Edwards and Pickett ink new deals 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Shane Edwards and Marlion Pickett have signed new deals to remain at Richmond.

Edwards, 30, has signed on for two years, while Pickett, 27, has re-committed for season 2020.

Edwards, a 255-game, dual premiership player for the Tigers had another stellar season in 2019, capping it off with a career-best second placing in this year’s Jack Dyer Medal.

The talented utility successfully captained the Richmond side for multiple games this season when its leaders were struck with injury.

He averaged 21.9 disposals, 3.6 clearances, 3.3 marks 3.1 tackles, 4.8 score involvements and 320.5 metres gained per match in his 24 games this season.

At Tigerland, he was ranked No. 3 for contested possessions, No. 3 for clearances, No. 3 for centre clearances, equal No. 3 for tackles, No. 4 for disposals, No. 4 for intercepts and No. 4 for metres gained.

2_GFRiGW19MMP609318823.JPG

New cult hero, Pickett arrived at Richmond through the AFL’s new Mid-Season Draft, after playing for South Fremantle in the WAFL.

After overcoming a broken finger, the midfielder starred in the VFL and claimed the Norm Goss Medal for a best-on-ground performance in the VFL Tigers’ premiership win over Williamstown.

Earning a senior selection call-up in what was to become the story of the 2019 AFL Grand Final, Pickett shone on the game’s biggest stage, claiming a premiership and earning Norm Smith Medal votes in his first AFL game.

1_GFRiGW19DC1155.JPG

“We’re so proud of both Shane and Marlion, they’ve both had unique seasons in their own right,” Richmond List Manager, Blair Hartley said.

“Shane has been with us on a long journey, and he continues to step up in both a performance and leadership capacity when we need him.

“Marlion’s hard work and dedication has led him to Richmond, and we’re so proud of him for grabbing his opportunity with both hands.

“Both Shane and Marlion have made a great impact to our Club, and we look forward to that continuing next season.”

19Contracts0310_620.jpg

Sheds 2 years - mint
Marlion 1 year - mint

Rest of comp

1 year is perfect for Marlion. Protects us while we get to see how he handles a full off season and also a full season and if he is Ok and producing fine footy re sign him in july for a further 2. If he cant handle it, well, dud delist :p

1 year is perfect for Marlion. Protects us while we get to see how he handles a full off season and also a full season and if he is Ok and producing fine footy re sign him in july for a further 2. If he cant handle it, well, dud delist :p
Dud delist, but life member and premiership player

I wonder what sort of coin Marlion is on. I hope it's a bit, despite the salary cap implications. Given where he's coming from, his age and having four kids, he really needs to cash in on his playing career.
I read his base rate is $80,000 for next season with $4,000 a game. So I can see why extended for one only, if he has a decent season he will be rewarded after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you for even inferring that MP would not handle a pre-season followed by fine footy! wow after starring in the Grand Final with the Marlion spin!!!

Michaels And Sterge how come posters have cups with there names but I don't? I want some please. Or is it exclusive for short incredibly overweight and balding posters only?

They have added it to their user profile themselves, as the ones we would all typically get no longer exist or are available on the new version being run.

JAKLAUGHING might be able to step you through it. I have NFI lol

Michaels And Sterge how come posters have cups with there names but I don't? I want some please. Or is it exclusive for short incredibly overweight and balding posters only?

chief is too lazy to implement the cup thing with the new forum so you gotta click your name in the top right, click accounts details then copy this 🏆 into the "custom title" area then click save

They have added it to their user profile themselves, as the ones we would all typically get no longer exist or are available on the new version being run.

JAKLAUGHING might be able to step you through it. I have NFI lol
Feck orff...took me over an hour to work out how to add the Premiership Cups and I'm not going to do the same thing again trying to explain it to Tiger71 after he bagged Marlion Pickett!!! ;) :D:thumbsu:

Feck orff...took me over an hour to work out how to add the Premiership Cups and I'm not going to do the same thing again trying to explain it to Tiger71 after he bagged Marlion Pickett!!! ;) :D:thumbsu:

well I figured since you sunk the most time into working it out you would be the most across it :p ;)

I read his base rate is $80,000 for next season with $4,000 a game. So I can see why extended for one only, if he has a decent season he will be rewarded after that.
No he'll be on more than 80k.

80k is the base rate and that falls outside the salary cap for the mid-season rookies. But you can add extra to their salary when you re-sign them, but it has to go into your salary cap.

I'm almost certain we would have topped him up, probably getting 150k or something like that at a guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back