Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn’t have him drafted on his game today, plenty of good performers who may not get taken either like Fyfe and Pescud.
I thought he was good, didn't always get his hands on the ball. But its I guess the team things he did, rather than the selfish things. Prob could have had 3 goals if those misses worked out. Applies good pressure.

But still time to keep impressing the club.

I thought he was good, didn't always get his hands on the ball. But its I guess the team things he did, rather than the selfish things. Prob could have had 3 goals if those misses worked out.

But still time to keep impressing the club.
Not saying he didn’t play well but as a 19 year old he will have to do a bit more

I wouldn’t have him drafted on his game today, plenty of good performers who may not get taken either like Fyfe and Pescud.
From what I have been told he had to play a different role today as a centre moving forward as he was being typecast as a small forward so he did pretty well I'm a new position. Think the Brisbane ruck.is McDonald raw as red meat but has potential

From what I have been told he had to play a different role today as a centre moving forward as he was being typecast as a small forward so he did pretty well I'm a new position. Think the Brisbane ruck.is McDonald raw as red meat but has potential
Yeah that’s a good thing, I like seeing young players moved around to show some versatility.

Makes sense, since it looked like he was playing inside mid/wing, then moving forward.

Yeah that’s a good thing, I like seeing young players moved around to show some versatility.
Poor kid , seems to be polarising . From what I saw I thought he was bog for the suns team in the absence of Davies but agree with Edps that 19 year Olds need to show extra

Poor kid , seems to be polarising . From what I saw I thought he was bog for the suns team in the absence of Davies but agree with Edps that 19 year Olds need to show extra
Josh Fahey was best on ground imo, he set up the play and repelled so much of Brisbane’s entry’s. Fyfe had the ball on a string on the wing and Max Pescud was exciting up forward kicking a few and passing a few off aswell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Fahey was best on ground imo, he set up the play and repelled so much of Brisbane’s entry’s. Fyfe had the ball on a sting on the wing and Max Pescud was exciting up forward kicking a few and passing a few off aswell.
Agree that Pescud is exciting but like what others say he coughed it up quiet a bit at vital times too which maybe why he was overlooked for Allies unlike Fyfe ,. Pescud needs to get that out of his game . Guess people see things differently but your a draft expert and your opinion has to count

I watched 2 full games this week and watched a few others here and there and plan to watch some footage over this coming week aswell but thought I’d give a little summary on some players that played in those two games.

Perth vs East Fremantle

Went into this game knowing which East Fremantle players to look out for but apart from O’Driscoll there wasn’t many names that i knew of for Perth and was happily surprised to find a couple i liked. First of was Zac Meloncelli a classy half back who read the play well and used it really well to boot, he finished the game with 30 disposals, 12 marks and 6 tackles. Not a bad size at 185cm and 73kg and a fairly good athlete aswell so might be a bolter to watch out for. The other was undersized ruckman Jaiden Hunter who reminded me a lot of last years Harrison Jones, Jones the year before his draft year was used as a ruckman due to limited options but he was always going to be a key position player and i get the same sense for Hunter who is 194cm and 75kg but dominated due to his leap timing and skill and composure at ground level. I’d really like to see him play key position because that the role he would play at the next level, he finished the game with 20 disposals, 7 marks and 44 hit outs and most of those 20 dispsoals hit their mark i was impressed with his disposal for his size.

Nathan O’Driscoll didn’t have a dominant game but he was able to show plenty of his traits regardless and although testing at 187cm at the start of the year he looks close to 189 or 190cm now and could still be growing even more. Not sure if it’s because of the growth spurt but he didn’t look as strong over the ball as usual and certainly looks more lanky than stocky but in open play he still hit players hard for tackles. He had one great bit of play where he sold candy to about 2 players and made it look easy really showing his obvious class and athleticism. His kicking in the windy conditions was actually very good especially compared to everyone on the ground, it was an issue i had with him but looks like he has worked on it. Firming as a genuine top 10 player especially with the growth spurt and he finished with 20 disposals.

For East Fremantle a kid that impressed me last week and again this week so bottom ager Joshua Browne, a very class and clean player at half back who makes good decisions by hand and foot, reminds me a bit of Trent Rivers and again looks another that could get go through the midfield next year in his draft year, still had 21 disposals. Jack Carroll had another solid game, still a hard player to place as he has some eye catching movements at times especially when using his leap he looks a threat when going forward and to be honest he just doesnt seem as damaging as an inside midfielder which is the role he is playing but he certainly still wins clearances and has a decent enough craft, he had 20 disposals and 5 tackles.

