Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Prestia is reconsidering his commitment to go to the Tigers, they were absolutely insipid today.
He's apparently 100% there

He's apparently 100% there
Fair enough, guess once you've committed you can't back out of it. On the basis of what they served up today though it'll be a long road for Richmond. If Dimma honestly thinks they can play finals next year he's deluding himself.

I think pick 2 will be better for us than pick 1, as we saw today pick 1s don't buy you heart, the blues have a whole bunch of pick 1s hasn't helped them one bit.

I think pick 2 will be better for us than pick 1, as we saw today pick 1s don't buy you heart, the blues have a whole bunch of pick 1s hasn't helped them one bit.
You'd be praying that Brisbane pass on McCluggage though, would rather be certain.

How I'm imagining Prestia at the moment:

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Nice work carlos mencia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing Langford and Walla's game today and knowing we had Fanta out, I think we should pass on Boomer.
Was saying that from the get-go. Do we really want a 39 year old taking games off 10+ year players next year?
*Correction: Why would we want a 39 year old taking games off potential 10+ year players?

Wonder if Hibberd is thinking, maybe just maybe I wont leave, maybe the club should just let him know that option is there.
Nope he's gone, we've got plenty of guys on the list who can play that role. Goddard, Stanton, Walla, Gleeson, Morgan, etc.

Was saying that from the get-go. Do we really want a 39 year old taking games off 10+ year players next year?
*Correction: Why would we want a 39 year old taking games off potential 10+ year players?

Really the only teams that should show interest are those in the hunt for a premiership net season. He's make sense at a Sydney or a GWS or a Hawthorn. It never made sense for us though.

Really the only teams that should show interest are those in the hunt for a premiership net season. He's make sense at a Sydney or a GWS or a Hawthorn. It never made sense for us though.
Exactly my point, we should only be targeting players who are under-24 and who fill needs, which for me our 3 biggest needs are:
1. Key position forwards and 3rd talls (and to those people who keep suggesting it, that does not include spuds like Vickery and Cloke, or injury riddled spuds like Vardy), I've said it before and I'll say it again but Patton is the one we should be targeting.
2. Ruck depth: Leuenberger & Bellchambers are the No. 1 and 2 respectively but beyond that we don't really have much more. McKernan just doesn't cut it and it remains to be seen if Nyuon will make it. Best bet would be either Downie or Flynn from GWS or Darcy Cameron in the draft (preferably a combination of Cameron and Flynn though for me).
3. Classy mids: Despite protests to the contrary I believe we've got the ball winners we need (Heppell, Z.Merrett, Zaka when he's not tagged, etc.), and adding McCluggage either at Pick 1 or Pick 2 (I'm actually hoping Brisbane either win or lose by less than 50, because I really want McCluggage), and to add O'Meara via the PSD would be the icing on the cake.

With those we potentially go into next year with a best 22 of:
FB: Hurley - Hartley - Baguley
HB: Goddard - Hooker - Stanton
C: Colyer - Watson - Z.Merrett
R: Leuenberger - Heppell - O'Meara
HF: Laverde - Daniher - Langford
FF: Fantasia - Patton - McDonald-Tipungwuti
I/C: Parish - Francis - Zaharakis - Bellchambers

EMG: Myers - Hocking - Dea

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Hibberd does a 360 on his decision. He would be mad to leave based on where this football club is going.

Exactly my point, we should only be targeting players who are under-24 and who fill needs, which for me our 3 biggest needs are:
1. Key position forwards and 3rd talls (and to those people who keep suggesting it, that does not include spuds like Vickery and Cloke, or injury riddled spuds like Vardy), I've said it before and I'll say it again but Patton is the one we should be targeting.
2. Ruck depth: Leuenberger & Bellchambers are the No. 1 and 2 respectively but beyond that we don't really have much more. McKernan just doesn't cut it and it remains to be seen if Nyuon will make it. Best bet would be either Downie or Flynn from GWS or Darcy Cameron in the draft (preferably a combination of Cameron and Flynn though for me).
3. Classy mids: Despite protests to the contrary I believe we've got the ball winners we need (Heppell, Z.Merrett, Zaka when he's not tagged, etc.), and adding McCluggage either at Pick 1 or Pick 2 (I'm actually hoping Brisbane either win or lose by less than 50, because I really want McCluggage), and to add O'Meara via the PSD would be the icing on the cake.

With those we potentially go into next year with a best 22 of:
FB: Hurley - Hartley - Baguley
HB: Goddard - Hooker - Stanton
C: Colyer - Watson - Z.Merrett
R: Leuenberger - Heppell - O'Meara
HF: Laverde - Daniher - Langford
FF: Fantasia - Patton - McDonald-Tipungwuti
I/C: Parish - Francis - Zaharakis - Bellchambers

EMG: Myers - Hocking - Dea

Patton has increased his value by tenfold over the last few weeks, if he didn't kick 11 goals in two games I reckon we could of got him for just pick 1 on its own. We are missing ONE thing, a tall key forward. That is it.

When has that ever happened? He's gone and it's okay because we have no shortage of potential replacements on the HBF.

I can't remember the player, but I can swear it has happened before. Could be Kruezer but he stayed because nobody wanted him.

Patton has increased his value by tenfold over the last few weeks, if he didn't kick 11 goals in two games I reckon we could of got him for just pick 1 on its own. We are missing ONE thing, a tall key forward. That is it.
We wouldn't need to involve Pick 1 imo. Unfortunately for GWS I'm not sure how long they can persist with all of Patton, Cameron and Lobb playing in the same forwardline, doesn't seem sustainable. If one is doing well, invariably its the other two that seem out of form (or one of them at least).

I reckon the following is reasonably fair to all parties:
ESS out/MEL in: Hibberd + Pick 37
ESS out/GWS in: Pick 19 + 2017 2nd rounder
MEL out/GWS in: Pick 26 + 2017 2nd rounder
GWS out/ESS in: Patton + Flynn + Pick 15

Melbourne essentially get their man for Pick 20-ish.
GWS free up cap space, list spots and get an additional 1500+ points over the next two years.
We fill our biggest two list requirements with Patton and Flynn, and slightly improve our draft position in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back