mean it's called TAC Cup Team of the Year, but they take into account the National Champs. They even said in the speech "look forward to looking back in five years and having some best and fairests, all australians, brownlows etc. in this group" type thing.

It's why I did a TAC Cup Team of the Year. Sure quite a few won't necessarily get drafted, but thought it gets those names out who have done well at TAC (only looked at TAC games)

It's effectively the Victorian Team of the Year. I mean it's called TAC Cup Team of the Year, but they take into account the National Champs. They even said in the speech "look forward to looking back in five years and having some best and fairests, all australians, brownlows etc. in this group" type thing.

It's why I did a TAC Cup Team of the Year. Sure quite a few won't necessarily get drafted, but thought it gets those names out who have done well at TAC (only looked at TAC games)

as it should be, when the references to the team will be from an AFL and Draft slant you want it to represent the draft talent and future champions rather than a small percentage of TAC Cup fans who appreciate the TAC Cup competition only.

My updated rankings will be up tomorrow without many major changes although it will be updated with just my top 30, in the meantime ive decided to show my current top 10 for the 2019 draft which will of course change a fair bit. Noah Anderson is still my number 1 and has been since the under 16 championships.

Top 10 2019.PNG

My updated rankings will be up tomorrow without many major changes although it will be updated with just my top 30, in the meantime ive decided to show my current top 10 for the 2019 draft which will of course change a fair bit. Noah Anderson is still my number 1 and has been since the under 16 championships.

View attachment 553647
Do you think Jackson is going to be played up front more next year, how does he look up forward? Surely 196 is too small for a modern day ruck

Do you think Jackson is going to be played up front more next year, how does he look up forward? Surely 196 is too small for a modern day ruck
Paddy Ryder at 197cm says otherwise, if your under 200cm you need to have the athletic ability and Jackson has that, keep in mind Jackson can still grow but i would still like to see how he goes playing key position.

Paddy Ryder at 197cm says otherwise, if your under 200cm you need to have the athletic ability and Jackson has that, keep in mind Jackson can still grow but i would still like to see how he goes playing key position.
Ugghh, any chance of a highly rated WA KPF while we are so bad...

View attachment 553647
Cooper Stephens would have to be close?

Gets better every time I see him.

Cooper Stephens would have to be close?

Gets better every time I see him.
Can be prone to banging it on the boot and can make some poor decisions. I prefer someone like Mott who is a better decision maker and has a more well rounded game.

Stephens is a nice size which should help him but I’ll be mostly looking for him to improve his composure and kicking to have him as a top 20 prospect next year.

Can be prone to banging it on the boot and can make some poor decisions. I prefer someone like Mott who is a better decision maker and has a more well rounded game.

Stephens is a nice size which should help him but I’ll be mostly looking for him to improve his composure and kicking to have him as a top 20 prospect next year.
You've likely seen more of him but especially on the weekend his kicking was pretty good to my eye.

You've likely seen more of him but especially on the weekend his kicking was pretty good to my eye.
I have yet to watch that game, I plan on doing so sometime this week but I watched his game against Dandenong tonight and my queries still remained after that game, still played well a bit like Worpel funny enough.

Hayden Young from Dandenong played a similar game yet his ball use was a bit better, although I’ve mostly seen him play as a defender he certainly didn’t look out of place in the midfield.

He's a good kick. His spacial awareness and vision is fantastic too. If Sam Walsh and Ned McHenry had a kid (that massively outgrew them), then it would probably be Cooper Stephens. Takes traits from both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back