Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey eDPS, some more questions.

Why do you rate Baldwin ahead of McDonald?

Why is Finlay Macrae further down your ratings compared to others?

Finally, has Tanner Bruhn grown at all.

You haven’t yet updated your player rankings with their updated heights and weights.

Hey eDPS, some more questions.

Why do you rate Baldwin ahead of McDonald?

Why is Finlay Macrae further down your ratings compared to others?

Finally, has Tanner Bruhn grown at all.

You haven’t yet updated your player rankings with their updated heights and weights.
Baldwin I feel has more impact about his game and is the stronger contested mark at this stage

Macrae is a hard one, I had him in the early teens but he really didn’t impress me much in the practise match I saw early on, you can’t hold too much weight on them but more often than not the guns still stand out in them from my previous few years watching practise matches. Needs to show more on the inside for me to have him top 10 calib

Bruhn wasn’t tested for height at the pre-season combine so him along with a few others like Hollands don’t have updated measurements.

Im holding back on changing my rankings until after I’ve gone through some past replays and that will take some time.

Eastern Ranges 2020

Connor Downie (AH)
185cm 83kg
Wingman
DR: 20-40

Strengths
Kicking
Clean hands
Versatility
Run and carry
Composure

Queries
Contested game
Tackling

- A nice size and his kicking is a real feature, could really blossom into a balanced AFL player if he can also improve his contested side

Wil Parker (AH)
180cm 76kg
Rebound Defender
DR: 25-45

Strengths
Reading the play
One on one
Clean hands
Composure
Agility
Upside

Queries
Kicking
Consistency

- Kicking is the major thing to improve as a rebound player but would like to see how he plays as a midfielder showing off some of his other attributes. Could still choose cricket

Joshua Clarke (AH)
181cm 65kg
Rebound Defender
DR: 30-60

Strengths
Run and carry
Speed
Clean hands
Skills
Upside

Queries
Contested game
Consistency
Endurance

Jack Diedrich (AH)
199cm 88kg
Ruck
Late

Strengths
Skills
Clean hands
Vision

Queries
Production
Speed
Leap

- Hasn’t been exposed to much games but he has shown some small signs, seems a bit undersized for a ruck especially when his leap doesn’t look that decent.

Eastern Ranges 2020

Connor Downie (AH)
185cm 83kg
Wingman
DR: 20-40

Strengths
Kicking
Clean hands
Versatility
Run and carry
Composure

Queries
Contested game
Tackling

- A nice size and his kicking is a real feature, could really blossom into a balanced AFL player if he can also improve his contested side

Wil Parker (AH)
180cm 76kg
Rebound Defender
DR: 25-45

Strengths
Reading the play
One on one
Clean hands
Composure
Agility
Upside

Queries
Kicking
Consistency

- Kicking is the major thing to improve as a rebound player but would like to see how he plays as a midfielder showing off some of his other attributes. Could still choose cricket

Joshua Clarke (AH)
181cm 65kg
Rebound Defender

Strengths
Run and carry
Speed
Clean hands
Skills
Upside

Queries
Contested game
Consistency
Endurance

Jack Diedrich (AH)
199cm 88kg
Ruck
Late

Strengths
Skills
Clean hands
Vision

Queries
Production
Speed
Leap

- Hasn’t been exposed to much games but he has shown some small signs, seems a bit undersized for a ruck especially when his leap doesn’t look that decent.
Is Downie still tied to Hawthorn?

Baldwin I feel has more impact about his game and is the stronger contested mark at this stage

Macrae is a hard one, I had him in the early teens but he really didn’t impress me much in the practise match I saw early on, you can’t hold too much weight on them but more often than not the guns still stand out in them from my previous few years watching practise matches. Needs to show more on the inside for me to have him top 10 calib

Bruhn wasn’t tested for height at the pre-season combine so him along with a few others like Hollands don’t have updated measurements.

Im holding back on changing my rankings until after I’ve gone through some past replays and that will take some time.
Did Bruhn play in any preseason games?

A knee injury iirc was still due to be right for champs. Speaking of Geelong Falcons watching replays has certainly made me think again with Oliver Henry, he is one I’ll make room for in my top 20 in the next rankings update.
So he was going to miss the first half of the season?
I highly rate henry, has so much upside.

What position does Henry play? I’ve seen him listed as a tall defender and a medium forward?
He has mostly played forward over defence but is capable at both ends, plays tall but is only 187cm but has that leap that helps him. As a defender he is like Sicily and as a forward a bit like a more contested marking Will Hayward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has mostly played forward over defence but is capable at both ends, plays tall but is only 187cm but has that leap that helps him. As a defender he is like Sicily and as a forward a bit like a more contested marking Will Hayward.

I believe I saw him in the futures from memory and I reckon he played forward, but had seen him described as a tall defender in some places for some reason and that threw me.

