Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling with the idea of letting SPS slip past us like Cyril did. His 2015 form as an underager and injury free is hard to overlook. If his 2016 was injury free, I think he'd be clear no.1.

Guys where is this Knee flare up story coming from, I can't see anything on the Suns or AFL website about it?

This isn't regarding him leaving the field during the NEAFL game last week is it as that was hamstring tightness not the knee, is there a story I have missed ?

What is his value now?

I'm struggling with the idea of letting SPS slip past us like Cyril did. His 2015 form as an underager and injury free is hard to overlook. If his 2016 was injury free, I think he'd be clear no.1.
He would be right up there with McCluggage no doubt, still finals for both guys to play out I'll be keeping a keen eye on their performances

Agree , no point going after anyone with a huge injury issue.
Don't think his long term future is that much of a risk personally. His injury, whilst it is taking a long time to get right now, once he does get it right, it should be fine. Not likely to be a Cooney, never be the same type injury.

If we can get him, so long as it is a fair price, I'd be all over it. Will be a star.

Don't think his long term future is that much of a risk personally. His injury, whilst it is taking a long time to get right now, once he does get it right, it should be fine. Not likely to be a Cooney, never be the same type injury.

If we can get him, so long as it is a fair price, I'd be all over it. Will be a star.

His injury was very bad. His career longevity is definitely in question.

I've been on the McCluggage bandwagon for a while, but SPS would be good too. People underestimate how handy it is to be so dual-sided, especially when the game has become do pressure-oriented.

I mean really, if we take pick one to the draft then out of McCluggage, SPS or even Brodie we'll be getting someone we'll be happy with (even though I'd prefer the first two).

I maintain that Willem Drew is being heavily underrated, and would be stoked if we got him. I think he's got a lot of upside, a bit of speed for an inside mid and is good overhead. Seems like the sort of player that ends up at Sydney.
Think there is a number of good potential inside midfielders available in the second > third rounds.

Wouldnt mind any one of Clarke, Gallucci, Drew, Scharenberg could slip, Pitman, Fisher with that (potential) pick 25 >27 or even our third rounder at 39.
No standout my arse.

The other 2 may be as gifted as him but he's smashing them as far as runs on the board goes
Im gonna see when the rebels play down this way soon and have a look at him myself.

Kid has put up some incredible numbers post AIS international trip.

Want to note both thinks pointed out that his kick to handball ration is brilliant (without working out, looks on ave. 3:1) and his tackle numbers are incredibly good for someone consodered 'light bodied'.

Think there is a number of good potential inside midfielders available in the second > third rounds.

Wouldnt mind any one of Clarke, Gallucci, Drew, Scharenberg could slip, Pitman, Fisher with that (potential) pick 25 >27 or even our third rounder at 39.

Im gonna see when the rebels play down this way soon and have a look at him myself.

Kid has put up some incredible numbers post AIS international trip.

Want to note both thinks pointed out that his kick to handball ration is brilliant (without working out, looks on ave. 3:1) and his tackle numbers are incredibly good for someone consodered 'light bodied'.

Yeah I'm with you on those points, looks a good draft for inside mids. Atley is another whom I think is a bit underrated, his kicking looks tidier.

Scharenberg reminds me a lot of Brad Ebert.

If he wanted to leave, your first would get it done. But pretty sure he loves the club and don't think he's going anywhere.

Yup.

I've noticed him struggling with a tag;
Essendon wanting to rejuvenate, get draft picks in;
Having to pay decent coin to a lot of players as they get sought at end of year;

I don't think anyone other then Hawthorn would give you 18 for him, and I know we almost drafted him (went with Dew).

But if he's open to it, or the Bombers want to go with youth, I think it'd be a win/win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind adding another midget to our line up. However i'd prefer Green if we could get him for free.

Lot more upside with Taylor. We have enough small forwards.

Why the push to list more manlets? I'd say that our taller mids are getting a bit thin with really only Myers and Heppell there for the long term with the prospect of Laverde making the switch.

He has virtually not played for two years and is having trouble again. He may get back but he is always going to be a player who will need a managed training load. It is not like it has been a one time injury. Not sure how many young blokes miss 2 years of footy due to injury and come back as stars. Would not be many. A few back as pretty good players like Menzel but not many stars.

What we do need is someone like Mitch Robinson and i will qualify this by saying not an exact clone but a reasonably hard at it player who is willing to
take on a run with role and make it work. We have Bird and to be fair we have not played many run with roles this year so it is hard to judge him on that. We have Hocking who in reality has only 2 or 3 seasons left. None of the younger guys have shown they are close to doing it or being able to do it.

What we do need is someone like Mitch Robinson and i will qualify this by saying not an exact clone but a reasonably hard at it player who is willing to
take on a run with role and make it work. We have Bird and to be fair we have not played many run with roles this year so it is hard to judge him on that. We have Hocking who in reality has only 2 or 3 seasons left. None of the younger guys have shown they are close to doing it or being able to do it.
Jake Barrett fits the description pretty nicely.

I agree with this for sure. Let Hocking do it for the next 2, hopefully 3yrs, but it is probably an area for us to keep an eye on.

Thoughts on trying Wallis in this role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back