Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the rolling draft who you have rated as the best players or who you think the clubs will take? It’s hard to see the Crows pass on Thiltorpe.
A bit of both, crows don’t always take the player you expect them to pick. Not many had them penciled for McAsey and Chayce Jones from this early out in their draft years.

A bit of both, crows don’t always take the player you expect them to pick. Not many had them penciled for McAsey and Chayce Jones from this early out in their draft years.
I personally agree with you for Adelaide. Fogarty looks decent to me, and would look better without a garbage midfield (sorry Crows fans, its garbage for a lot of reasons) and some decent delivery. They need elite midfield talent so so badly and Thilthorpe doesnt seem the guaranteed slam dunk most teams want with pick 1 and it seems they could likely have some decent talls at the GWS pick or even later

I personally agree with you for Adelaide. Fogarty looks decent to me, and would look better without a garbage midfield (sorry Crows fans, its garbage for a lot of reasons) and some decent delivery. They need elite midfield talent so so badly and Thilthorpe doesnt seem the guaranteed slam dunk most teams want with pick 1 and it seems they could likely have some decent talls at the GWS pick or even later
Hollands isn’t really a guarantee either coming of an ACL, Will Phillips will be a very good midfielder but still unsure you take him with pick 1. If he starts to have a purple patch I wouldn’t sleep on O’Driscoll as a potential bolter aswell especially as he is still growing.

Is the rolling draft who you have rated as the best players or who you think the clubs will take? It’s hard to see the Crows pass on Thiltorpe.
You might want to visit the Adelaide board it’s about 70:30 for Hollands over Thilthorpe.

A lot of them just want to load up on mids.

Hollands isn’t really a guarantee either coming of an ACL, Will Phillips will be a very good midfielder but still unsure you take him with pick 1. If he starts to have a purple patch I wouldn’t sleep on O’Driscoll as a potential bolter aswell especially as he is still growing.
Yup, I mentioned him on the Adelaide board as a sneaky chance to bolt up in to pick 1 contention.

I’d reckon we would bid on Brandon Walker with our second pick.

Other that, still happy with Brisbane’s selections.

This is why I can see Freo bundling their first and second to move up the draft order with some change coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A bit of a draft shake up for Fremantle, especially with the WA boys getting taken. Mind you, wouldn't mind watching Archie or Cox develop.

How "ready to go" would you see them?

Do you think freo could package the Melbourne second rounder up with our first to try move back up the order and grab one of the WA top 10 picks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will finish 2nd last so it will be interesting who we go with. We have so many holes to start filling. I have the Dees finishing between 9-12.

1 mid and 1 KPP.
If we go Hollands or Phillips with our 1st then DGB is a big chance with our 2nd pick.
If we go McDonald or Thilthorpe with our 1st then best available mid with our 2nd.

A bit of a draft shake up for Fremantle, especially with the WA boys getting taken. Mind you, wouldn't mind watching Archie or Cox develop.

How "ready to go" would you see them?
Perkins would be the most readymade body wise, Cox has the endurance to run out a game but he is still fairly light on. If Perkins plays early it would be as a forward.

Do you think freo could package the Melbourne second rounder up with our first to try move back up the order and grab one of the WA top 10 picks?
I think that top end is too close together to try something like that, you might miss a WA kids but that’s not the end of the world when there are other states prospects who could be just as good as them.

I think we will finish 2nd last so it will be interesting who we go with. We have so many holes to start filling. I have the Dees finishing between 9-12.

1 mid and 1 KPP.
If we go Hollands or Phillips with our 1st then DGB is a big chance with our 2nd pick.
If we go McDonald or Thilthorpe with our 1st then best available mid with our 2nd.
Yeah it looks like your well placed to try and address those needs, I’m sure a lot of research will go even moreso on the clubs in between those picks and sniffing out who they like the most.

Perkins would be the most readymade body wise, Cox has the endurance to run out a game but he is still fairly light on. If Perkins plays early it would be as a forward.

I think that top end is too close together to try something like that, you might miss a WA kids but that’s not the end of the world when there are other states prospects who could be just as good as them.

Yeah it looks like your well placed to try and address those needs, I’m sure a lot of research will go even moreso on the clubs in between those picks and sniffing out who they like the most.
I also get a feeling Rawling's won't just use picks 2/3 or 7/10. I hope he doesn't get too cute as we really need to get these 2 picks right.

Yep and it made my selection for your guys bloody difficult haha Saw a freo poster talk Perkins up and thought ‘why not’ haha
My influence is growing!

I would rather a DGB/McDonald/Hollands but considering where our pick is now I think we’ll be lucky to land them, and I’m a really big fan of Perkins, maybe my favourite player behind Callow (Tasmanian bias)

That was last year with the cap as it is now but will be reduced in 2021

Crouch will be 27 in january and has only managed to play 90 games in 8 years with injuries
I cant see how any club could hive him a 5 year deal based on his history and even 4 years would be extremely daring from any club then to have $700k approx on your books with a reduced cap and list sizes this could be a huge risk for clubs.

I honestly cannot see any team expecting to get 80+ games from Brad Crouch
Historically 70% availability in seasons excluding the one he did the foot and broke his leg. Unlikely to play much past 30.

0.7 x 22 x 4 = 61 plus a few after 30 before packing it in.

Your estimate is directionally correct.

Tim Kelly drafted 5 years later and is 40 games behind him. Putting money on Kelly to play more career games is a decent bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back