Toast EF: Collingwood by a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Legit, how do you reckon you look right now when you are clutching for negatives after a win like that?

Who hurt you man?

Clutching? Lol, the only people who are clutching is anyone trying to defend Grundy

I’m far from alone in seeing Grundy was s**t tonight, but if you think it’s great our highest paid player for the next 7 years got dragged for the biggest contest of the season, well good luck to you!

Nah 1 point, let them b*tch for years about how they were robbed!!!

Nah I think I like my way better - let's drag up some repressed memories and cancel out a few thousand man-hours of sports psychologist therapy by taking them back to that same happy place in another GF.

As a bonus we get to enjoy the entire afternoon swilling our favourite beverages and grazing on our favourite nibblies as the procession unfolds.

Go the bloody Pies!

That was epic. Just epic.

Classic backs to the wall, Pies win.

Now we've got two teams we match up on brilliantly to get to the last dance.

Being it on!
08166bc6516704ff014c936c08292f69.gif

25ba30569f818838708872acfc0fb884.gif

Going through a range of emotions. One of shock, relaxation and elation all simultaneously. It was odd, but I felt relaxed throughout the game and had no anxiety about the final result. I was already happy the team surpassed expectations, but to see them hold on in the end was very satisfying. I'm also shocked we didn't lose our nerve and let West Coast run all over us.

I didn't give us a chance tonight. I thought there were too many obstacles in our way to overcome West Coast. We had to contend with a few factors:
  • Being stuck in quarantine.
  • Playing an opponent who was unbeaten at home for the entire season up until now.
  • Big question marks has to whether we could kick a winning score. Our highest score for the year is 81 points.
  • West Coast being bolstered by some major inclusions, excluding Yeo.
Great to see my man Checkers step up in a big finals match. Took the game by the scruff of the neck, particularly in the second half.

Cox transforming into god mode at the start was reminiscent of his performance two years ago in the Preliminary Final. It ironically made the difference in the final result.

It should be abundantly clear that centre clearances are a big concern for the team. We need to find a way to address it and have it rectified by next year. Grundy's had an unusually down year, but I think we have to excuse it considering the high standard he's produced for us over several years.

Geelong is very beatable. They have a poor record in finals under Chris Scott, and we'll have the confidence of knowing we can beat them. We did it earlier this year in the season, and beat them in a Qualifying Final last year.

Nice to survive the season for another week. It's been a unique challenge, but Bucks summed it up after the game. We've developed a lot of "resilience" as a club out of this whole experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was rather nice of an umpire to actually award a free kick against him for one of the blatant push-in-the-backs he only does like 27 times a game when he's setting up to take another "intercept mark'.

I know it must be really hard to figure out how his opponent in a marking contest ends up doubled over, flying through the air off balance 5m in front of the ball drop and/or crashing off balance into the back of an opponent who is also contesting the mark every other time, but at least they paid a free against him this one time.

What on earth was going on when he claimed that mark he clearly dropped? If he usually gets away with it im glad he didnt tonight.

Sorry to intrude.

Congrats on such a great win. Always good to see a VIC team prevail in a final - especially considering the circumstances on the preparation for it. Pure guts to win that one!

Best of luck next week - Pies vs Lions as a prelim would be fantastic.
Welcome aboard Dallas , Black and White would look good on you

What were the omens though?
I live in Perth and my girlfriend is an Eagles fan. I know, I know, but it’s hard for me to meet a pure blood over here. And she’s super cute and a lovely person so cut me some slack and don’t hold it against me.

Anyway, she and her brother are Eagles members and had prime seats behind the goals. He had to work and could go to the game so my GF asked if I’d go with her. For 24hrs I was going to the game before my invite was cruelly snatched away from me. Turns out my GF’s brother got the night off and my prized ticket was revoked.

Now for omen number 1.
If the Pies were to have lost the game tonight, it would be too easy for me to say I was lucky I didn't have to sit through it live. But that’s not how my Collingwood curse works. No doubt I would have ended up missing a famous Pies victory that I should've witnessed live!! That is my curse.

Omen number 2.
The last game I watched live at Optus Stadium was last season and the Pies beat Eagles by a point. That night my GF had invited me when her brother couldn’t go. It was a frosty ride home in the car I tell you and there was no action for me that night.

Omen number 3.
My Collingwood mate, also in Perth, tried to order 2 tickets on line for him and his boss. Two tickets came up but the seats were crap. So rather than hit ‘accept’, he hit ‘try again’. They must have been the last tickets because a second later it was sold out. He also rued his luck and feared missing a victory.

Omen number 4.
The last time my mate couldn’t get tickets was last year when the Pies won by a point against the Eagles.
So at midday yesterday, the stars aligned, a quiet calm fell over me and I was certain the Pies would deliver an EPIC victory tonight. I even sent Joffa a message in Fiji a few hours before the game to let him know that we’ve already won this game tonight.

It’s a beautiful thing.

GO PIES.

JT has been oft maligned on this board but he didn't disgrace himself tonight. Some small but very important touches and assists. And should have been paid the mark.

Pig was electric.

JDG was quiet except when he wasn't and did what he always does.

Stevo also gaining confidence.

Coxy getting the waggle.

Look even if we get rolled by Geelong next week I'm still impressed by the recovery we've shown. 2020 may not be our year for the big prize but it's been instructive for what we know about ourselves as a team.

Daicos and Daicos-in-waiting will set the competition on fire next year.

What on earth was going on when he claimed that mark he clearly dropped? If he usually gets away with it im glad he didnt tonight.
Sign dacios....just do it
Get rid of Phillips permanently ...please

Are people really upset with L.Ryan!?

A ******* great player, kicks big goals, takes amazing marks. And he knows he is good.

Reminds me of Didak at his best, the arrogant forward.

Would love to have L.Ryan in the B&W, and the sport needs more players like him.
Showing Maynard the ball was poor. Agree with everything else you said but that sort of s**t invites bad karma;)

Loved the win, dirty pies love it.
West coast and us, always great finals games, this one no exception.
Now for the cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back