Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of guns missing but a few draft eligible players who impressed in Sandringham vs Oakleigh. Sandringham won easy who had the least guns out and most Oakleigh bottom agers stood out.

Hipwell clear BOG he was a ball magnet and uses the ball well, looks to have really leaned out and looks very fit and sharp

Sandringham
Oscar lewis Wing/forward
Luke Cleary Backline
Jake Bowey Midfield/forward
Lachlan Riley Midfield
Fraser Rosman Forward
Lachie Carrigan Wing
Darby Hipwell Midfield
Max Heath Ruck/forward
Felix Flockart Forward/ruck

Oakleigh
Will Hart Utility
Georgio Varagiannis Wing
Dylan Thomas Forward

A lot of guns missing but a few draft eligible players who impressed in Sandringham vs Oakleigh. Sandringham won easy who had the least guns out and most Oakleigh bottom agers stood out.

Hipwell clear BOG he was a ball magnet and uses the ball well, looks to have really leaned out and looks very fit and sharp

Sandringham
Oscar lewis Wing/forward
Luke Cleary Backline
Jake Bowey Midfield/forward
Lachlan Riley Midfield
Fraser Rosman Forward
Lachie Carrigan Wing
Darby Hipwell Midfield
Max Heath Ruck/forward
Felix Flockart Forward/ruck

Oakleigh
Will Hart Utility
Georgio Varagiannis Wing
Dylan Thomas Forward
Had to help a family member move and missed the boys today. Did Jamarra play for Oakleigh?

I went and had a look at the knights/ jets praccy at Rams (would have to be the worst football ground in the state).
Knights completed dominated jets around the middle and controlled a large part of the game. Would hate to see what the score would be if jets play a full strength oakleigh, their midfield would have to be the worst in the competition.
For the kids on the draft radar that I could see out there:
Nik Cox - Played CHB and was the general cutting any jets attacks off (though a lot of kicking forward was pretty poor). They might look to settle him down there for 2020 after been thrown around a lot last year.
Ewan Macpherson- Played forward, kicked a couple of goals including a nice one into a stiff breeze. Don’t think he played much in the 2nd half
Cody Raak- Played full back and although he wasn’t beaten directly, his disposal and link up play was pretty sloppy. I question his speed, unless he grows another a few cm I’m not sure if he could be a key defensive player at the next level. Would like to see him be give a go in attack.
Eddie Ford - Played deep forward early and didn’t see much of it due to the knights dominance. Played a lot higher 2nd half and created a few goals for the jets off his own work and also kicked one himself after a nice 1on1 mark inside f50.

I went and had a look at the knights/ jets praccy at Rams (would have to be the worst football ground in the state).
Knights completed dominated jets around the middle and controlled a large part of the game. Would hate to see what the score would be if jets play a full strength oakleigh, their midfield would have to be the worst in the competition.
For the kids on the draft radar that I could see out there:
Nik Cox - Played CHB and was the general cutting any jets attacks off (though a lot of kicking forward was pretty poor). They might look to settle him down there for 2020 after been thrown around a lot last year.
Ewan Macpherson- Played forward, kicked a couple of goals including a nice one into a stiff breeze. Don’t think he played much in the 2nd half
Cody Raak- Played full back and although he wasn’t beaten directly, his disposal and link up play was pretty sloppy. I question his speed, unless he grows another a few cm I’m not sure if he could be a key defensive player at the next level. Would like to see him be give a go in attack.
Eddie Ford - Played deep forward early and didn’t see much of it due to the knights dominance. Played a lot higher 2nd half and created a few goals for the jets off his own work and also kicked one himself after a nice 1on1 mark inside f50.
Cox and Ford are noticeably taller. Cox now at 200cm and Ford at 190cm.

Cox and Ford are noticeably taller. Cox now at 200cm and Ford at 190cm.
Yeh Cox definitely stands out on the ground, very easy to find. I’m surprised they don’t play Ford as a big body mid more often. Has excellent hands in close and they have a very small midfield. Another note I forgot to add Archie Manton is back as a 19yo. Looks noticeably fitter this year, must’ve been a little bit of interest from Carlton.

Last edited:
Yeh Cox definitely stands out on the ground, very easy to find. I’m surprised they don’t play Ford as a big body mid more often. Has excellent hands in close and they have a very small midfield. Another note I forgot to add Archie Manton is back as a 19yo. Looks noticeably fitter this year, must’ve been a little bit of interest from Carlton.

i agree with Ford being a mid, if they dont have anyone else he would be a strong influence for the jets in the midfield, because him forward he will be out of the game a lot especially now the Jets cant rely on a Daly Andrews or someone like that who can drive their midfield and get it forward consistently.

i agree with Ford being a mid, if they dont have anyone else he would be a strong influence for the jets in the midfield, because him forward he will be out of the game a lot especially now the Jets cant rely on a Daly Andrews or someone like that who can drive their midfield and get it forward consistently.
They’d be silly not too, their midfield really struggled. They would’ve lost 85% of center clearances today, so they had to attack from the back line.

I plan to get get my 2020 thread started sometime this week which will include a whole new rankings system which I’m sure excited to showcase.

It’s disappointing to see the season get delayed and was really looking forward to Round 1 of the Nab League but it is what it is, player safety is paramount and it throws an interesting curveball for the draft year.

Luckily I was able to watch some practise matches and get an idea on a few players and some fresh faces aswell to look at. Anyone who chooses to ignore Nab League practise matches are leaving themselves behind the pack as you also get to see players who spend a lot of the year usually playing school football, in the last few week I was able to watch the likes of Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Finlay Macrae, Sam Berry, Zach Reid, Jake Bowey and Connor Downie so it’s certainly worth the trouble for anyone wanting to get into watching the draftable players for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back