Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Considering the AFL team's finished, and a lot of posters will be interested in these finals, we thought we'd do match day thread/s for the WAFL finals! The 2016 Peel thread will be locked for the day & unlocked afterwards so that the conversation doesn't get spread across 2 different threads.

Today's game's vs the WCE reserves, starting at 3.10pm.
If you can't attend the game it's live on Channel 7, or if you don't have a WA tv, can be streamed via https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/live/ . It'll also be broadcast on ABC 720 and SportFM 91.3

Thanks to StingBitten for the list of Freo players eligible to play the finals:
Midfielders
Tendia Mzungu
Nick Suban
Matt De Boer
Connor Blakely
Ed Langdon
Darcy Tucker
Ethan Hughes
Ryan Nyhuis

Defence
Alex Silvagni
Sam Collins
Anthony Morabito

Forwards
Michael Apeness
Shane Yarran

Rucks
Zac Clarke
Jack Hannath
Jon Griffin

Definitely Injured
Clancee Pearce
Tanner Smith
Brady Grey
Matthew Uebergang

The team playing in today's final is:

283463_9b3099d29795eb3cc299e3a94277a59f.png

Yarran to kick 6.
I want Peel to win the whole thing, will do all these players a world of confidence leading into next season.
Just being in the same team together, and especially the young guys knowing that there is a new dawn occurring, will be fantastic for them.

Is there any chance that Apeness, Clarke, Hannath and Griff could work in the same team.

It sounds slow doesn't it? I guess its a fine day but wouldn't mind if one missed for team balance.
Agree. Too tall and cumbersome, drop one or Hannah full time fwd, how is he overhead?

Keen for this game, cheers for the thread Allikat

Yarran to kick 6.
I want Peel to win the whole thing, will do all these players a world of confidence leading into next season.
I think this is a team that could win the whole thing too! Sure we didn't have a great AFL season, but the quality of kids that have been put into this game is way above WAFL level! It's kind of a shame Weller didn't qualify too.

Hannath kick 6 goal and get delisted after that by freo for not showing his true potential all this time when he is on the list.

Is there any chance that Apeness, Clarke, Hannath and Griff could work in the same team.

It sounds slow doesn't it? I guess its a fine day but wouldn't mind if one missed for team balance.

Yep, agree. In a way it's just as well Tanner and Tabs aren't there as well but even with those 4 together in the same team and all only capable of playing ruck or forward it makes Peel far too top heavy and usually results in a loss.

Hopefully the smalls can counterbalance this. Big games from Ugle, Deluca, Yarran and Langdon will be vital to prevent easy exit from the forward line.

It has been reported that Griff is an emergency, a little surprising as he was one of the few with finals experience but certainly agree that the team needed less talls. Gotta think perhaps after last week he is not as fit as the others.

Yep, agree. In a way it's just as well Tanner and Tabs aren't there as well but even with those 4 together in the same team and all only capable of playing ruck or forward it makes Peel far too top heavy and usually results in a loss.

Hopefully the smalls can counterbalance this. Big games from Ugle, Deluca, Yarran and Langdon will be vital to prevent easy exit from the forward line.

Life will get interesting if DeLuca has a finals series like he did for Subi a couple of years ago. Certainly playing for his AFL career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Life will get interesting if DeLuca has a finals series like he did for Subi a couple of years ago. Certainly playing for his AFL career.
It sounds as though he has been building all season. Reports on him seem a lot more positive than 5 months ago.

By the by, is the game on Ch7 or 7mate? Just so I can get my stream setup at work. :)

It sounds as though he has been building all season. Reports on him seem a lot more positive than 5 months ago.

By the by, is the game on Ch7 or 7mate? Just so I can get my stream setup at work. :)
Channel 7.

Hopefully Mora can rack up 40+ effective disposals, lay around 10 tackles and kick a few goals... and find himself on the Senior list next year.
If he is not delist will be a bonus for me. I like to see him going head to head with spp. Still hoping nyhuis got a stand out game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back