Analysis Effect of female athletes around the Holden Centre? (Serious discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Que? And you know this because....

You being serious?

I mean, outside the girls I know who have dealt with them, there's never a shortage of stories you hear floating around. Let's also not forget about the plethora of rape accusations and rumours.

I mean, surely most of you aren't that naive?

It's one of the main reasons I think the drafting age needs to be raised to 21.

You take a bunch of 17 year olds who have been sheltered their whole lives and whose lives have been treated like they're the centre of the universe, put them into a football club bubble where they're sheltered even more, give them too much money, fame and women. Why do you think so many of them are complete jerk offs? Let's not forget that to generally reach that level in professional sport you already have to have a certain level of arrogance/confidence ot begin with.

Add that with the above? You have a cocktail for complete jerkwads.

I mean, so you don't think this is 4th hand or anything, Harry O'Brien picked up my young cousin while he was still with whats her face. Fuzzy? Fluffy? I mean, even the ones who are supposedly "nice guys" are generally jerks. Are there some genuinely nice guy footballers? Yeah, of course. Most of them are dicks.

I think as far as schools go, girls can be distractions to a boy's study and focus and vice versa.

As for a sports club, I think it will do more good things than bad. Will it distract them? Maybe. Without actually finding a specific study, I think you'd find that having females around increases the testosterone and will maybe even push these guys harder in the gym etc.

You being serious?

I mean, outside the girls I know who have dealt with them, there's never a shortage of stories you hear floating around. Let's also not forget about the plethora of rape accusations and rumours.

You take a bunch of 17 year olds who have been sheltered their whole lives and whose lives have been treated like they're the centre of the universe, put them into a football club bubble where they're sheltered even more, give them too much money, fame and women. Why do you think so many of them are complete jerk offs? Let's not forget that to generally reach that level in professional sport you already have to have a certain level of arrogance/confidence ot begin with.

I mean, so you don't think this is 4th hand or anything, Harry O'Brien picked up my young cousin while he was still with whats her face. Fuzzy? Fluffy? I mean, even the ones who are supposedly "nice guys" are generally jerks. Are there some genuinely nice guy footballers? Yeah, of course. Most of them are dicks.

And these young men upon whom you cast these aspersions behave like they're at a nightclub with a gut full of piss 24/7.... of course, silly (or naive) me.

And why should all these young players be seen as the guilty parties just because they get people like your cousin throwing themselves at them in social settings. Pretty sure that won't happen at training. What they may arrange to do outside of training and the club is totally up to the conscenting adults involved.

Last edited:
Again, don't presume to know what I think. I took drugs in my youth and I'd assume a fairly large proportion would have experimented at some stage. Doesn't make me or any of them some sex crazed loony unable to function as an adult in a mixed gender environment. It's a professional sports club FFS, not a nightclub.
Yet they still take drugs and chase women. Doesn't need to be a nightclub does it.

You've got a somewhat unhealthy interest in this TG. The players from both teams are professional. As consenting adults, who cares what they do out of hours or away from the Holden Centre? Its their business.
I wouldn't say that, like the op i can just
read the writing on the wall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You being serious?

We live in a world where people want to either make a name for themselves, right or wrong reasons, we've seen that with people trying to bring down footballers in the public before trying to get money out of them. See Kim Duthie.

Whatever. Your posts on this subject just reinforce that any moron with a keyboard can post on a footy forum. Happy in my belief that mixed training will bring more good than bad. You feel free to indulge whatever weird fantasies you like.
Don't presume you know what I'm like or thinking...
Also I don't own a computer. Again take some of your own advice.

Don't presume you know what I'm like or thinking...
Also I don't own a computer. Again take some of your own advice.

Where did I presume what you were thinking or say you had a computer? You can't even get things right when they're written right in front of you so this'll be my last response to you on this subject.

Why does society always place fault and issue at the feet of men? It's a two way street.

I think you've completely misinterpreted what I was saying. Or I communicated it badly. Code of conduct stuff is pretty standard and goes both ways. It is a two way street I strongly agree. I have some pretty horrible personal experience when it hasn't been treated that way. Given that experience i'm trying not to be offended by that comment.

I wouldn't say that, like the op i can just
read the writing on the wall.
Ah from Daniel, some biblical studies in order I presume?

Daniel:

"This is the inscription that was written:

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

"Here is what these words mean:

Mene: Go d has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

Ah from Daniel, some biblical studies in order I presume?

Daniel:

"This is the inscription that was written:

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

"Here is what these words mean:

Mene: Go d has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

I love Bible studies

Where did I presume what you were thinking or say you had a computer? You can't even get things right when they're written right in front of you so this'll be my last response to you on this subject.

Why People respond to him in the 1st Place?

I love Bible studies

Lol.
Oldie but a goodie.

Theology is an interesting topic, sometimes peoples belief system can be challenging (whatever they are) but pure theology can be fascinating (at times)

But the ones that aren't married or in a relationship are playing the field. Not many of if any of them would've slept with a minimum 100 women.
I honestly can't believe you said that.
And who cares if they've slept with 10 or 200 women.
What business is that of yours?
Or ours?

In the bits and pieces of media we've seen about Mo Hope, she's mentioned that when she was at the Western Bulldogs there was a bit of support between the men's and women's teams ...

... it doesn't seem to have been a problem for the Western Bulldogs men's team!

I'm very much in favour of the whole coed thing.

Anybody seen 18 year olds who had come from single sex schools trying to navigate their away around a coed workplace, or University/TAFE? Sure, many deal with it perfectly fine, but many do struggle.

The world is coed. Everybody has to deal with it sometime. The sooner the better IMHO.

Collingwood has said many times that they're not just trying to create great footballers, but great citizens too. This is a step in the right direction.

I agree with Shpeshal Ed , when he said that there will be teething problems. I'd be surprised if the club didn't at least consider risks and strive to manage them in a mature way. But anything of substance worth doing will have risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back