Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably Kelly would only play for us. But surely Dea will get other offers.

So we can pretty much come to a handshake agreement this week with Dea and Kelly and sign them day one when the period opens?

No need for even a handshake agreement. Dea is on record as saying he wants to stay with us and as a delisted FA he can nominate us and Kelly will play for us if he plays on. Will not go anywhere else. You can pretty much put Dea on the list and Kelly looks like he is considering playing as well.

I cant see Dea wanting to move clubs and go through that process again. Would be just getting used to the club and starting to feel settled. How could anyone want to leave this club after the reception they just recieved from the fans anyway? besides Hibberd*

Guys i need some clarity over this one. Do Brisbane have to choose acadamy player Jack Bowes with pick 1 if another club nominates him with their first round selection? Im not too sure

Guys i need some clarity over this one. Do Brisbane have to choose acadamy player Jack Bowes with pick 1 if another club nominates him with their first round selection? Im not too sure
Bowes is in the GC academy. Also if he were, no.

Next years draft already looks better than this years. Seen a lot of very promising young players the last few weeks. This weeks games didn't showcase many draftable players for this year.

Really like the look of Tom De Koning (Dandenong Stingrays) for next year.

Pretty much Drew petrie like.. big contested marking power full forward. Kicked 9 one game earlier in the seson before injury struck him down for a number of weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said that Bowes will get bid on by us if GC dont do the trade of 2 picks for pick 1. because if we dont he slips and they get him cheap. Bowes is just like simon black with a touch of pendlebury mixed in. And Ill say it again he has been managed this year, we havent seen his best. We have to police this Bowes academy pick. Brisbane wont, freos pick may end up at GC, carlton and richmonds picks may end up at GC too. Who knows.
Why do you say Brisbane won't ?
Being in the same state and being GCs no1 enemy, to me they appear the most likely to bid

Pretty much Drew petrie like.. big contested marking power full forward. Kicked 9 one game earlier in the seson before injury struck him down for a number of weeks
What's his draft range you reckon?

There is a lot of good talls next year, from last week Morrisby was awesome for Murray and from today Hennes for Gippsland and Naylor for Northern, Naylor is listed at 188 but I think he has grown since they did measurements because he looks over 190. Plays very similar to Hurley and kicked 3 goals when swung forward

I was using the ladder predictor, it said if Brisbane lose by 60 they'll finish 17th on 12 points and a percentage of 61%, we'll finish 18th on 12 points and a percentage of 60.9%.
LP is overrated. It doesn't factor in for/against. If Brisbane lose 100-40 we finish 17th. It depends on for/against.

He's playing on Firrito...
Or it could be that he's finally being used as the main forward, which is the role he's always meant to fill. Doesn't matter about the opposition team or who your direct opponent is, 11 goals (so far) in 2 games is nothing to turn your nose up at. Would love if we had someone alongside Joey capable of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back