Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“talk around town is Logan [McDonald] could potentially go pick 1, and they’ve [Adelaide] been talking to my parents about trying to keep us together”

That is a very interesting statement by O’Driscoll.
Good to hear some honesty but godis he gonna cop intense media training

does he actually say adelaide said they will try to keep us together or was it edited in a particular way? eg north could just as easily keep them together
Well that's how every other person that has watched it has interpreted what he said....

Well that's how every other person that has watched it has interpreted what he said....
so did I
then I watched it again.... hes not necessarily referring to adelaide

anyway all AFC would have said is "if we pick logan, and youre still available at 8 we would like to keep you together", im choosing not to read too much into it because i think this is the wrong way to go but anyway thats typical of hamish

All recruiters see talent different. Hell he took Mchenry at 18... most others wouldn’t.
He also took Doedee at #17 when a lot didn't have him inside the first 3 rounds, he also plucked a little bloke called Charlie Cameron #7 in the rookie draft.
He goes alright.

There might be something wrong with the tape measure that was used at the WA testing as a number of the WA kids have apparently shrunk. Do you have updated measurements for James Borlase? It would be nice if he has grown a couple of cm to be genuine KPD height.

There might be something wrong with the tape measure that was used at the WA testing as a number of the WA kids have apparently shrunk. Do you have updated measurements for James Borlase? It would be nice if he has grown a couple of cm to be genuine KPD height.
WA heights look almost identical to their pre-season tests. Borlase is 192cm and 93kg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. That is so close to a good height!

You previously had DGB, Chapman, Carroll and Trew taller than you do in your most recently updated rankings.
Some are by about a CM so it’s not a massive difference. It’s not uncommon for something like this to happen. A few grew taller aswell

Thanks. That is so close to a good height!

You previously had DGB, Chapman, Carroll and Trew taller than you do in your most recently updated rankings.
already have fish and worrell for height
we need clean hands and speed. borlase has the first i think but not the second.

Thought I’d re-share my player focus for one of Nathan O’Driscoll’s league games this year considering the current conversations revolving his draft range. He is very unlikely to find his way outside my top 15 regardless.

Thought I’d re-share my player focus for one of Nathan O’Driscoll’s league games this year considering the current conversations revolving his draft range. He is very unlikely to find his way outside my top 15 regardless.

Seems to be quite a few connor Blakely comparisons doing the rounds. Some have concerns over his kicking and disposal. Haven’t seen much of him to properly comment but the evidence of recent years is that Elite kicking and disposal is more important than ever before when drafting no? Cited as the resin Deven Robertson slid to the second round last year maybe?

Seems to be quite a few connor Blakely comparisons doing the rounds. Some have concerns over his kicking and disposal. Haven’t seen much of him to properly comment but the evidence of recent years is that Elite kicking and disposal is more important than ever before when drafting no? Cited as the resin Deven Robertson slid to the second round last year maybe?
Elite kicking is overrated for an inside mid, not many of the best inside mids in the comp are elite kicks. The better kicks are used on the outside, half back and half forward. Robertson was atleast elite by hand and he had other elite qualities that made up for the kicking and I still think Brisbane got a bargain.

Robertson's kicking was substantially worse than O'Driscoll's to my eye. Robertson almost a liability by foot, O'Driscoll just lacking finesse.
I actually like the penetration and distance O'Driscoll can get on a kick when he space, I think maybe lack of composure under pressure would be the best way to describe it, but like others have said being able to pinpoint targets as an inside mid is a luxury if anything, not a requirement. As long as they can keep their hands free and hit outside runners with a handball they're going to be alright

Elite kicking is overrated for an inside mid, not many of the best inside mids in the comp are elite kicks. The better kicks are used on the outside, half back and half forward. Robertson was atleast elite by hand and he had other elite qualities that made up for the kicking and I still think Brisbane got a bargain.
I find this a very odd comment. Inside mids have to be either elite short kicks (pendelbury, cunners, neale) or able break away from congestion (danger, cripps, dusty). If the only effective thing they can do wirh the ball is handball they become too predictable and there isnt much point them winning the ball in the first place.

I find this a very odd comment. Inside mids have to be either elite short kicks (pendelbury, cunners, neale) or able break away from congestion (danger, cripps, dusty). If the only effective thing they can do wirh the ball is handball they become too predictable and there isnt much point them winning the ball in the first place.
That’s not what I’m trying to say, you can be an effective kick yet not elite kick and still be an elite mid.

Danger, Fyfe, Sloane, cripps even players like T adams. Not great kicks, you can get away with it if you’re a great contested/ clearance player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back