Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong are really interested in coop and charlie comben. i see one of their late first rounders being coop and if not their next certainly the one after that being comben. i personally think that gws are after ash

It was 12 and 18 for 6 not 4. It's bizarre as what they had was worth more in points.

Crows at 4 will almost definitely bid on him, so there goes pick 6 with some change leftover and ability to draft someone else before he's bid on.

They will go again for 3 or 4 although Geelong want 3 or 4 too.

In terms of potential he is at the high end this year, has some attractive attributes which could lend him to playing a range of positions so a club that gets him has a lot to work with, there has been questions on his work ethic and defensive work which has him in the fare, in the second round but if he is able to improve that side of his game at AFL level he will prove to be the steal of the draft. I would say one of the higher end clubs are the best chance to take him in the top 20.
Personally I'd take Fraser Phillips before him, I really don't like Taheny's body language and lack of 2nd-3rd efforts when things aren't going well for him. No doubt he has the talent but I see some red flags.

Geelong are really interested in coop and charlie comben. i see one of their late first rounders being coop and if not their next certainly the one after that being comben. i personally think that gws are after ash

Geelong want flanders which is why they are trying to trade up but cooper wouldnt surprise and comben is one i havent heard of.

Think he is the right type of player for tigers to go for, think inside mid depth could be better and allows some of your more dangerous mids to go forward more often in the long run

Have you factored in our 2 young bulls in Ross and RCD?

We also sprinkled some fairy dust on the Mid Season Draft and it gave us an Mature Inside Mid who just happens to be a gun.

If I was to find a skerric of need on our list atm it would be a young genuine tall back.

Thanks for your insights too, much appreciated ;)

Have you factored in our 2 young bulls in Ross and RCD?

We also sprinkled some fairy dust on the Mid Season Draft and it gave us an Mature Inside Mid who just happens to be a gun.

If I was to find a skerric of need on our list atm it would be a young genuine tall back.

Thanks for your insights too, much appreciated ;)
Umm no I didn’t which is surprising since I rate them both highly haha Sam De Koning was the other I considered and in hindsight I should have done that.

Hey eDPS what are your thoughts on the Calder Cannons boys? Are they all a chance to get picked up ?
Cheers
This is where a few sit for me

Jones 2nd rounder

Mott as a 2nd-3rd rounder

Ramsay 3rd-Rookie

Gollant 3rd-Rookie

O’Sullivan 3rd-rookie

Newman Rookie

Those are my only chances from Calder so I don’t expect any to go high this year but there is some promise next year with the likes of Brand and Cardillo

The Crows historically under both Matt Rendell and Hamish Ogilvie seem to have an affinity for picking a Calder Cannon or two....I thought we might have a serious look at Brodie Newman with a later pick given Justin Reid has said we're looking at bringing in a developing Key backman? Where do you see him out of interest ? O'Sullivan is an interesting selection for sure but not sure we're looking for a Key forward?

The Crows historically under both Matt Rendell and Hamish Ogilvie seem to have an affinity for picking a Calder Cannon or two....I thought we might have a serious look at Brodie Newman with a later pick given Justin Reid has said we're looking at bringing in a developing Key backman? Where do you see him out of interest ? O'Sullivan is an interesting selection for sure but not sure we're looking for a Key forward?
That key defender would be Hilder. Newman I think is only a rookie chance and don’t think he is a proper key defender at AFL level and more a 3rd tall.

O’Sullivan is more of a roaming 3rd tall and I hear crows are keen on him late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That key defender would be Hilder. Newman I think is only a rookie chance and don’t think he is a proper key defender at AFL level and more a 3rd tall.

O’Sullivan is more of a roaming 3rd tall and I hear crows are keen on him late.
Wouldn't we go Harrison Jones earlier because personally I'm certainly not enamored with Taheny, don't like his body language when things aren't going his way and medium forwards these days need to have at least a semblance of a defensive game and I don't see a lot of evidence of that with Cam?

Wouldn't we go Harrison Jones earlier because personally I'm certainly not enamored with Taheny, don't like his body language when things aren't going his way and medium forwards these days need to have at least a semblance of a defensive game and I don't see a lot of evidence of that with Cam?
You have brought up Taheny multiple times, I have queries but it’s what has him even available in the 20s if not he would be pushing top 10 imo.

If a certain player remains unselected at pick 20, then I'm hoping my Hawks bid for a pick-swap with Gold Coast for our 2020 first.
You enlightened us so much in your trading posts we honestly can’t bear to wait to hear your draftee insights

You have brought up Taheny multiple times, I have queries but it’s what has him even available in the 20s if not he would be pushing top 10 imo.
Fair enough I just see a lot of a former Swan/Crows high draft pick Lewis Johnston in him, talent unquestioned but work ethic and effort very questionable at times.

Would be very happy with O’Neill and Pickett.

Didn’t know much about Brock Smith but reading his bio, he sounds a lot like the outgoing Thompson.

Any info on Shrieber? Can’t find anything about him

I would be absolutely stoked with that draft. Do you think there is a chance Gould slides that far?
Gould is looking unlikely now to go anywhere near the top 10 and is more likely in the 10-25 range so every chance he goes further aswell.

Would be very happy with O’Neill and Pickett.

Didn’t know much about Brock Smith but reading his bio, he sounds a lot like the outgoing Thompson.

Any info on Shrieber? Can’t find anything about him
Schrieber is a tallish running wingman/rebound defender. Reads the play well, decent enough speed and good endurance. Was the suprise package in the finals where he looked promising. Can check his highlights on the Nab League app

Gould is looking unlikely now to go anywhere near the top 10 and is more likely in the 10-25 range so every chance he goes further aswell.

Schrieber is a tallish running wingman/rebound defender. Reads the play well, decent enough speed and good endurance. Was the suprise package in the finals where he looked promising. Can check his highlights on the Nab League app
Any reason for Gould to slip that low? I thought he has been fantastic all year. Didn’t look out of place one bit in the SANFL against grown men. Reminds me lots of a Steven May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back