Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think your pro-tip is working Snuffaluphagus 😂
On a recent post i asked about Maurice Rioli jnr , I dont see his name on any of the threads
your opinion ?
I’ve got a little summary of him here I did earlier in the thread, was excited to see him play this year hopefully gets some sort of games done later on but a guarantee to go to tigers I think

Maurice Rioli Jr
173cm 73kg
Small Forward
DR: 25-55

Strengths
Tackling Pressure
Forward Craft
Speed
Clean hands
Skills
Creativity

Queries
Size
Endurance

- A player for tigers fans to get excited about, Rioli is a special little player who isnt too dissimilar to Tipungwuti, small in stature but a tackle machine and highlight reel all in one

I’ve got a little summary of him here I did earlier in the thread, was excited to see him play this year hopefully gets some sort of games done later on but a guarantee to go to tigers I think

Maurice Rioli Jr
173cm 73kg
Small Forward

Strengths
Tackling Pressure
Forward Craft
Speed
Clean hands
Skills
Creativity

Queries
Size
Endurance

- A player for tigers fans to get excited about, Rioli is a special little player who isnt too dissimilar to Tipungwuti, small in stature but a tackle machine and highlight reel all in one
I feeling that you are of the opinion late pick or rookie

Maurice Rioli Jr
173cm 73kg
Small Forward

Strengths
Tackling Pressure
Forward Craft
Speed
Clean hands
Skills
Creativity

Queries
Size
Endurance

You can lead a horse to water...

eDPS what do think north draft? Do we use ours and melbournes pick to pick 2 best kids we can or one for best kid at that pick then draft for needs with 2nd pick. Next pick is essendons 2nd rounder which is late 20s i think? Could get pushed back to mid - late 30s. Unsure about drafting DGB unless hes the real deal. Our latest 1st round picks for key backs are McKay and Durdin. Struggling to see Durdin get a new contract unless he flicks a switch between now and end of year. McKay only just starting to come on now. Should we be looking at 2 best mids or mid and a fwd maybe?

eDPS what do think north draft? Do we use ours and melbournes pick to pick 2 best kids we can or one for best kid at that pick then draft for needs with 2nd pick. Next pick is essendons 2nd rounder which is late 20s i think? Could get pushed back to mid - late 30s. Unsure about drafting DGB unless hes the real deal. Our latest 1st round picks for key backs are McKay and Durdin. Struggling to see Durdin get a new contract unless he flicks a switch between now and end of year. McKay only just starting to come on now. Should we be looking at 2 best mids or mid and a fwd maybe?

The North bigfooty board are in love with Will Phillips with your first and then if Logan McDonald is available with your second you have a replacement for Ben Brown soonish, could be what North are thinking at this stage?

It’s a tough one as their are a lot of different types of players available early on and still a lot to play out to help seperate those players.

DGB is an elite interceptor but he is also a good athlete, clean and a good competitor considering his light frame so what we see now is only a fraction of what he could be capable of for the future, a hard player to pass up. Some more speed through the midfield wouldn’t hurt and someone like Nathan O’Driscoll would be one to consider as he is still growing and could become a genuine big bodied midfielder with good athleticism. There is a lack of quality tall inside midfielders so he would have to be in contention, also a lack of skill and class later on so Tanner Bruhn would also have to be considered.

Hey eDPS who are the top line breaking hbf’ers?
Gee there isn’t many, well a few off the top of my head

Brandon Walker
Lachlan Jones
Joshua Clarke
Xavier Robins
Zac Meloncelli

It’s not the best draft for half backs with speed, a few taller defenders with nice kicks or play as 3rd talls but not many that have genuine dare and long kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a tough one as their are a lot of different types of players available early on and still a lot to play out to help seperate those players.

DGB is an elite interceptor but he is also a good athlete, clean and a good competitor considering his light frame so what we see now is only a fraction of what he could be capable of for the future, a hard player to pass up. Some more speed through the midfield wouldn’t hurt and someone like Nathan O’Driscoll would be one to consider as he is still growing and could become a genuine big bodied midfielder with good athleticism. There is a lack of quality tall inside midfielders so he would have to be in contention, also a lack of skill and class later on so Tanner Bruhn would also have to be considered.

Gee there isn’t many, well a few off the top of my head

Brandon Walker
Lachlan Jones
Joshua Clarke
Xavier Robins
Zac Meloncelli

It’s not the best draft for half backs with speed, a few taller defenders with nice kicks or play as 3rd talls but not many that have genuine dare and long kicking.
We recruited Ah Chee to play as a running defender, but I always said he’s a natural forward.

Last night’s game just reinforced that for me.

Can Oliver Henry provide run and carry out of defence, or is he more an intercept mark and kick it long type?

We recruited Ah Chee to play as a running defender, but I always said he’s a natural forward.

Last night’s game just reinforced that for me.

Can Oliver Henry provide run and carry out of defence, or is he more an intercept mark and kick it long type?
A bit like Sicily, whatever type you want to categorise that

would need more than that

rocky got 4x 700k and got band 2. That was a few years ago now and wages have gone up.
Rocky was a year older. Age has a heavy influence on compensation.

What kind of player is Logan Foley eDPS , and is he a possibility for the draft? Noticed he averages 16 disposals and 6 marks so far this season .

A bit like Sicily, whatever type you want to categorise that

I presume Sicily more the talent than the personality type..? He has no overt aggressive nature ?

Just reading both you and Km idea on him... it seems his worth has a wide range atm... I suspect Henry might be taken by Geelong earlier than some might think he is worth .. he has a nice bundle of attribute the like ..and being a geelong boy its something they do not mind.

I presume Sicily more the talent than the personality type..? He has no overt aggressive nature ?

Just reading both you and Km idea on him... it seems his worth has a wide range atm... I suspect Henry might be taken by Geelong earlier than some might think he is worth .. he has a nice bundle of attribute the like ..and being a geelong boy its something they do not mind.
No nothing like that, no reason to compare those types of things

Henry’s worth is higher than what KM thinks imo, everyone else I talk to in the traps rates him very highly

Last edited:
No nothing like that, no reason to collate those types of things

Henry’s worth is higher than what KM thinks imo, everyone else I talk to in the traps rates him very highly

Not saying Km or you are right or wrong, it makes it even more interesting when there is a wide range of opinions from educated eyes... ..

Where some players end up getting taken in the draft can astound sometimes..

I have a suspicion Geelong with three R1 might jump early. .. (and im not saying Sicily attitude is without merit at times). but if they like a kid off and on the ground.. and tehy would know him well then Geelong/Wells are not afraid to go early.

Not saying Km or you are right or wrong, it makes it even more interesting when there is a wide range of opinions from educated eyes... ..

Where some players end up getting taken in the draft can astound sometimes..

I have a suspicion Geelong with three R1 might jump early. .. (and im not saying Sicily attitude is without merit at times). but if they like a kid off and on the ground.. and tehy would know him well then Geelong/Wells are not afraid to go early.
I wouldn’t consider him going in the first round ‘early’. He is well and trually in the top 10 mix and may not even make it to your first pick. Only shares comparisons to Sicily in size and play style, plays with a lot of confidence, takes intercept marks.

I wouldn’t consider him going in the first round ‘early’. He is well and trually in the top 10 mix and may not even make it to your first pick. Only shares comparisons to Sicily in size and play style, plays with a lot of confidence, takes intercept marks.

Mmm.. oh well one can only control so much... I suspect there will be a lot of ups and downs before ......"december"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back