Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again for another year of draft watching, the Nab League formerly TAC Cup now has an app and added teams for even more people to get footage of these kids and i welcome anyway to come in here and post their own thoughts on players and discuss.

Top 30 21/03/2019

View attachment 638971
Interesting you have O’Neill not even in your top ten, thanks for putting your opinion out there love Dylan at number 1

Interesting you have O’Neill not even in your top ten, thanks for putting your opinion out there love Dylan at number 1
Waiting to see how O’Niell goes playing on the inside, with Tassies addition to the Nab League I’m sure I’ll be able to get more of an opinion on him. Same goes for Taheny who I’ve unfortunately not seen the best off and I’m sure will go higher if im able to see what the SA based watchers have seen.

Williams is that match winner who can do some incredible things and those are the types of players im now looking at with high picks.

Waiting to see how O’Niell goes playing on the inside, with Tassies addition to the Nab League I’m sure I’ll be able to get more of an opinion on him. Same goes for Taheny who I’ve unfortunately not seen the best off and I’m sure will go higher if im able to see what the SA based watchers have seen.

Williams is that match winner who can do some incredible things and those are the types of players im now looking at with high picks.
Watched Green last week vs Swans.
If he is the second highest inside mid, I would suggest you take a look at the tape and add at least one Swans Academy name!

Watched Green last week vs Swans.
If he is the second highest inside mid, I would suggest you take a look at the tape and add at least one Swans Academy name!
If we did rankings purely of pre-season games then Hayden Young would struggle to be in any top 30. There is a bit to take out but again it’s only a practise match so it’s unfair to make major judgements on one practise match.

If we did rankings purely of pre-season games then Hayden Young would struggle to be in any top 30. There is a bit to take out but again it’s only a practise match so it’s unfair to make major judgements on one practise match.
I tend to agree. Major judgements should be made after a month of footy.
But most northern academy kids are often not judged due to them only being seen a couple of times!
ONLY a practice match?? Swans vs Giants never have an ONLY!
And if you are ranked so high on draft boards, but can only get 1 or 2 clearances and very few disposals in ONLY a practice match there are obvious reasons.
I get that you base your board on several types of games.
Take the same amount of time to watch the SANFL, WAFL and NEAFL as the TAC Cup and school boys games, and those potential draftees become a lot more apparent.

Good to have you back eDPS

Personally Anderson's my favourite of this draft. One of the most well-rounded prospects I've seen, balanced between outside and inside and knows where the goals are. If he can lift his accumulation a bit more I think he goes #1, although I'd love it if we got him with Carlton's pick. I can see where you're coming from with Williams though, his talent is freakish, almost Stephenson-like at times

Know much about Georgiades? Personally reckon he'll be a bolter this year

Good to have you back eDPS

Personally Anderson's my favourite of this draft. One of the most well-rounded prospects I've seen, balanced between outside and inside and knows where the goals are. If he can lift his accumulation a bit more I think he goes #1, although I'd love it if we got him with Carlton's pick. I can see where you're coming from with Williams though, his talent is freakish, almost Stephenson-like at times

Know much about Georgiades? Personally reckon he'll be a bolter this year
Yeah I had him 1 all year last year until Williams finals series and yep very Stephenson like.

Yeah and as a 191 forward I find it hard to rate him too highly, might need to show some versatility or completely dominate the champs for me to have Georgiades as a top 20 prospect.

Went to the double header featuring Sandringham, Eastern Ranges, Oakleigh and Calder and I’ve decided to put a list of expectations and where players fit

Above
Noah Anderson
Joe Ayton-Delaney

On par
Charlie Dean
Fisher McAsey
Jack Bell
Andrew Courtney
Ryan Byrnes
Finn Maginess
Brodie Newman
Tye Browning
Angus Hanrahan
Louis Butler
Sam Ramsay
Daniel Mott
Josh Worell
Sam Graham
Riley Bowman
Matthew Rowell
Trent Bianco
Cody Hirst
Nick Bryan

Below
Jack Mahony
Hugo Ralph-Smith
Josh Kemp
Dylan Williams
Josh May
Jamieson Rossiter

I had a few outside names impress me but I’d like to see more of them to start referencing them here

Hey mate. Essendon will have two second round picks this season.

Could you see Deven Robertson or Daniel Mott lasting to either of them? I think either would really suit Essendon.

Hey mate. Essendon will have two second round picks this season.

Could you see Deven Robertson or Daniel Mott lasting to either of them? I think either would really suit Essendon.
It’s hard to say at this stage, im not sure how much either has in the way of development but both know how to find the pill, not sure they are the types that Essendon need of be looking at midfielders either with pure speed or a taller midfielder with strength. If he trying to move up the order for a Sharp or maybe look at a Ryan Gardner or Lachlan Ash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 from Sandringham and absolute gun, where do you rate him? If the weekend is a sign of things to come he will be talked as a top end prospect imo

5 from Sandringham and absolute gun, where do you rate him? If the weekend is a sign of things to come he will be talked as a top end prospect imo
I’m a big fan at this stage, if he continues to perform the way he is he will have a permanent spot in my top 30. As long as his skills stay at a solid level and his tackling numbers don’t drop off he will remain there.

I’m a big fan at this stage, if he continues to perform the way he is he will have a permanent spot in my top 30. As long as his skills stay at a solid level and his tackling numbers don’t drop off he will remain there.
yep. His clearance work was fantastic along with his burst of speed and turning on a dime also hit targets on both foots. Could he be top 10?

Went to the double header featuring Sandringham, Eastern Ranges, Oakleigh and Calder and I’ve decided to put a list of expectations and where players fit

Above
Noah Anderson
Joe Ayton-Delaney

On par
Charlie Dean
Fisher McAsey
Jack Bell
Andrew Courtney
Ryan Byrnes
Finn Maginess
Brodie Newman
Tye Browning
Angus Hanrahan
Louis Butler
Sam Ramsay
Daniel Mott
Josh Worell
Sam Graham
Riley Bowman
Matthew Rowell
Trent Bianco
Cody Hirst
Nick Bryan

Below
Jack Mahony
Hugo Ralph-Smith
Josh Kemp
Dylan Williams
Josh May
Jamieson Rossiter

I had a few outside names impress me but I’d like to see more of them to start referencing them here

How do you think Calder will go this year? Surely Sunday was a once off?
How do you think Calders 19 year olds will fair this year, especially Browning, Graham and Kemp?

How do you think Calder will go this year? Surely Sunday was a once off?
How do you think Calders 19 year olds will fair this year, especially Browning, Graham and Kemp?
I didn’t expect them to lose by that much although Sandringham have always been my favourite to win this years premiership.

Kemp is my favourite of the 3 and I was disappointed with the Calder coaches for keeping him forward despite the margin, watched him kill it in the midfield in a practise match so not sure why they didn’t try him there or atleast more up the ground.

I didn’t expect them to lose by that much although Sandringham have always been my favourite to win this years premiership.

Kemp is my favourite of the 3 and I was disappointed with the Calder coaches for keeping him forward despite the margin, watched him kill it in the midfield in a practise match so not sure why they didn’t try him there or atleast more up the ground.

Is Kemp worth a shot off Half Back ? What about Browning Midfield and Graham Half Back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back