Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maher unlucky but if he has a strong start in the NAB League next year with some bit games in the midfield I’m sure he will find a home in the mid-season draft.

Sandringham going to be very strong with 19 year olds Heath, Cleary, Carrigan amongst others
Kolar another like Maher, a couple of good games early and you'd guess mid season draft would be a sure thing

Maher unlucky but if he has a strong start in the NAB League next year with some bit games in the midfield I’m sure he will find a home in the mid-season draft.

Sandringham going to be very strong with 19 year olds Heath, Cleary, Carrigan amongst others
I would expect some kids to spend the preseason at AFL clubs, and be rookied during the SSP.

I know Steve Conole mentioned we’d be watching kids who missed out during the preseason.

Can you draft kids in the mid season draft that would normally be taken at the end of year national draft?

Can you draft kids in the mid season draft that would normally be taken at the end of year national draft?
If they were overlooked from a previous draft, then yes.

Maher unlucky but if he has a strong start in the NAB League next year with some big games in the midfield I’m sure he will find a home in the mid-season draft.

Hamish mentioned a player has agreed to come over to train with the Crows but didn't give much away, obviously an interstater. If you hear anything let me know? :)

2 players I've liked a lot throughout the year Phoenix Spicer and Henry Smith went in the main draft but going by the talk in the media etc their best chances looked to be the rookie draft, pleased for both of them. Reckon they'll both be doing overtime in gym and weights room though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Bell has said that we rated O'Driscoll much higher than where we got him (hence the trades) so maybe your phantom was better than I gave it credit for re Freo eDPS.
You don’t know how close I was to putting it exactly how freo went with it haha I was also close to having Neale instead of Walsh for that cats pick 🤦‍♂️

Seems clubs put a lot of value on last years games for this years draftees, just looking at my rankings at the start of this year and where the players went only 4 didn’t get taken in the top 30 and a few circumstances like Baldwins ACL certainly play a part aswell
View attachment 1026265
Any speculation on why Ford and Trew slid in the draft?

Any speculation on why Ford and Trew slid in the draft?
Ford’s inconsistency didn’t help from his bottom age but I really don’t think he goes that low with a full top age season. Trew really started to wind down as the year went on, his all-star game was pretty average by his standards and his kicking which was a strength last year wasn’t as strong this year

Jamarra has been a standout number one pick for at least 18 months. Certainly from September last year. Of course people are going to prefer others over him such as McDonald, Thilthorpe, Hollands, Phillips even etc. but there's no way I would have said he was third or fourth last year. At worst he was level with some of the above names, but since his 16s days he's been touted as a top pick.

I don't think you can go off one pundit's opinion because everyone has different opinions. I know for me personally, Jamarra has been the standout prospect for a while and hasn't moved from the #1 spot. In saying that, I agree that the media hype over players can get to ridiculous levels. They are never compared to the mid-tier players, it always has to be the elites of the game, which isn't fair to either the player not the prospect IMO. But the media (and clubs) have to try and promote them as top-line talents because you're not going to build excitement if you don't.
The pretend certainty around these kids is crazy.

Jack Watts was also the standout #1 pick for months heading into the draft.

Thanks for your insights this year mate. You were on the ball real early with a lot of prospective draftees.

In your opinion eDPS who were the most unlucky to not get drafted this year?

I would have thought the Tassie contingent of Callow, Davis and Collins deserved a shot. Along with Maher and Baldwin. Obviously the list cuts had a big impact with these guys not getting a shot. Any others that really stand out to you?

A big personal thanks again for the mountain of work you've put in keeping us all informed on Big Footy in 2020. Much appreciated and looking forward to your thoughts on the 2021 draft crop as the season unfolds. :thumbsu: :goat:

Ford’s inconsistency didn’t help from his bottom age but I really don’t think he goes that low with a full top age season. Trew really started to wind down as the year went on, his all-star game was pretty average by his standards and his kicking which was a strength last year wasn’t as strong this year

Seems Trew played with an injured neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back