Toast EF: Collingwood by a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What were the omens though?
I live in Perth and my girlfriend is an Eagles fan. I know, I know, but it’s hard for me to meet a pure blood over here. And she’s super cute and a lovely person so cut me some slack and don’t hold it against me.

Anyway, she and her brother are Eagles members and had prime seats behind the goals. He had to work and could go to the game so my GF asked if I’d go with her. For 24hrs I was going to the game before my invite was cruelly snatched away from me. Turns out my GF’s brother got the night off and my prized ticket was revoked.

Now for omen number 1.
If the Pies were to have lost the game tonight, it would be too easy for me to say I was lucky I didn't have to sit through it live. But that’s not how my Collingwood curse works. No doubt I would have ended up missing a famous Pies victory that I should've witnessed live!! That is my curse.

Omen number 2.
The last game I watched live at Optus Stadium was last season and the Pies beat Eagles by a point. That night my GF had invited me when her brother couldn’t go. It was a frosty ride home in the car I tell you and there was no action for me that night.

Omen number 3.
My Collingwood mate, also in Perth, tried to order 2 tickets on line for him and his boss. Two tickets came up but the seats were crap. So rather than hit ‘accept’, he hit ‘try again’. They must have been the last tickets because a second later it was sold out. He also rued his luck and feared missing a victory.

Omen number 4.
The last time my mate couldn’t get tickets was last year when the Pies won by a point against the Eagles.
So at midday yesterday, the stars aligned, a quiet calm fell over me and I was certain the Pies would deliver an EPIC victory tonight. I even sent Joffa a message in Fiji a few hours before the game to let him know that we’ve already won this game tonight.

It’s a beautiful thing.

GO PIES.

The Sherriff

How good are finals?
Jun 4, 2009
Wellingham
AFL Club
Collingwood
JT has been oft maligned on this board but he didn't disgrace himself tonight. Some small but very important touches and assists. And should have been paid the mark.

Pig was electric.

JDG was quiet except when he wasn't and did what he always does.

Stevo also gaining confidence.

Coxy getting the waggle.

Look even if we get rolled by Geelong next week I'm still impressed by the recovery we've shown. 2020 may not be our year for the big prize but it's been instructive for what we know about ourselves as a team.

Daicos and Daicos-in-waiting will set the competition on fire next year.

Pedro

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Are people really upset with L.Ryan!?

A ******* great player, kicks big goals, takes amazing marks. And he knows he is good.

Reminds me of Didak at his best, the arrogant forward.

Would love to have L.Ryan in the B&W, and the sport needs more players like him.
Showing Maynard the ball was poor. Agree with everything else you said but that sort of sh*t invites bad karma;)

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure what I am enjoying more.
Our win or the knowledge that I won't have to listen to their pathetic supporters booing everything during a game.

It drives me insane. They are a football state. They are supposed to know the rules and have an understanding of the game. The constant booing really does get tiresome.

Other than that.

Was a fantastic game of football. Really enjoyable to watch.
Now that was Aussie Rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obese Arachnid

Chombo Molombo Aficionado
Jan 11, 2008
Dirty Boulevard
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There are no other teams.
Not sure what I am enjoying more.
Our win or the knowledge that I won't have to listen to their pathetic supporters booing everything during a game.

It drives me insane. They are a football state. They are supposed to know the rules and have an understanding of the game. The constant booing really does get tiresome.

Other than that.

Was a fantastic game of football. Really enjoyable to watch.
Now that was Aussie Rules.
Boooooo!!!!!!

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some tough love for Grundy might be exactly what he needs. Has been an auto-pick as starting ruckman - and still is - but seeing Cameron preferred when game was on the line would have stung his ego and might just help him rediscover his best.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Or was it more Grundy has Struggled vs Nic Nat and Cameron was doing a Good Job

Tarkyn_24

Hall of Famer
Dec 23, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done boys! Ripper game.

A few missed opportunities, reckon we should have won by 3 goals.

Everyone played well. Cameron and Stevo good. JT with zero tackles the only concern.
I’m not too concerned about JT. He was lively and forced some poor decisions coming off half back. Given we lacked pace that perceived pressure was valuable

domus

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I left the house at three quarter time. I couldn't handle the tension anymore. I walked the streets for twenty minutes. As I walked down a laneway I heard hysterical screaming coming from a nearby house and then the family began singing Good Old Collingwood Forever and I simply broke down and wept.

The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, b*tch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Seeing the melts by scummy WC boobirds about the umpiring is a pisser. Good reading over on their board
Hilarious. Other than the Elliott HTB which didn’t get paid and should have, what on earth do they have to complain about?

How was that Adams free against when not only did he not have the ball, the Eagles player tackled his teammate. GTFO!

Remove this Banner Ad