Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of debate on the Swans forum on McDonald, some saying he would be a great get if available, but others like myself worrying about the history of high end key position players being sketchy with a lot of failures, and how top 5 pick midfielders are usually a much much safer bet.
Rowbottom and Florent are coming along and the likes of Stephens and Warner got drafted last year. If you want a high quality key forward you need to run the risk of taking them high but it’s certainly a tough one to read as the top 5 currently looks to be the most open it’s been for awhile.

Rowbottom and Florent are coming along and the likes of Stephens and Warner got drafted last year. If you want a high quality key forward you need to run the risk of taking them high but it’s certainly a tough one to read as the top 5 currently looks to be the most open it’s been for awhile.

Also how good is Logan McDonald as truth be told I only heard about him for the first time this week, so I don't know if he had one good game or if he is having sustained success? How was he last year?

Also how good is Logan McDonald as truth be told I only heard about him for the first time this week, so I don't know if he had one good game or if he is having sustained success? How was he last year?
Solid last year, regular goal scorer.

first two games at league level have been outstanding, averaging 3 goals a game and 15 disposals which is incredible for a young key forward especially when they are playing shortened quarters like in AFL. Not a single key forward playing right now is getting close to averaging that many disposals.

edPS, I think you have this right for Adelaide. We need everything (LOL!), but mids especially. Would be very happy with Hollands & Poulter.

I think we'd only pick up a tall at the top-end of the draft, if we gained another pick (e.g. from Brad Crouch FA). Then Thilthorpe and McDonald would come into calculation.

The only way this approach may change is if we happen to pick up some reasonable fringe mids during the trade period, e.g Dunstan, Fiorini, Brodie, Jack Graham, maybe to tide us over, in terms of mids, to the next National Draft.

Sorry EDPS, but 20 for Dustan?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just in case the Metro and Country teams dont get any form of games even late in the year ive decided to categorise the Country and Metro players into whether i think they could go top 10, top 20 and so on. Sorry if i miss some players but yeah these are where i think these players can be taken at their highest just on previous form.

Top 10
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Elijah Hollands
Will Phillips
Nik Cox
Reef McInness
Archie Perkins
Tanner Bruhn
Oliver Henry

Top 20
Zach Reid
Eddie Ford
Finlay Macrae

Top 30
Zavier Maher
Sam Berry
Bailey Laurie
Connor Stone
Connor Downie
Cody Brand
Jackson Cardillo
Clayton Gay
Cameron Fleeton
Charlie Lazzaro
Jake Bowey
Max Heath

Top 40
Dominic Bedendo
Liam McMahon
Ollie Lord
Fraser Rosman
Luke Cleary
Darby Hipwell
Jack Ginnivan
Noah Gadsby
Ryan Angwin
Nick Stevens
Harry Sharp
Felix Flockart
Joshua Clarke
Cody Raak
Joshua Eyre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Played Colts last year (2019) and the year before (2018) - year before was a lot more impressive where he put up some huge bags of goals (like 9 goals in a game) as a 16 year old, whereas 2019 he kicked goals in most games but it was sort of only in the 1-3 range per game.
  • Was part of the Academy last year
  • Played in U18 championships last year for all bar I think one game; his first game was impressive but he got the wobbles in front of goal and ended up with only 1 goal and three behinds (and maybe an out of bounds as well) - his kicking technique is pretty good so was probably just nerves - he has a reputation for being very accurate;
  • Played in the NAB showcase game where I think he may have kicked a goal from memory but was otherwise not prominent.
So last year wasn't as prominent as the year before that, but he has been around. In 2018 when people were discussing what might happen in 2019 and when people suggested using Freo's first pick on Jeremy Sharp I said that I'd rather trade away the pick to get Logan McDonald the next year, to indicate how impressive I thought his 2018 was. But I admit I did jump off the bandwagon at the end of last year simply because last year wasn't sustaining the 2018 form. I guess what could have maybe played a role was the fact he was finishing high school last year, whereas this year he is at University.

This year he has been impressive again - the reality is that he played four games in a row, two before the main season proper at a senior level and kicked 3 or more goals in all of them against grown men. I haven't seen anything like that really since Scott Gumbleton or maybe Jack Darling, and back in the days it was easier for Gumbleton to break into the Peel seniors because of a lack of tall timber. Scott was reasonably prominent and regularly got the top backman; I think we do need to temper it a bit with Logan because he isn't always getting the best backman yet, but even so.

and the Swans have a couple of NGA's mids this year dont they ...... Campbell and Goulden ? how many points doy you think they will need for them ... I think they have a pick in the 20's and couple in the 50's

and the Swans have a couple of NGA's mids this year dont they ...... Campbell and Goulden ? how many points doy you think they will need for them ... I think they have a pick in the 20's and couple in the 50's
Campbell I expect a bid between 5-15 and Gulden 30 onwards. Think most of their picks will be wiped out so I’d assume they are already going in expecting to take 3 players in the draft including those two and perhaps Rossmann and Sheather as rookies.

Campbell I expect a bid between 5-15 and Gulden 30 onwards. Think most of their picks will be wiped out so I’d assume they are already going in expecting to take 3 players in the draft including those two and perhaps Rossmann and Sheather as rookies.

Sounds like they may need points or perhaps go into debt... what 2021 look like for them?

Sounds like they may need points or perhaps go into debt... what 2021 look like for them?
They don’t have any of their own academy kids at Campbell’s level but they would still want to avoid going into deficit for such a strong draft so I’d expect they may do some dealings for some late picks this year if they need to make up points.

They don’t have any of their own academy kids at Campbell’s level but they would still want to avoid going into deficit for such a strong draft so I’d expect they may do some dealings for some late picks this year if they need to make up points.

Rough estimate ... how strong is 2021 expected to be? Will we see a reticence for clubs to trade out of it?

best fit for the blues in the top 10?
I think Oliver Henry might be a good pick, brings something different to what you already have and could play a key role forward or back. He has AA levels of potential. Tanner Bruhn might be another to check out or Nik Cox as a tall utility.

Any thoughts on Jackson Cardillo?
I grabbed my summary on him from this thread, Snuffaluphagus has some info at the top of my threads relating to asking for specific players so please use that for the future.

Jackson Cardillo (AH)
186cm 78kg
Forward/Midfielder
DR: 20-45

Strengths
Speed
Overhead Marking
Clean hands
Forward Craft
Midfield Balance
Composure
Tackling

Queries
Kicking
Production?
Contested game?

- Kicking is the main spot to just tidy up, not bad in the contests but could go a little harder to win own ball at stoppages and use the breakaway speed he knows he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back