Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanders and Taheny's drop down the rankings is interesting. I thought they may be top 10ish picks this season.
It’s hard to rate Taheny, I have not seen him at his best and he wasn’t selected to play for the AFL academy and couldn’t even get a late call up with Cooper Stephens and Devon Robertson missing. Flanders has only been solid so far this year so hard to have him as a clear top 10 prospect

eDPS Rolling Mock Draft
29/04/2019
View attachment 664533
Could have been worse. You could have had Ash or Serong go to Gold Coast with their first.

Will be a little disappointed if we have to match a bid on Martyn with our second.

Where did you rate Flynn Perez before the season started? What type of player is he?

Could have been worse. You could have had Ash or Serong go to Gold Coast with their first.

Will be a little disappointed if we have to match a bid on Martyn with our second.

Where did you rate Flynn Perez before the season started? What type of player is he?
Either way I’d have you take Butler at that pick but thought Martyn being part of the academy would most likely be a better chance to go earlier, his value is around that spot aswell I feel.

Perez mostly played as an outside type/forward and it’s always harder to rate those types of limited games. I had him 30-50 anyway

eDPS Rolling Mock Draft
22/04/2019
View attachment 660089

Just out of curiosity what more would you like to see Delahunty do to get into that top 40? Obviously not complaining that we don't have to use a higher pick but he's been good from what I've observed, liked him a lot in the game v Casey

Just out of curiosity what more would you like to see Delahunty do to get into that top 40? Obviously not complaining that we don't have to use a higher pick but he's been good from what I've observed, liked him a lot in the game v Casey
Consistency over 4 quarters and his kicking and decision making in open play are also a query for mine, he is also undersized for a key forward and he seems to rely more on his strength than his speed or leap to beat his opponents which may not hold up at the next level.

Consistency over 4 quarters and his kicking and decision making in open play are also a query for mine, he is also undersized for a key forward and he seems to rely more on his strength than his speed or leap to beat his opponents which may not hold up at the next level.
Fair enough, in comparison to Harry Himmelberg at this stage where do they sit when compared to each other? I worry that they may be a bit too similar to be a long term KPF pairing

Fair enough, in comparison to Harry Himmelberg at this stage where do they sit when compared to each other? I worry that they may be a bit too similar to be a long term KPF pairing
Preferred Himmelberg when he was a draft prospect and think he still has more tricks, personally would like to see how Delahunty goes as a mid

Preferred Himmelberg when he was a draft prospect and think he still has more tricks, personally would like to see how Delahunty goes as a mid
That'd be good to see, especially with his size around stoppages it'd be a great POD. I think a focus on being a third tall would help him as well, don't think he's main KPF material

Either way I’d have you take Butler at that pick but thought Martyn being part of the academy would most likely be a better chance to go earlier, his value is around that spot aswell I feel.

Perez mostly played as an outside type/forward and it’s always harder to rate those types of limited games. I had him 30-50 anyway
Might need to start factoring in Keiden Coleman in to your big board/rankings somewhere.

Got the NEAFL Rising Star this week, though it was against Gold Coast’s reserves, and they’re really poor.

But he’s been very good all four games, playing as a small forward. He’s also the only U19 academy player to play every game in the NEAFL team, and hasn’t played as an over age academy player in the Academy team in the NAB league.

Ok, tell me about Butler.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we went for a tall forward or Ruck if they were considered best available. Or even a tall defender if we think we can turn them in to a forward.

At the moment, in the NEAFL team, we’ve moved Ballenden in to defence when he played as forward ruck as a junior. We’ve moved Sam Skinner to the forwards (after he’s had three knee reconstructions).

We’re also playing Toby Wooller (who’s now 195cm) as a forward mid. He’s trimmed down and increased his running capacity, and is attending many centre bounces.

Really not sure what we’ll do with our first pick if there’s not a running defender or general defender available at our first pick.

We’ve got a lot of young mids now, and Martyn available through the academy.

Ok, tell me about Butler.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we went for a tall forward or Ruck if they were considered best available. Or even a tall defender if we think we can turn them in to a forward.

At the moment, in the NEAFL team, we’ve moved Ballenden in to defence when he played as forward ruck as a junior. We’ve moved Sam Skinner to the forwards (after he’s had three knee reconstructions).

We’re also playing Toby Wooller (who’s now 195cm) as a forward mid. He’s trimmed down and increased his running capacity, and is attending many centre bounces.

Really not sure what we’ll do with our first pick if there’s not a running defender or general defender available at our first pick.

