Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good kick. His spacial awareness and vision is fantastic too. If Sam Walsh and Ned McHenry had a kid (that massively outgrew them), then it would probably be Cooper Stephens. Takes traits from both players.
If Sam Walsh and Ned McHenry had a kid.....it’d be a miracle of modern science.

If Sam Walsh and Ned McHenry had a kid.....it’d be a miracle of modern science.
Aware there has to be a third party of sorts to make the arrangement happen, but I'd rather stick to the hypotheticals than open that can of worms...

No major changes to my top 30, West drops slightly and Hately rises slightly

D_P_S Top 30
04/09/18
1. Sam Walsh - Geelong Faclons/VIC C
2. Jack Lukosius - Woodville-West Torrens/SA
3. Nick Blakey - UNSW/ALLIES
4. Izak Rankine - West Adelaide/SA
5. Ben King - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
6. Max King - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
7. Bailey Smith - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
8. Connor Rozee - North Adelaide/SA
9. Tarryn Thomas - North Launceston/ALLIES
10. Ian Hill - Perth Demons/WA
11. Jye Caldwell - Bendigo Pioneers/VIC C
12. Jackson Hately - Central District/SA
13. Xavier O'Halloran - Western Jets/VIC M
14. Bailey Williams - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
15. Xavier Duursma - Gippsland Power/VIC C
16. Rhylee West - Calder Cannons/VIC M
17. Liam Stocker - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
18. Riley Collier-Dawkins - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
19. Luke Valente - Norwood/SA
20. James Rowbottom - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
21. Jack Bytel - Calder Cannons/VIC M
22. Tom Berry - GWV Rebels/VIC C J
23. Isaac Quaynor - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
24. Zac Butters - Western Jets/VIC M
25. Curtis Taylor - Calder Cannons/VIC M
26. Sydney Stack - Perth/WA
27. Bailey Scott - Broadbeach Cats/ALLIES
28. Jez McLennan - Central Districts/SA
29. Chayce Jones - Launceston/ALLIES
30. Ed McHenry - Geelong Falcons/VIC C

No major changes to my top 30, West drops slightly and Hately rises slightly

D_P_S Top 30
04/09/18
1. Sam Walsh - Geelong Faclons/VIC C
2. Jack Lukosius - Woodville-West Torrens/SA
3. Nick Blakey - UNSW/ALLIES
4. Izak Rankine - West Adelaide/SA
5. Ben King - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
6. Max King - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
7. Bailey Smith - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
8. Connor Rozee - North Adelaide/SA
9. Tarryn Thomas - North Launceston/ALLIES
10. Ian Hill - Perth Demons/WA
11. Jye Caldwell - Bendigo Pioneers/VIC C
12. Jackson Hately - Central District/SA
13. Xavier O'Halloran - Western Jets/VIC M
14. Bailey Williams - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
15. Xavier Duursma - Gippsland Power/VIC C
16. Rhylee West - Calder Cannons/VIC M
17. Liam Stocker - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
18. Riley Collier-Dawkins - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
19. Luke Valente - Norwood/SA
20. James Rowbottom - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
21. Jack Bytel - Calder Cannons/VIC M
22. Tom Berry - GWV Rebels/VIC C J
23. Isaac Quaynor - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
24. Zac Butters - Western Jets/VIC M
25. Curtis Taylor - Calder Cannons/VIC M
26. Sydney Stack - Perth/WA
27. Bailey Scott - Broadbeach Cats/ALLIES
28. Jez McLennan - Central Districts/SA
29. Chayce Jones - Launceston/ALLIES
30. Ed McHenry - Geelong Falcons/VIC C
I like it because you've got 2 lads I really like in there when others seem to have forgotten just how good they are when up and running, I think Jack Bytel will be this year's James Worpel, a case of people overlooking the obvious only to realise what they've missed was always there.

I like it because you've got 2 lads I really like in there when others seem to have forgotten just how good they are when up and running, I think Jack Bytel will be this year's James Worpel, a case of people overlooking the obvious only to realise what they've missed was always there.
Bytel may never be a star but I can see him having a successful AFL career, he has the smarts around the contest and a good work ethic. Sucks that his year has been stuffed due to injury much like Caldwell and it would have been great to see both at full flight more often this year.

Bytel may never be a star but I can see him having a successful AFL career, he has the smarts around the contest and a good work ethic. Sucks that his year has been stuffed due to injury much like Caldwell and it would have been great to see both at full flight more often this year.
Absolutely outstanding game here early in the season before the injury niggles intervened, best mid on the ground that day by a big stretch, worked hard both ways and some of his work in the forward line that day was top shelf. Can honestly say every time I've seen him play live over the last 2 years he's been far superior to the higher rated Rhylee West on those occasions.

Bytel will make alot of people look silly in my opinion. Has the tank and the smarts to be a genuine star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Barzen and do you think he gets drafted and if so where? From watching a few games this year and last year I believe he has massive talent and upside and could become a really good player at the next level once his body develops and gets more consistency

Ahh missed him in the initial look. Either way I doubt he goes top 50 and I have no way of forming an opinion than just some televised games haha
Since when has that stopped people on here? ;)

Thoughts on Barzen and do you think he gets drafted and if so where? From watching a few games this year and last year I believe he has massive talent and upside and could become a really good player at the next level once his body develops and gets more consistency
For a kid in the AFL Academy his TAC form has been underwhelming to be generous.

Has there ever been an Academy player who managed 12 games, 11 without a mention in their TAC Cup best performers (he was only named 6th best against Eastern)?

I watched him on tape against Bendigo, and live against Sandy. Just doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough. Kicks a goal or two for sure, but didn’t display the willingness or ability to beat his opponent to the footy. Wants to be a 190cm crumbing forward rather than a lead up workhorse.

Whoever takes him will have a bit of work to do to get his work level up IMO.

For a kid in the AFL Academy his TAC form has been underwhelming to be generous.

Has there ever been an Academy player who managed 12 games, 11 without a mention in their TAC Cup best performers (he was only named 6th best against Eastern)?

I watched him on tape against Bendigo, and live against Sandy. Just doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough. Kicks a goal or two for sure, but didn’t display the willingness or ability to beat his opponent to the footy. Wants to be a 190cm crumbing forward rather than a lead up workhorse.

He looks like he has not been at his best all year. He's one who would have to be selected on potential. I would pick him late.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve cooled on him significantly, was a big wrap for him last year but he has gone backwards this year although he hasn’t had much luck with injury. I think he goes as a rookie or a late pick, plenty of talent but still plenty to work on such as his contested ability.

I don’t trust club bests that much (some are more true to the fact than others), because some take into account club role as well. Eg. Butts was named in the best despite fumbling on a number of occasions and finishing with 5% CP and only 40% by foot...

But in saying that, yeah he’s been disappointing. He had a couple of promising games mid-year but ever since his injury in R1 he has not looked the same as last year. Has an unbelievable kick on him, but just looks lost at times.

I don’t trust club bests that much (some are more true to the fact than others), because some take into account club role as well. Eg. Butts was named in the best despite fumbling on a number of occasions and finishing with 5% CP and only 40% by foot...
Other factors can include general attitude and coddling fragile egos, definitely one of the more overrated things in footy

Other factors can include general attitude and coddling fragile egos, definitely one of the more overrated things in footy
Try reporting on matches where you talk about the best players and then a club has named a player in the best and ask why you don't have them in your best #awkward

A player closing in on my top 50 especially after watching more vision is Tyrone Smallwood, looking at him again I can see some elite traits. National combine invite so he is a huge chance to be drafted.
I can imagine you've watched extensive vision of Small wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back