Toast Egghead Words and Phrases Kudos Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't let quoting Shakespeare go unrewarded!

Speech: “Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow”

By William Shakespeare

(from Macbeth, spoken by Macbeth)

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Think about it.

I was thinking Mea Culpa has become like, so 2014 but there have been a few sitings this year. Quite a lean run last year with just the one entry by DR! Notable, though, for being in a thread titled "Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag" :p
I have a feeling in my waters that Greene WILL be rubbed out.

He got a ridiculous Get Out of Jail card from the AFL system last week ****ing with Bont's head. Big mea culpa from Greene. Free to play the Lions.

So the following week he basically thumbs his nose at the AFL and its disciplinary system, and does it again.

Big test for the AFL. Dont think they will take that sh*t from Greene.

He will be rubbed out.
Mea culpa. Grammar error. Six cuts. Only part right on responsibility, though, particularly if your response is partisan. You get the Government you vote for. You are condemned by your enthusiasm so cop what you get in bad times. To be fair to you, though, in 2018, the Coalition didn't offer much.
Fair enough. I didn't read the first part of your post carefully. Mea culpa.
PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 12 v Adelaide

Lots of goals at Metricon today with a season high score. Could easily have been more, but 16 of them is still something to savour in the Pieman comp.

NB: I did find a small bug (mea culpa) in the software which I think I've fixed. Scores should now be correct but if you think you've been robbed please let me know.

ed in the trial comp that started today - Pieman Mk II - I hope to post the results later this evening.
Oh I don’t think we’ve covered ourselves in glory, myself included. It’s been a difficult year and I’ve drinking too much when watching the footy but it’s no excuse. Mea culpa. Turns out the club actually knows more about the players than I do.

I stay away from the game day thread except in 1/4 breaks now, best to take a deep breath before posting there chums.

I stay away from Facebook fans pages and the comments section in The Hun, that’s where the gutter that runs off the gutter swims.

I wonder if some of this is gambling related ... I know players have got death threats recently due to bets & multis that have failed. As if the players give a flying f**k about your wasted money mate...

Bev definitely isn’t the first coach or player to speak out about this. The indigenous players have been cheap targets since whenever. We don’t see it as much because we have few black fellas in the team.

The Roman Catholic Church in its renewal of the Holy Mass ten years ago reverted to the words "Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault" in the prayer, The Confiteor, which had been used in its Latin translation, "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" in the Mass previous to the Second Vatican Council. "Mea maxima culpa" is pretty damn darn serious! Sister Ambrose taught me that in 1962.

Pope Chicago1

This is the version that I learned when I was an altar boy:

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti,
beatæ Mariæ semper Virgini,
beato Michaeli Archangelo,
beato Ioanni Baptistæ,
sanctis Apostolis Petro et Paulo,
omnibus Sanctis, et vobis, fratres:
quia peccavi nimis
cogitatione, verbo et opere:
mea culpa, mea culpa,
mea maxima culpa