Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely if O'meara wanted to come to us he would nominate us now the season is over? Generally players nominate clubs of choice after that destination clubs season is over.

Scoring goals has to be our number one priority this off season and next. Hooker can pinch hit up front and make a contest, but I'm not plonking him in the square and risking stripping him of his confidence. He's a natural intercept marker, reads it so well in defence. For me, our forward structure is:

FF: Raz, ???, Walla
HF: Laverde, Smokin Joe, Langford

As for the ???, Stringer? Patton? Vickery?

The Package has come off looking like a disinterested dummy spitter this season. We can offer him an actual KPF to support him, time in the midfield if he works hard enough to get his engine right, and more money than the dogs can muster. I don't know about you but I'm taking him in a heartbeat if not this off season, definitely next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scoring goals has to be our number one priority this off season and next. Hooker can pinch hit up front and make a contest, but I'm not plonking him in the square and risking stripping him of his confidence. He's a natural intercept marker, reads it so well in defence. For me, our forward structure is:

The Package has come off looking like a disinterested dummy spitter this season. We can offer him an actual KPF to support him, time in the midfield if he works hard enough to get his engine right, and more money than the dogs can muster. I don't know about you but I'm taking him in a heartbeat if not this off season, definitely next.

Regardless of him spending time in the VFL he would cost the farm and under no circumstances should their be discussion of pick #1 being downgraded.

I agree on your Hooker comments, him forward would be a structured rotation thing to give others rest and at best be for a quarter at best.

surely JoeyD would play CHF and Ding Dong would play the ??? role in your forward structure and maybe a Francis being the other plug in there.

im not actually sold on Stringer being a key forward - i dont reckon he has very good marking hands, almost prefers to let the ball hit the ground so he can burst packs and use power and strength on the deck. Sounds a big bodied mid pinch hit fwd to me ?

Regardless of him spending time in the VFL he would cost the farm and under no circumstances should their be discussion of pick #1 being downgraded.

I'd offer Dempsey and our 3rd rounder. If they don't agree the PSD it is. Suck it up Dogs.
(Im ignoring the fact that Stringer is contracted and probably dosnt want to come to our club mainly because he lives too far away. Also I am aware that Dempsey is a free agent but I reckon we can still try to trade him. Also I know it is a huge risk trading out our third round selection because Dodoro's s**t doesn't stink).

Are there any good rucks involved? We won't rely on Berger & Chambers forever.
Tim English is the best one in the draft, but Pick 1 is too early for him, and he probably gets taken before Pick 19 so we'd be unlikely to get him unless we got say Pick 15 in exchange for the Hibberd pick and Pick 37 from the Giants and he slid out of the top 10.
In that event I'd be doing the following in the draft:
#1: McCluggage
#15: English
#19: Battle
#55: Cameron
#73: Holmes
#91: McDonald-Tipungwuti (upgrade)

I'd offer Dempsey and our 3rd rounder. If they don't agree the PSD it is. Suck it up Dogs.
(Im ignoring the fact that Stringer is contracted and probably dosnt want to come to our club mainly because he lives too far away. Also I am aware that Dempsey is a free agent but I reckon we can still try to trade him. Also I know it is a huge risk trading out our third round selection because Dodoro's s**t doesn't stink).
You know he's contracted yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back