Brandon Walker is really starting to show why he was so highly rated, I had him top 20 at the start of the year but has moved back slightly but he is certainly making a case to return to my top 20. Not many players have his mix of athletic traits and skills, one of the goals he kicked was an absolute beauty and i expect the footage of it to show up eventually. Finished with 19 disposals and 2 goals and is looking like a weapon and tracking like an Adam Saad.

Second game was Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast academies going head to head, ill only go into short detail here especially on the lions players who had a dirty day especially for the forwards, Blake Coleman kicked a ripper goal but his highlights where few and far between. Carter Michael played at half back and looked pretty decent, showed some good dash aswell so might be an spot he can make his own, did play some midfield time late in the game aswell. Saxon Crozier was only ok, he doesnt excite me as much as Coleman and Michael as a wingman who doesnt really have the speed to really catch the eye but on the other hand Tahj Abberley was on the other wing and looked great and was best on ground for the Lions i felt. Very classy and composed with his skill by hand and foot really shining, would have liked for him to to kick the ball inside 50 more though.

Suns had a lot more decent contributors, Aiden Fyfe was very classy on the win and might have gotten the most dispsoals for the day, not the quickest but still stood out with his disposal and creative ball use. Jack Johnston was solid at CHB and pretty composed, Rhys Nicholls didn’t get it a lot but looked classy and elusive whenever he was near the ball. Max Pescud and Nathan Colenso where the most dangerous forwards, Colenso more readymade with his size but does lack some athleticism, Pescud was impressive with his speed and willingness to get involved and take the game on as he kicked a couple and was unselfish passing a few off aswell he could have kicked 5.

Josh Fahey was the big talking point from the game he was superb down back cutting of so many entries and rebounding with class and precision with his left foot. Not too dissimilar to Hayden Young he certainly looks a top 20 prospect for next year and a funny quirk allows him to be in the open draft next year.

When I do my proper rankings for 2021 it will be a top 30. I’ve already got a better grasp on the interstate talent due to the better access of footage and funny enough it will be the Victorian kids that get underrated as some I haven’t seen since last year so I’m going way back on what I saw of them. Vic Metro dominated the championships last year and plenty of good kids didn’t even make the squad with one of those players definitely in my top 30 aswell.

I also have a small list of players for this year that aren’t academy hub players that ive liked, it’s rare that those players go top 20 let alone top 25 for my rankings but I still want to put these names out there to perhaps watch for next year aswell.

Victoria
Max Heath - Sandringham
Fraser Rosman - Sandringham
Charlie McKay - Sandringham
Darby Hipwell - Sandringham
Will Hart - Oakleigh
Dylan Thomas - Oakleigh
Heath Ramshaw - Northern
Liam Kolar - Northern
Jackson Bowne - Northern
Mackenzie Hogg - Northern
Joel Trudgeon - Northern

Allies
Max Pescud - Gold Coast
Maurice Rioli jr - Oakleigh

South Australia
Luke Pedlar - Glenelg
Hagan Wright - Glenelg
Xavier Robins - Glenelg
Finn Heard - Norwood
Brayden Cook - South Adelaide
Phoenix Spicer - South Adelaide
Liam Hamilton - South Adelaide
Malachy Carruthers - Sturt

Western Australia
Zac Meloncelli- Perth
Jaiden Hunter - Perth
Logan Guelfi - Claremont
Logan Young - Claremont
Lachlan Vanirsen - Subiaco
Tyler Brockman - Subiaco
Edward Curley - East Fremantle

Last edited:
I watched 2 full games this week and watched a few others here and there and plan to watch some footage over this coming week aswell but thought I’d give a little summary on some players that played in those two games.

Perth vs East Fremantle

Went into this game knowing which East Fremantle players to look out for but apart from O’Driscoll there wasn’t many names that i knew of for Perth and was happily surprised to find a couple i liked. First of was Zac Meloncelli a classy half back who read the play well and used it really well to boot, he finished the game with 30 disposals, 12 marks and 6 tackles. Not a bad size at 185cm and 73kg and a fairly good athlete aswell so might be a bolter to watch out for. The other was undersized ruckman Jaiden Hunter who reminded me a lot of last years Harrison Jones, Jones the year before his draft year was used as a ruckman due to limited options but he was always going to be a key position player and i get the same sense for Hunter who is 194cm and 75kg but dominated due to his leap timing and skill and composure at ground level. I’d really like to see him play key position because that the role he would play at the next level, he finished the game with 20 disposals, 7 marks and 44 hit outs and most of those 20 dispsoals hit their mark i was impressed with his disposal for his size.

