Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kemp and Butler are edps's favourites, so he rates them higher, thats ok we all have our favourites...

with Kemp i agree, he has played an above average game and a good game in the Championships, as for Butler, he has played 3 average to above average games, ive kept an eye out for him at Sandringham and Vic Metro and i see some spark of potential, but it isnt all there for me to rate him as highly as you have and i see you mentioned him last year so obviously you've been a fan since he was 17 at least, i personally cant put him in my AA team or top 50 at this stage, maybe 2nd half of the draft? imo.

Butlers highlights so far have been his courageous mark against VC, standing under the high ball, his good ball use against WA where he landed some good long kicks and in general some good run from defence, a low light was his lack of effort when Henry went on a lead and he didnt even bother to try and spoil or get on the mark when Henry was less than 5m away.

Last edited:
Kemp and Butler are edps's favourites, so he rates them higher, thats ok we all have our favourites...

with Kemp i agree, he has played an above average game and a good game in the Championships, as for Butler, he has played 3 average to above average games, ive kept an eye out for him at Sandringham and Vic Metro and i see some spark of potential, but it isnt all there for me to rate him as highly as you have and i see you mentioned him last year so obviously you've been a fan since he was 17 at least, i personally cant put him in my AA team or top 50 at this stage, maybe 2nd half of the draft? imo.

Butlers highlights so far have been his courageous mark against VC, standing under the high ball, his good ball use against WA where he landed some good long kicks and in general some good run from defence, a low light was his lack of effort when Henry went on a lead and he didnt even bother to try and spoil or get on the mark when Henry was less than 5m away.
Butler is 30 in my rankings and will most likely be as high as he goes if he continues to play in defence, I honestly don’t like him playing there as he plays too loose and plays a far too uncontested game. I prefer Sharp and Bianco as players but included Butler in the team as he has gone over 20 disposals twice and been included in the bests for Metro twice I believe.

eDPS

Interested in your take on Brady Rowles with regard to this draft, the few times I've seen him play I've found his speed, run, athleticism and dare very impressive. Competent overhead and kicking looks pretty good from the limited views I've seen? Got a bit of size about him and whilst a bit light currently should fill out to a decent build.

eDPS

Interested in your take on Brady Rowles with regard to this draft, the few times I've seen him play I've found his speed, run, athleticism and dare very impressive. Competent overhead and kicking looks pretty good from the limited views I've seen? Got a bit of size about him and whilst a bit light currently should fill out to a decent build.
Liked his last game but wasn’t convinced by his previous games and the fact that one game was a smashing I’m hesitant to give an accurate reading of his talent.

What has happened to Corey Watts, was seen as a top 25ish pick at the start of the year?

How he made the vm team I'll never know. Played ruck today for Sandy can't see him getting drafted this year. Charlie dean heading the same way was terrible today

What I will say in terms of rankings I was hoping that the champs would help in sorting a few out but all I have gotten is more questions and not answers. From about 12-23 it’s stupidly close and hard for me to rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My top 10 is fairly solid, a player would have to really jump out at me late in the year to change it that much, past that though it’s been giving me headaches all year.
Just looking at your top ten, I could argue changes easily. I could even argue some dropping out.

Kemp, Ash, Young could explode in the back half and jump
Anderson and Rowell.

Just looking at your top ten, I could argue changes easily. I could even argue some dropping out.

Kemp, Ash, Young could explode in the back half and jump
Anderson and Rowell.
Anderson and Rowell have done more than enough for me to have them top 2 until the end of the year, could argue Young going lower because of consistency but otherwise I can’t see it changing drastically.

How he made the vm team I'll never know. Played ruck today for Sandy can't see him getting drafted this year. Charlie dean heading the same way was terrible today
Probably because he isnt a ruck..
He doesn't fill the stat sheet but is a great leader and formidable player in defence. Showed that all throughout last year

Probably because he isnt a ruck..
He doesn't fill the stat sheet but is a great leader and formidable player in defence. Showed that all throughout last year
Yeah that's what I saw from him last season, just seems to have fallen away this year. Someone like McAsey gone way past him.

How do you rate Schoenberg after his last 2 games? Looks legit the best accumulator at the Champs
Robertson, Rowell and Anderson would be right up there with him. Schoenberg certainly runs hard both ways which I like, nothing fancy but gets his hands on it and is clean with his ball use. His lighter frame might be his main issue as to why he may get picked later on.

Who wins the Larke Medal this year?

I don't see anyone standing out quite like Sam Walsh last year?

Tom Green maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back