Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And you would easily throw Pick 6 and them some to get Heppell

Talent wise pick 6 for Prestia is fair, only concern would be injury history. and at least you are getting a proven talent (however high you rate that talent)

Also Prestia is only 23, so if RIchmond can actually admit they need to rebuild a 23 year old very solid mid is a good starting point

Pick 6s from the 2006 draft onwards
Mitchell Thorp - Worse
David Myers - Worse
Chris Yarran - Worse
Gary Rohan - Worse
Reece Conca - Worse
Chad wingard - Better
Jackson Macrae - Same
Matthew Scharenberg - Worse
Caleb Marchbank - Worse

thats roughly a 50% chance you'll hit on someone better than Prestia, even less as this is supposed to be a weak draft.

And If you're Richmond do you really trust yourself to hit on a high draft pick??

Fixed it for you. Wingard is the only one you listed that is better than Prestia.

Myers equal to Prestia? That belongs in the delusional pearlers thread..

Fixed it for you. Wingard is the only one you listed that is better than Prestia.

Myers equal to Prestia? That belongs in the delusional pearlers thread..
you haven't watched much of a healthy Gary Rohan then have you?

And a healthy Myers would come close to Prestia, thats far from delusional

Apparently GC making a play for Fyfe. IMO they are delusional, going after the top end talent rather than building a fat and deep list like GWS's has backfired. They have completely botched their build and are miles off becoming a great team.

you haven't watched much of a healthy Gary Rohan then have you?

And a healthy Myers would come close to Prestia, thats far from delusional
In no way is Rohan better than Prestia. Dion is also better than David by a fair margin.

I Know players never really walk into PSD, however, has there ever been a side with the potential of Essendon next year with pick 1 in the PSD? Surely that has to change the flavour. The players who fans suggest should do that are normally in their prime. Going to the typical tragedy at the bottom of the ladder can't be an appealing prospect for the prime of your career. However, going to a side that should at the very least be on the fringe of the finals would be appealing. Especially if you felt like you could make a difference.

Having said that I don't want to do a dog act, unless it is towards Port or GC. We have to trade with these teams in future years.

With Hurley, Heppell, Hooker, Myres and Colyer all coming back we have a fairly mature side next year. I hope we keep pick 1 unless it can become two top ten picks. Lets keep the build of Merret, Fantasia, Walla, Laverde, Langford, Redman, Long, Parish and Francis going. Another 3 good players to that would be impressive.

A player I'd consider is Daw as 2nd ruck and forward. Surely a fairly late pick (our 4th) could get it done.

All good points, I just think that whoever their list manager is, is completely inept and has no idea how to rebuild properly. Their U23 talent is really quite poor (probably 2nd only to North).

I don't know that that's true. They made some shocking decisions but that came from the board saying that the fans couldn't wait for an 8 year rebuild so they chased recycled players as a quick fix. Some of their recent first round picks have underwhelmed but a lot of their young talent we hadn't seen much of until the last few weeks because they insisted on playing their recycled hacks instead. I'm not expecting much from them next year but with a few games into their younger brigade I reckon 2018 will be better that this year at least.

Same deal with North. Everyone says their youth is crap because they can't get games, but they're deliberately playing a more experienced side in so they can push for a flag. I'm not claiming they'll be any good, I just don't think anyone can honestly say how well North have drafted because no one has actually got a good enough look to make an accurate judgement.

He wants O'Meara to stay at Gold Coast and is doing all he can to make that happen.
Yeah I know but ultimately given he's OOC and hasn't played for two years through injury and is no guarantee to return from those injuries, two top 10 picks is way, way too much.

Apparently GC making a play for Fyfe. IMO they are delusional, going after the top end talent rather than building a fat and deep list like GWS's has backfired. They have completely botched their build and are miles off becoming a great team.
Getting Fyfe would certainly help them, they've got a pretty good spine and even without Ablett, Prestia and O'Meara their midfield is shaping up alright. Having said that from a culture perspective getting Fyfe in could be a risk for any club if the rumours about him being so divisive are true. If you go off the rumours he seems to have developed a bit of a big head and has rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with seemingly a "me first" mentality. Talented as he is you don't want selfish players on your list if you can avoid it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Know players never really walk into PSD, however, has there ever been a side with the potential of Essendon next year with pick 1 in the PSD? Surely that has to change the flavour. The players who fans suggest should do that are normally in their prime. Going to the typical tragedy at the bottom of the ladder can't be an appealing prospect for the prime of your career. However, going to a side that should at the very least be on the fringe of the finals would be appealing. Especially if you felt like you could make a difference.

Having said that I don't want to do a dog act, unless it is towards Port or GC. We have to trade with these teams in future years.

With Hurley, Heppell, Hooker, Myres and Colyer all coming back we have a fairly mature side next year. I hope we keep pick 1 unless it can become two top ten picks. Lets keep the build of Merret, Fantasia, Walla, Laverde, Langford, Redman, Long, Parish and Francis going. Another 3 good players to that would be impressive.

A player I'd consider is Daw as 2nd ruck and forward. Surely a fairly late pick (our 4th) could get it done.

Personally, I despise any talk of walking anyone to the PSD. Regardless of team or circumstance. It shat me to tears in years gone by when idiots from other boards casually dropped it as the alternative to their ridiculous trades.

And you would easily throw Pick 6 and them some to get Heppell

Talent wise pick 6 for Prestia is fair, only concern would be injury history. and at least you are getting a proven talent (however high you rate that talent)

Also Prestia is only 23, so if RIchmond can actually admit they need to rebuild a 23 year old very solid mid is a good starting point

Pick 6s from the 2006 draft onwards
Mitchell Thorp - Worse
David Myers - Same
Chris Yarran - Worse
Gary Rohan - Better
Reece Conca - Worse
Chad wingard - Better
Jackson Macrae - Same
Matthew Scharenberg - Broken
Caleb Marchbank - Unknown

thats roughly a 50% chance you'll hit on someone better than Prestia, even less as this is supposed to be a weak draft.

And If you're Richmond do you really trust yourself to hit on a high draft pick??

I will say it again - Prestia is over-rated on BF - I will pose a question - Who would you select first Prestia or Neale ?

I will say it again - Prestia is over-rated on BF - I will pose a question - Who would you select first Prestia or Neale ?
Prestia in a heartbeat.

Neale, less of an injury risk (Neale has played 90 games in 5 years, Prestia has played 95 in 6) and his numbers have been on par with Prestia's and maybe slightly better over their respective careers.

Neale, less of an injury risk (Neale has played 90 games in 5 years, Prestia has played 95 in 6) and his numbers have been on par with Prestia's and maybe slightly better over their respective careers.
Game is more than numbers. 95 in 6 years is an average of nearly 16 a year, which is 73% of games. Hardly Scott Gumbleton numbers.

Prestia's has elite speed, something Neale doesn't have to his bow. Neale has also been playing in a better side his entire career.

Game is more than numbers. 95 in 6 years is an average of nearly 16 a year, which is 73% of games. Hardly Scott Gumbleton numbers.

Prestia's has elite speed, something Neale doesn't have to his bow. Neale has also been playing in a better side his entire career.
Id agree with you pre 2016. This year Neale went up a level. It is a close one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back