I believe I saw him in the futures from memory and I reckon he played forward, but had seen him described as a tall defender in some places for some reason and that threw me.
From memory, Ugle-Hagan played a lot of defence in the futures game - the coaches were experimenting a bit with that game, which would have thrown off a lot of people's impressions of players

Joshua Clarke (AH)
181cm 65kg
Rebound Defender

Definitely not the best from the Ranges but he's my favourite from them this year, thought he was one that would benefit from a move onto the wing or into the guts with his speed and skill. Had a really good Grand Final imo as well, so could've had momentum and confidence coming in.
Are you going to be including Tasmania/ Academies in these team previews?

Definitely not the best from the Ranges but he's my favourite from them this year, thought he was one that would benefit from a move onto the wing or into the guts with his speed and skill. Had a really good Grand Final imo as well, so could've had momentum and confidence coming in.
Are you going to be including Tasmania/ Academies in these team previews?
Clarke has spent a lot of time on the wing, don’t think he is suited on the inside personally.

I will try to include them aswel

Geelong 2020

Tanner Bruhn (AH)
182cm 75kg
Midfielder
DR: 3-15

Strengths
Football smarts
Balance (Inside/Outside game)
Clean hands
Stoppage craft
One on one
Skills

Queries
Production
Injury History

- Bruhn’s weaknesses softly draw from his injury history, maybe his height could be another minor drawback but as a midfielder he doesn’t do a lot wrong, balanced, smart and skilful

Oliver Henry (AH)
187cm 77kg
Medium Forward
DR: 5-25

Strengths
Overhead marking
Confidence
Vertical Leap
Athleticism
Versatility
Forward Craft
Composure
Upside

Queries
Consistency
Production
Tackling pressure

- Which end Henry plays will be the real question, see him as a James Sicily type down back and as a forward he has plenty of tricks and can win a game of his own boot.

Charlie Lazzaro (AH)
179cm 74kg
Midfielder
DR: 25-50

Strengths
Agility
Clean hands
Contested work
Skills
Composure
Tackling

Queries
Size
Scoreboard impact

- Some nit picks I have could have been addressed with a full season, would need to bring up his clearance and overall disposal numbers to be rated as a potential top 20 calibre player

Cameron Fleeton (AH)
191cm 80kg
Medium Defender
DR: 25-55

Strengths
Contested game
Clean hands
Skills
Composure
Marking
Upside
Leadership

Queries
Speed?
Best position?

- He could be anything, has some midfield traits aswell so could become a tall inside midfielder which could really push him up if given a chance, fantastic contested ability at ground level considering the lack of meat on the bones

Noah Gadsby (AH)
180cm 78kg
Wingman

Strengths
Endurance
Speed
Power
Run and carry
Balance
Tackling

Queries
Agility
Production
Height

- Has shown signs as a wingman and rebound defender but was due to play as a small forward his year and with his attributes it might have given him another edge if h could hit th scoreboard regularly

Noah Gribble (AH)
180cm 77kg
Midfielder
DR: 45-Late

Strengths
Clean hands
Skills
Reading the play
Balance
Athleticism

Queries
Hurt factor
Production
Size

- He uses speed to get to where he needs to be but would like him to tuck the ball under his arm more and become a more damaging player overall, he has the tools just needs to use them

Henry Walsh (AH)
202cm 86kg
Ruckman
DR: 45-Late

Strengths
Tackling
Follow up work
Tap work
Upside
Size
Clean hands

Queries
Speed
Production
Marking
Scoreboard impact

- Walsh has plenty of scope but he is currently just a good tap ruckman who can tackle and will need to improve his marking ability to become more of a presence

Last edited:
Was waiting for somebody to notice haha cheers mate
Awwww, I’m sure many of us noticed.

It is pretty cool.

It is probably pretty hard because a few kids haven’t been seen since U16’s, but do you think it’s possible to seperate the kids in to tiers at all?

Or do you want to wait until you have finished all the club previews.

Knightmare views I don’t respect,
That’s pretty harsh.

I believe there’s value in reading all the draft watchers opinions. Obviously we will have our own individual ratings of the draft watchers.

Since I’ve been on BigFooty the two knocks on Knightmare’s ratings is that he often over rates academy prospects.

And secondly, he sticks to his ratings throughout the year, only for them to more align with the consensus view in the last month, after all junior footy has finished being played.

On the second point, he’s actually not the only draft watcher who does this. He’s just the most obvious draft watcher you can notice doing this.

That’s pretty harsh.

I believe there’s value in reading all the draft watchers opinions. Obviously we will have our own individual ratings of the draft watchers.

Since I’ve been on BigFooty the two knocks on Knightmare’s ratings is that he often over rates academy prospects.

And secondly, he sticks to his ratings throughout the year, only for them to more align with the consensus view in the last month, after all junior footy has finished being played.

On the second point, he’s actually not the only draft watcher who does this. He’s just the most obvious draft watcher you can notice doing this.
That's his opinion , why his opinion need to be fake to please everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back