Opinion Egan 2007 v Hawkins 2012

Egan 2007 v Hawkins 2012

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah those lol!
I ahhh..... meant orthotics... even though I spelled it incorrectly a few times......
Ummmm IPhone auto correct! Yeah thats it!!
As long as it's not a sign that you're about to have some dental work soon?!
Keep away from the sticky FANTALE type lollies.

But I like fantails!
Wait......
One of our friends started to chew one last week and her whole tooth, root canal and all, got dislodged.
She'll need some implant or orthodontic work.

I uploaded some Egan highlights :thumbsu:
Hopefully it helps people to remember how good he was and also how brilliant our team was in the mid noughties as time can get the better of most of us

Thanks SO MUCH for uploading this, footscore. s**t he was a big unit. Great judge of the push-off mark too. Don't get me wrong, Harry Taylor has been a REVELATION down back ever since, but what if...

Sigh:(

thanks VEEDUBS ;)

I am unsure as I had all these highlights on my computer for quite sometime as I downloaded them a while back but they look to be mostly 07 highlights.
We thank you.
I have a request if you ever get the urge, a Harry Taylor highlights package, just to cheer us up at what we still have.

I have a request too! A Mitch Duncan video!
Wowee I reckon that would be something!

your a big fan of Mitch aren't ya :D

I reckon you going to be spoiled in 2013....that kid is going to give us quite a highlights reel as he turns into a gun midfielder of the competition.

Harry Taylor highlights package is definitely one I'd love to do, would make a perfect instructional tutorial on how to take the classic contested mark VEEDUBS.

your a big fan of Mitch aren't ya :D

I reckon you going to be spoiled in 2013....that kid is going to give us quite a highlights reel as he turns into a gun midfielder of the competition.

Harry Taylor highlights package is definitely one I'd love to do, would make a perfect instructional tutorial on how to take the classic contested mark VEEDUBS.

I'm a big fan of Duncans :D
I've said he will be the second best midfielder at the Cats since the turn of the century and I'll stand by that until proven wrong (if thats even possible?).
I think hes something special.

I'm a big fan of Duncans :D
I've said he will be the second best midfielder at the Cats since the turn of the century and I'll stand by that until proven wrong (if thats even possible?).
I think hes something special.

Crikey, that's a big call!
Ablett 1.
So, better than Bartel, Corey, Chapman, Johnson, Kelly, Ling, Sellwood?
We can only hope!

I have a request too! A Mitch Duncan video!
Wowee I reckon that would be something!

I fully concur with your Mitch request, what an amazing talent the young bloke is, from the outset I knew he was destined to be a great.
This year he'll probably stamp himself numero uno among the running mids and possibly MVP.

Right now he's the equal of all those players going forward, IMO Fred!

Crikey, that's a big call!
Ablett 1.
So, better than Bartel, Corey, Chapman, Johnson, Kelly, Ling, Sellwood?
We can only hope!

Yep.
I have below Ablett just because I dont think we will see his equal for decades but the others (albeit of course Champions in their own right) I think Duncan has tools that each doesnt have.
Duncan has the potential there to be a Champion in a few years IMO, the kid has EVERYTHING.
Its a big call I know but one I think could come true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Egan was a BEAST! Watching that video, he could definitely steam roll through some packs. Looks like he might have been a centre half back that could match Hawkins for strength. No doubt he would have more AA honors if his career didn't end short

Hopefully it helps people to remember how good he was and also how brilliant our team was in the mid noughties as time can get the better of most of us

Boy, how soon we forget what a champion this kid was. His forced retirement was a tragedy of epic proportions.

Egan was the best defender in the league in 07. Easily. He'd have eaten Hawkins alive.
In 07, definitely.
Hawkins was the best powerforward of 2012. Easily.Well, Pav, JR, may take exception.
Would have been an awesome contest. Remember the only guy Egan struggled with was Cloke. The 2012 Hawkins is > Cloke.

In 07, definitely.
Hawkins was the best powerforward of 2012. Easily.Well, Pav, JR, may take exception.
Would have been an awesome contest. Remember the only guy Egan struggled with was Cloke. The 2012 Hawkins is > Cloke.
But only because Cloke can get on his bike and run up to the wings all day. Hawkins doesn't have that strength. Hawkins to kick a couple but the points go to Egan.

But only because Cloke can get on his bike and run up to the wings all day. Hawkins doesn't have that strength. Hawkins to kick a couple but the points go to Egan.
You are correct. Clokey does roam around like a Nick Riewoldt, and TH 's style may well have suited Egan, it is a mouth-watering prospect to contemplate, but kind of strange in that for such a contest to really occur, one of those would not be a CAT.

Egan was so good one on one but he was also good at looking for player to attak out of the back 50 not just a shut down defender he came from nowhere really.where big tomahawk had really pessure on his shoulders from day one.Pity about egan injury sounds like he has has got some good coaching smarts about him to.

awesome, thanks Footscore (been an infrequent visitor over the xmas break, keep coming back to excellent threads and interesting posts !)

edit : I posted my thanks before actually watching the clip - wow, that was brilliantly put together and a true reminder of how good Matty Egan was; as I said earlier in the thread he'd quickly become one of my very favourite Cats in his short time at the club, that clip provided ample evidence as to why. :thumbsu:

your welcome Cursed :thumbsu:

He definitely could have become an absolute gun if he was still around today.
May have been able to to add an attacking side to his game and push forward like Neitz, Silvagni, Graham and more recently, like Hurley & Taylor do today.

Back