Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like O'Meara has had another knee flare-up and won't play again at any level for the rest of the year, judging from the reports there's no damage just soreness. Surely he leaves the Suns now, their doctors/physio's seem to be incapable of getting anyone (let alone him) fit again. Despite his talent I now definitely wouldn't give up more than Pick 19 in a trade for him (Gold Coast may well argue he's worth more, but you don't sell the farm for a bloke with that level of injury history if (and in this case their is) there's a chance of the player breaking down again). Book him a session with Doc Reid and get in his ear :p
Another Gumbelton. Why bother taking such a huge risk.

no will trade with bulldogs they are desperate for him and have quailty on they list

Bulldogs can get themselves some top 10 picks then. Hurley for their first round pick and somebody else's first round pick.

Number 1 watch Jack Package

Hugh McCluggage
2.2 (best on ground in a big win)
25d (17k, 8hb)
6 handball recieves
5 marks
8 tackles

Will Brodie
Did not play

Sam Petrovski - Seton
32d (24k, 8hb)
6 marks
3 tackles

FWIW
Marshall kicked 3 from 14 possessions and 4 marks (1 contested)

According to the above article we r heavily into lewis taylor,could he possibly be the player we r wanting in the PSD??.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugh McCluggage
25d (17k, 8hb)
6 handball recieves
5 marks
8 tackles

I like that he is willing to lay a bunch of tackles in addition to racking up possessions. Any idea what hi tackling numbers have been like throughout the season?

Hugh McCluggage
25d (17k, 8hb)
6 handball recieves
5 marks
8 tackles

Will Brodie
Did not play

Sam Petrovski - Seton
32d (24k, 8hb)
6 marks
3 tackles

FWIW

I've been on the McCluggage bandwagon for a while, but SPS would be good too. People underestimate how handy it is to be so dual-sided, especially when the game has become do pressure-oriented.

I mean really, if we take pick one to the draft then out of McCluggage, SPS or even Brodie we'll be getting someone we'll be happy with (even though I'd prefer the first two).

I maintain that Willem Drew is being heavily underrated, and would be stoked if we got him. I think he's got a lot of upside, a bit of speed for an inside mid and is good overhead. Seems like the sort of player that ends up at Sydney.

Last edited:

Hugh McCluggage
25d (17k, 8hb)
6 handball recieves
5 marks
8 tackles

Will Brodie
Did not play

Sam Petrovski - Seton
32d (24k, 8hb)
6 marks
3 tackles

FWIW

No standout my arse.

The other 2 may be as gifted as him but he's smashing them as far as runs on the board goes

According to the above article we r heavily into lewis taylor,could he possibly be the player we r wanting in the PSD??.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Note that it mentions Taylor and Green saying the latter is more of a chance..
I'm tipping we get Green via PSD..He's a decent goalsneak as he showed us last week... :(

Hugh McCluggage
25d (17k, 8hb)
6 handball recieves
5 marks
8 tackles

Will Brodie
Did not play

Sam Petrovski - Seton
32d (24k, 8hb)
6 marks
3 tackles

FWIW
That's a good kick to handball ratio for McCluggage, 8 tackles is also quite good considering he is a bit on the small side.

But surely we can't go past SPS, he kicked 0.3 so he will be a lock for our forwardline and midfield for at least a decade!

That's a good kick to handball ratio for McCluggage, 8 tackles is also quite good considering he is a bit on the small side.

But surely we can't go past SPS, he kicked 0.3 so he will be a lock for our forwardline and midfield for at least a decade!
One of the goals McCluggage kicked in the champs was all class. The more i think about it the more I think he is the clear number 1 pick.

Unless he comes absurdly cheap it sounds like his body is shot.

Though high risk high reward may tempt Dodoro.
Guys where is this Knee flare up story coming from, I can't see anything on the Suns or AFL website about it?

This isn't regarding him leaving the field during the NEAFL game last week is it as that was hamstring tightness not the knee, is there a story I have missed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back