We’ve got a lot of young mids now, and Martyn available through the academy.
Louis Butler is a Jake Lloyd type, running defender who is a ball magnet with above average speed. Used to be a mid and played as a mid at school football aswell I believe so he always has that up his sleeve.

Imo you have talls pretty covered with maybe another key forward to look at but yeah depends on what else is available I guess at those picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might need to start factoring in Keiden Coleman in to your big board/rankings somewhere.

Got the NEAFL Rising Star this week, though it was against Gold Coast’s reserves, and they’re really poor.

But he’s been very good all four games, playing as a small forward. He’s also the only U19 academy player to play every game in the NEAFL team, and hasn’t played as an over age academy player in the Academy team in the NAB league.
Yep, I've been watching the live streams, very impressive with a bagful of tricks. Surely Brisbane will take him because if they don't someone else will.

Louis Butler is a Jake Lloyd type, running defender who is a ball magnet with above average speed. Used to be a mid and played as a mid at school football aswell I believe so he always has that up his sleeve.

Imo you have talls pretty covered with maybe another key forward to look at but yeah depends on what else is available I guess at those picks.
So also a Matty Lloyd type? :p

Chirgwin is a tall midfielder who moves well and is good overhead, his contested game and kicking at times could use some work but has the tools.

HRS is an outside mid/half forward who is quick and dangerous, could be more consistent
Interesting. Like the sound of Ralph-Smith, the more runners and pace depth we have the better with our game plan.
Although if Cooper Stephens is there at 25 I would seriously consider a trade up to get him (if i was Essendon). Exactly the type of mid we could use.
Flipping a future third with one of our seconds should do it.

Just finished watching the 2nd trial game played between SA and WA, unfortunately I didn’t have the list for WA but could tell who Deven Robertson was who was the main player anyway in that game for WA.

Disposals I noted although I may have missed a few, also note the last quarter finished after 15minutes instead of 25 and Robertson missed the last quarter

Deven Robertson 23
Jackson Mead 20
Kysaiah Pickett 16
Cameron Taheny 9

A few names that impressed me, some I knew and some I didn’t from SA

Jed McEntee
Daniel Sladojevic
Josh Morris
Joshua Shute

Shute the main one of the 4 who impressed me, got plenty of it.

My best players from the first game not including players I already knew like Gould, Sharp and Rivers
WA
Jarvis Pina
Chad Warner
Liam Henry
Cameron Anderson

SA
Callum Park
Harry Schoenberg
Lachlan Hoile
Brady Searle
Lachlan McNeil

hey guys, dees fan here. season is stuffed so am back to looking at the draft.

we wont finish last but who do people think are 3 or 4 players that I should focus my research on? :)

clearly we are now short of a key forward but even moreso leg speed all over the ground is the main issue that needs addressing

hey guys, dees fan here. season is stuffed so am back to looking at the draft.

we wont finish last but who do people think are 3 or 4 players that I should focus my research on? :)

clearly we are now short of a key forward but even moreso leg speed all over the ground is the main issue that needs addressing
Good idea to keep checking my rolling mock draft to see the players being discussed in your draft range, no key forward for your first pick but some quick mids are available. Your later pick could be one of the two big Sandringham key position players Fischer McAsey or Charlie Dean.

Just finished watching the 2nd trial game played between SA and WA, unfortunately I didn’t have the list for WA but could tell who Deven Robertson was who was the main player anyway in that game for WA.

Disposals I noted although I may have missed a few, also note the last quarter finished after 15minutes instead of 25 and Robertson missed the last quarter

Deven Robertson 23
Jackson Mead 20
Kysaiah Pickett 16
Cameron Taheny 9

A few names that impressed me, some I knew and some I didn’t from SA

Jed McEntee
Daniel Sladojevic
Josh Morris
Joshua Shute

Shute the main one of the 4 who impressed me, got plenty of it.

My best players from the first game not including players I already knew like Gould, Sharp and Rivers
WA
Jarvis Pina
Chad Warner
Liam Henry
Cameron Anderson

SA
Callum Park
Harry Schoenberg
Lachlan Hoile
Brady Searle
Lachlan McNeil
Think we'll have something to work with in Henry. We've had him, Joel Western and Brandon Walker (the later two both underagers) named in the Champs squad from our NGA. Cant wait to get to watch the lads

What do think of Coleman compared to Charlie Cameron?
Maybe more tricks offensively but don't think he has the same intensity or defensive pressure of Cameron at this point, plenty to work with though. Cameron IMO pound for pound is the best tackler in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back