Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
don patch sword ant555 Jack Package
What is stopping a guy like Jordan Gallucci, William Drew, Dylan Clarke, Joe Atley from going inside the first 15?

A lot of the draft guys have them anywhere between 19 - 40 but all seem terrific value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds
Gallucci - Consistency, inside game
Drew - Pace, outside game
Clarke - Pace, footskills
Atley - Just terribly underrated. No real weaknesses, perhaps a jack of all trades but master of none?

I reckon Brown has done enough to play in front of Laverde and Langford. He is at his prime 25yo. His versatility forward or back is very valuable.

Laverde has got potential as a midfield tagger (based on Enright game).
Not for mine, he doesn't kick straight enough when forward. I wouldn't mind him in stints forward if he were considered best 22 next year, but having Brown + Bellchambers + Daniher is too tall for mine would much rather Francis. And also Laverde and Langford would be involved in midfield rotations so I don't really understand how Brown would take one of their spots?

Is SPS an explosive player?
Like Dangerfield quick?

Most explosive players are Venables and Ainsworth, Ainsworth can burst a bit like Steven.
Problem with Ainsworth is he, much like Billings is a forward trying to learn the midfield craft.
SPS moves through traffic much like Rioli, doesn't really burst away like L Jetta.

Ainsworth is the one which interest me, if he learns to read the play as a midfielder he will be a serious player, bloody dangerous as a forward but misses quiet a few shots.

Most explosive players are Venables and Ainsworth, Ainsworth can burst a bit like Steven.
Problem with Ainsworth is he, much like Billings is a forward trying to learn the midfield craft.
SPS moves through traffic much like Rioli, doesn't really burst away like L Jetta.

Ainsworth is the one which interest me, if he learns to read the play as a midfielder he will be a serious player, bloody dangerous as a forward but misses quiet a few shots.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ainsworth played alot of junior footy as a mid it's just that he is such a good forward just look at Wingard for example. He had 34 touches last week you don't get those numbers if you don't have midfeild craft

IMO Joe Atley, Brennan Cox and Cedric Cox go terribly underrated in this draft right now.

I think all will go in the top 20/25 come draft night.
I'll be seeing Atley this Sunday along with McGrath, Taranto and Scrimshaw. Very eager to see how Atley goes at his own level where he would have to be the main midfielder.

Why are those guys a level below the big 3 (HM, WB, SPS)?

What im alluding to is this desperation to get Will Brodie when we could quite easily gain a similar player with 19 or 37 and pick the kid who has put out the best numbers thus far in 2016.
Exactly. Think people are forgetting that inside mids are all largely similar type players, if Hibberd were to leave and we got a high enough pick and packaged that with #37 we could go after a 1st rounder from GWS we could get someone like Clarke, Scharenberg, SPP, Graham, Fisher, Drew with that pick or Pick #19 easily. Could basically do a 3-way with GWS, something like:

ESS out/MEL in: Hibberd + Pick 55 + 2017 3rd rounder
MEL out/ESS in: Pick 26 + 2017 2nd rounder

ESS out/GWS in: Pick 26 + Pick 37 + 2017 2nd rounder (via MEL)
GWS out/ESS in: Pick 14 + Steele/Tomlinson/Barrett/Downie/Stewart

Then go to the draft with #1, #14, #19, #48 (via WCE for Howlett), #73, #91, #109 and take:
#1: McLuggage
#14: Battle
#19: Clarke/Scharenberg/Drew/SPP/Graham/Fisher
#48: Best available or needs based pick?
#73: Dea
#91: McDonald-Tipungwuti (upgrade)
#109: Hams (upgrade?)

PSD: Who knows who we're lining up this, obviously O'Meara or Prestia would be great.

Rookie Draft:
#1: Darcy Cameron?
#19: Brett Eddy?

Gallucci - Consistency, inside game
Drew - Pace, outside game
Clarke - Pace, footskills
Atley - Just terribly underrated. No real weaknesses, perhaps a jack of all trades but master of none?
Find it odd how underrated Atley is aswell. Shamrock has him rated high in his power rankings though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a player I forgot when talking of explosiveness is Sam Powell Pepper, kicking can be an issue for him but look at Danger and Martin their kicking is hardly elite they just get stacks of the footy and breakaway from stoppages and kick goals and that's what SPP can do.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ainsworth played alot of junior footy as a mid it's just that he is such a good forward just look at Wingard for example. He had 34 touches last week you don't get those numbers if you don't have midfeild craft

That is his best game this season, most of his other games have been average maybe 3 good ones this year, hasn't shown heaps before that as a mid, but has moments here and there.
Did play 1 VFL game and kicked 2 goals though.
I actually think he plays a little like R Gray early in his career and if he can learn to play midfield he will be Gray like, that's what makes me really like his potential, just may take a couple of years though and supporters are a little impatient.

That is his best game this season, most of his other games have been average maybe 3 good ones this year, hasn't shown heaps before that as a mid, but has moments here and there.
Did play 1 VFL game and kicked 2 goals though.
I actually think he plays a little like R Gray early in his career and if he can learn to play midfield he will be Gray like, that's what makes me really like his potential, just may take a couple of years though and supporters are a little impatient.
I need to see more of his midfield game which I should get to next Saturday, I liked his little stints in the champs.

Also a player I forgot when talking of explosiveness is Sam Powell Pepper, kicking can be an issue for him but look at Danger and Martin their kicking is hardly elite they just get stacks of the footy and breakaway from stoppages and kick goals and that's what SPP can do.
Spp Doesn't get stacks of it though. He'll be mainly a half forward IMO

You don't get talked about being the number 1 pick as a midfielder if you're a one dimensional player and Will Brodie is a lot more than your regular inside midfielder. His 2016 TAC Cup stats and reputation for clearances belie that he's very close to being the complete package. In addition to his hard work around the stoppages, he has good outside run and has shown to have a great sense for the game.

Prefer McCluggage if you want, but we're not going to get a similar player to Will Brodie in the draft. The difference between your average inside midfielder and Will Brodie is the difference between Craig Bird and Jobe Watson.

You don't get talked about being the number 1 pick as a midfielder if you're a one dimensional player and Will Brodie is a lot more than your regular inside midfielder. His 2016 TAC Cup stats and reputation for clearances belie that he's very close to being the complete package. In addition to his hard work around the stoppages, he has good outside run and has shown to have a great sense for the game.

Prefer McCluggage if you want, but we're not going to get a similar player to Will Brodie in the draft. The difference between your average inside midfielder and Will Brodie is the difference between Craig Bird and Jobe Watson.

Will Brodie sounds like the perfect replacement for Jobe.

McCluggage is more an outside mid isn't he?

Would be very pleased with a McCluggage and Atley combo from this draft.
I read "Antler Luggage" there.
Which by the way, make some fantastic suitcases.
*gathers cheque*

Hey yaco55

would happily give Hurley + pick 1 for Tom Lynch (GCS)

Impressive specimen and even better player

Not gonna happen

It would nearly be a straight swap for Hurley and Lynch.

Why are those guys a level below the big 3 (HM, WB, SPS)?

What im alluding to is this desperation to get Will Brodie when we could quite easily gain a similar player with 19 or 37 and pick the kid who has put out the best numbers thus far in 2016.

Interesting discussion - Reckon the key returning player for 2017, will be Myers as that big bodied inside mid. Of course this is dependant on him getting through a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back