Nathan O’Driscoll didn’t have a dominant game but he was able to show plenty of his traits regardless and although testing at 187cm at the start of the year he looks close to 189 or 190cm now and could still be growing even more. Not sure if it’s because of the growth spurt but he didn’t look as strong over the ball as usual and certainly looks more lanky than stocky but in open play he still hit players hard for tackles. He had one great bit of play where he sold candy to about 2 players and made it look easy really showing his obvious class and athleticism. His kicking in the windy conditions was actually very good especially compared to everyone on the ground, it was an issue i had with him but looks like he has worked on it. Firming as a genuine top 10 player especially with the growth spurt and he finished with 20 disposals.

For East Fremantle a kid that impressed me last week and again this week so bottom ager Joshua Browne, a very class and clean player at half back who makes good decisions by hand and foot, reminds me a bit of Trent Rivers and again looks another that could get go through the midfield next year in his draft year, still had 21 disposals. Jack Carroll had another solid game, still a hard player to place as he has some eye catching movements at times especially when using his leap he looks a threat when going forward and to be honest he just doesnt seem as damaging as an inside midfielder which is the role he is playing but he certainly still wins clearances and has a decent enough craft, he had 20 disposals and 5 tackles.

Brandon Walker is really starting to show why he was so highly rated, I had him top 20 at the start of the year but has moved back slightly but he is certainly making a case to return to my top 20. Not many players have his mix of athletic traits and skills, one of the goals he kicked was an absolute beauty and i expect the footage of it to show up eventually. Finished with 19 disposals and 2 goals and is looking like a weapon and tracking like an Adam Saad.

Second game was Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast academies going head to head, ill only go into short detail here especially on the lions players who had a dirty day especially for the forwards, Blake Coleman kicked a ripper goal but his highlights where few and far between. Carter Michael played at half back and looked pretty decent, showed some good dash aswell so might be an spot he can make his own, did play some midfield time late in the game aswell. Saxon Crozier was only ok, he doesnt excite me as much as Coleman and Michael as a wingman who doesnt really have the speed to really catch the eye but on the other hand Tahj Abberley was on the other wing and looked great and was best on ground for the Lions i felt. Very classy and composed with his skill by hand and foot really shining, would have liked for him to to kick the ball inside 50 more though.

Suns had a lot more decent contributors, Aiden Fyfe was very classy on the win and might have gotten the most dispsoals for the day, not the quickest but still stood out with his disposal and creative ball use. Jack Johnston was solid at CHB and pretty composed, Rhys Nicholls didn’t get it a lot but looked classy and elusive whenever he was near the ball. Max Pescud and Nathan Colenso where the most dangerous forwards, Colenso more readymade with his size but does lack some athleticism, Pescud was impressive with his speed and willingness to get involved and take the game on as he kicked a couple and was unselfish passing a few off aswell he could have kicked 5.

Josh Fahey was the big talking point from the game he was superb down back cutting of so many entries and rebounding with class and precision with his left foot. Not too dissimilar to Hayden Young he certainly looks a top 20 prospect for next year and a funny quirk allows him to be in the open draft next year.
Brandon Walker sounds like someone North Melbourne should be targeting.

When I do my proper rankings for 2021 it will be a top 30. I’ve already got a better grasp on the interstate talent due to the better access of footage and funny enough it will be the Victorian kids that get underrated as some I haven’t seen since last year so I’m going way back on what I saw of them. Vic Metro dominated the championships last year and plenty of good kids didn’t even make the squad with one of those players definitely in my top 30 aswell.

I also have a small list of players for this year that aren’t academy hub players that ive liked, it’s rare that those players go top 20 let alone top 25 for my rankings but I still want to put these names out there to perhaps watch for next year aswell.

Victoria
Max Heath - Sandringham
Fraser Rosman - Sandringham
Charlie McKay - Sandringham
Darby Hipwell - Sandringham
Will Hart - Oakleigh
Dylan Thomas - Oakleigh
Heath Ramshaw - Northern
Liam Kolar - Northern
Jackson Bowne - Northern
Mackenzie Hogg - Northern
Joel Trudgeon - Northern

Allies
Max Pescud - Gold Coast
Maurice Rioli jr - Oakleigh

South Australia
Luke Pedlar - Glenelg
Hagan Wright - Glenelg
Xavier Robins - Glenelg
Finn Heard - Norwood
Brayden Cook - South Adelaide
Phoenix Spicer - South Adelaide
Liam Hamilton - South Adelaide
Malachy Carruthers - Sturt

Western Australia
Zac Meloncelli- Perth
Jaiden Hunter - Perth
Logan Guelfi - Claremont
Logan Young - Claremont
Lachlan Vanirsen - Subiaco
Edward Curley - East Fremantle

Any Saints academy?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Angus McLennan, Scott Beilby, Jack Peris and Marcus Windhager. The first two look very likely to be drafted with both playing Vic Metro last year
Is Nova's kid definitely going down the football route?

Highly talented athlete as well, and a decent pedigree with Olympian Daniel Batman his father and Olympian Nova his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back