Status
Not open for further replies.
eDPS Rolling Mock Draft
08/05/2019

View attachment 669899

North pick 22 should be Cooper Stephens

Swans pick 29 should be Josh Honey

North pick 40 should be Karl Finlay
Can’t say I’m to thrilled with players available at our first pick.

It’s pretty much as I feared, that if Collingwood make the final, it feels like we’re missing out on that second tier of draftees, or best available doesn’t really play a position of need.

How far away is Lachlan Potter from your top 40? Or Nick Bryan?

Does Sam De Koning have the potential to play forward.

Can’t say I’m to thrilled with players available at our first pick.

It’s pretty much as I feared, that if Collingwood make the final, it feels like we’re missing out on that second tier of draftees, or best available doesn’t really play a position of need.

How far away is Lachlan Potter from your top 40? Or Nick Bryan?

Does Sam De Koning have the potential to play forward.
It’s tough to rank at this stage, the top 2 are the only solid spots for me I think

Potter was in the 40 last week and will keep hovering around that range at this stage, Bryan also hovering and need to see how he goes playing against players like Jackson at the champs.

I prefer De Koning as a forward and he is one that could bolt up with a good showing at champs.

Game 1 finished

Metro 15 12 102
Country 6 8 44

Goal Scorers
Metro
Anthony O’Sullivan 3, Jack Rossimel 2, Jaelan Pavlidis 2, Luca Anderson, Ben Williams, Darcy Wilmot, Josh Sinn, Fletcher Parkinson, Jack Hebbard, Brock Jacobsen, Ben Wooddull

Country
Joshua Rachele 2, Nyawi Moore, Kai Lohmann, Indy Parish, Judson Clarke

Best Players
Metro
Josh Sinn, Braden Andrews, Anthony O’Sullivan, Brock Jacobsen, Joel Fitzgerald, Luca Anderson

Country
Campbell Chesser, Jake Hodgkin, Indy Parish, Lincoln White, Kai Lohmann, Joshua Rachele

Game 2

Metro 16 11 107
Country 5 3 33

Goal scorers
Metro
Paul Curtis 3, Ingo Dammersmith 2, Jack Newitt 2, Jed Rule 2, Youseph Dib 2, Tom Rowland 2, Jake Soligo, Blake Howes, Dante Visentini

Country
Ben Hobbs 2, Josh Rentsch, Liam Heasley, Harvey Gallagher

Best Players
Metro
Tyler Sonsie, Josh Ward, Lachlan Rankin, Ingo Dammersmith, Jake Soligo, Jack Newitt

Country
Ben Hobbs, Charlie Molan, Sam Breuer, Sam Butler

I agree with Budarick, tough inside, thinks his way through games. Gore is a permanent small forward I’m not so sure about at AFL level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think the latter has a good footy brain and core skills , He seems to be the most consistent small forward in the country for his age atm. Budarick may now even be pushing top 10 in this years draft. Great to see Gold Coast producing two great local prospects that are making an impact at neafl level at only 17. Alex Davies who is in next years crop did well in his debut as well

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS & Pie 4 Life who’s the best KPF in the draft?

Can either Luke Jackson (WA) or Nick Bryan (Oak) play as a forward/Ruck?
I would say Charlie Dean, a few others from interstate could make claims like Daniel Sladojevic and even Fischer McAsey who can play at either end. I’m yet to see Jackson and Bryan as competent up forward so hopefully they can spends some time there in the champs. Brodie Kemp can play as a key forward due to his leap and contested marking but prefer he play as a mid long term who goes deep to be a dangerous target not taking the tall defender.

Jay Rantall getting another dose of leather poisoning again here at Mars, Potter's amazing wheels and evasiveness on full display again

Jay Rantall getting another dose of leather poisoning again here at Mars, Potter's amazing wheels and evasiveness on full display again
I’d like Rebels to move Rantall down back to help with his kicking, don’t think he is getting much improvement playing as a mid where he can favour the handball easily.

Ned Cahill continues to grow on me...

he's a good small forw, ive had him in my list since last season when he dominated the finals series

I would say Charlie Dean, a few others from interstate could make claims like Daniel Sladojevic and even Fischer McAsey who can play at either end. I’m yet to see Jackson and Bryan as competent up forward so hopefully they can spends some time there in the champs. Brodie Kemp can play as a key forward due to his leap and contested marking but prefer he play as a mid long term who goes deep to be a dangerous target not taking the tall defender.

Charlie Dean is the best tall man in the draft i agree, theres some other good prospects with McAsey, Finlay, Schischka, Newman ect, Jackson is a decent ruck but im waiting for the Championships before i believe his hype, although even people hyping him up earlier in the year are dropping off a bit, Kelly is a good ruck and might be picked up in the mid-season draft and Aaron Clarke is a smokey.

P.S Jeka is decent but doesnt score many goals and Georgiades is a good prospect that has been injured so far this season, so hoping to see him in the Championships

Last edited:
eDPS & Pie 4 Life who’s the best KPF in the draft?

Can either Luke Jackson (WA) or Nick Bryan (Oak) play as a forward/Ruck?
Dean for me too. They can play there but I wouldn’t pick them over Dean if you’re after a KPF.

Charlie Dean is the best tall man in the draft i agree, theres some other good prospects with McAsey, Finlay, Schischka, Newman ect, Jackson is a decent ruck but im waiting for the Championships before i believe his hype, although even people hyping him up earlier in the year are dropping off a bit, Kelly is a good ruck and might be picked up in the mid-season draft and Aaron Clarke is a smokey.

P.S Jeka is decent but doesnt score many goals and Georgiades is a good prospect that has been injured so far this season, so hoping to see him in the Championships

Dean for me too. They can play there but I wouldn’t pick them over Dean if you’re after a KPF.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I haven't read anything on Charlie Dean, or watched him online at all. What type of forward is he?

Trying to get a handle of Brisbane's needs at the moment and looking at our first three picks (Pie's first rounder, Suns second rounder, and our own second). Would hope we get to use all three picks before matching bids on Martyn and Coleman.

We have lots of needs.

A genuine KPF who can kick straight, who understands leading patterns, and can take a contested mark.

A balanced mid. We haven't seen any of our 2018 mids we drafted yet. Tom Berry is probably the closest to getting a run in the first team. Problem is, our reserves look to be far to strong for all the other teams in the NEAFL, that it's hard to gage many players performances.

A running, rebounding defender, as well as a small lock down defender.

Outside speed.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I haven't read anything on Charlie Dean, or watched him online at all. What type of forward is he?

Trying to get a handle of Brisbane's needs at the moment and looking at our first three picks (Pie's first rounder, Suns second rounder, and our own second). Would hope we get to use all three picks before matching bids on Martyn and Coleman.

We have lots of needs.

A genuine KPF who can kick straight, who understands leading patterns, and can take a contested mark.

A balanced mid. We haven't seen any of our 2018 mids we drafted yet. Tom Berry is probably the closest to getting a run in the first team. Problem is, our reserves look to be far to strong for all the other teams in the NEAFL, that it's hard to gage many players performances.

A running, rebounding defender, as well as a small lock down defender.

Outside speed.
Lachlan Potter is your man if you want a running, rebounding defender, go have a look at the replay of the GWV Rebels vs Northern Knights game today, some of his run, evasiveness and dare has to be seen to be believed. Not going to go as high as Hayden Young or Lachlan Ash most likely but some of what he does is jawdropping. Have a look at the long goal he dobbed after bursting out of the centre today, amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back