Eight straight losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows.ok

Senior List
Feb 11, 2001
Adelaide, SA
Sorry, sabre_ac, but this just doesn't sound like a final eight threat to me.

4-4, thats at least a prospect at finals.

0-8, and its why did you bother to even start this season? You need only two more losses to virtually guarantee you won't make finals.

I know which team is my tip for the infamous unwanted wooden utensil this year.

It isn't the same team as was your tip at the start of the season, sabre_ac.

At least at this rate Freo might even snag yet another priority draft pick.

Hands up everyone who thinks that will help Freo this time?

Originally posted by Crows.ok

Apparently priority draft picks are being reconsidered by the AFL, and may be scrapped by the end of this year, and if not this year then almost certainly next year.

Originally posted by Crows.ok
Sorry, sabre_ac, but this just doesn't sound like a final eight threat to me.

4-4, thats at least a prospect at finals.

0-8, and its why did you bother to even start this season? You need only two more losses to virtually guarantee you won't make finals.

I know which team is my tip for the infamous unwanted wooden utensil this year.

It isn't the same team as was your tip at the start of the season, sabre_ac.

Its called a loosing mentality plain and simple.
I know we have the quality of players to succeed and make the 8.

A last place side is not competitive in every game and in winning positions in most of the games.

And Freo certainly arnt the worst side going around at the moment.
In my opinion its the eagles.
The reason west coast are ahead of the dockers is the memories of past glories.

I look at my side and know that we are better than last and will be better next year.
Schell kicked 8 goals in the wafl at the age of 21
Haselby has skills rivalring Harvey
And Longmuir is a ruckman on the up.The list goes on, there is a future and they are not this bad.

New coach and a way of thinking will bring this side up to were it belongs.

And prority picks are a help, but frankly we dont need them any more than 10 other teams in the competition.

I thought the reason that WC were ahead of Freo was that they have actually won a game this year? Can't remember who it was against, but they've obviously beaten someone.

Schell? Bah humbug! My nephew kicked 9 in the Goulburn Valley Under 16s at the age of 14. Who cares?

I like how you said "new coach and a way of thinking"..... so it's not a new coach and a NEW way of thinking that you need, just A way of thinking...... ummmmmmm wel at least you have nice beaches.

I cant understand Schell, the guy kicks bags of goals in the WAFL, an average of around 5 a game yet can barely get one in the AFL. Its partly a reflection of the state of the WAFL at the moment and partly due to him I suppose. Even though, its quite pathetic.

Vis

PS Sabre, at least WC has won 2 games!!

In defence of Freo, I think Sabre was right when he spoke about the losing mentality of the side and how hard it is to win.

Last year, we either led or were in a winning position in at least 10 games.

As we started to lose a few games, you could actually see the difference in the players confidence fall as the season progressed. Freo look like they are getting into that position now and it is a very hard thing to rectify. Port were last half through 2000 but were able to finish the season strongly and perhaps Freo may do the same thing.

Sabre obviously has a view of side that a lot of people disagree with. That's part of what being a football supporter is all about. I think the saints have a lot of talent at our disposal and will come good eventually, others may think I'm just blinded by my loyalty to the saints.

Crows OK, if your team hadn't just had a big win and didn't look like improving, would you be so critical of Fremante and Sabre?

Re: Re: Eight straight losses.

Originally posted by sabre_ac

Its called a loosing mentality plain and simple.
I know we have the quality of players to succeed and make the 8.

A last place side is not competitive in every game and in winning positions in most of the games.

And Freo certainly arnt the worst side going around at the moment.
In my opinion its the eagles.
The reason west coast are ahead of the dockers is the memories of past glories.

I look at my side and know that we are better than last and will be better next year.
Schell kicked 8 goals in the wafl at the age of 21
Haselby has skills rivalring Harvey
And Longmuir is a ruckman on the up.The list goes on, there is a future and they are not this bad.

New coach and a way of thinking will bring this side up to were it belongs.

And prority picks are a help, but frankly we dont need them any more than 10 other teams in the competition.

exactly my point sabre. They will be good in the FUTURE...2-3 years time, but not this year or next.

I dont get your point sabre about somethings. Honestly. Schell kicked 8 goals in a game at 21?? big deal. Hodges kicked 153 goals in the SANFL at the age of 20...kicking 14 goals in a preliminary final.
Darren Smith was kicking bags of goals at a young age as well. Jackovich kicked 98 goals in the SANFL at the age of 21.
I honestly dont see your point?? Hodges and Smith were both failures at AFL level. Richardson kicked 12 goals in the SANFL three weeks ago, and didnt get a touch this week. 8 goals in the WAFL is not a fantastic acievement. Longmuir is ok, but has a way to go. Haselby is good but has a way to go to be up there with the best.

Originally posted by sainter

Crows OK, if your team hadn't just had a big win and didn't look like improving, would you be so critical of Fremante and Sabre?

Don't blame Crows.ok Sainter, he's just having a go at Sabre cause he was big mouthing his team, saying how it's better than the Crows, how it had a better chance of making the finals, etc. Simply putting him in his place.

Originally posted by ant

Don't blame Crows.ok Sainter, he's just having a go at Sabre cause he was big mouthing his team, saying how it's better than the Crows, how it had a better chance of making the finals, etc. Simply putting him in his place.

Ant do you want me to say it again.
I dont rate the crows. They are really not that much better if at all than the dockers.
Your not going to convince me other wise.
Your team is in far worse a shape than mine.
But then again that is just an opinion and im sure you have your own.

And if you read his post he wasnt having a go at me.
If he was going to have a go he would have done so last week.

Im not sure of the exact score but it was something like 71 - 19 at half time in perfect conditions, at home and against an undermanned Geelong with no confidence. All they had to do was kick the first 2 or 3 goals and i think Geelong would have rolled over.

The Dockers are just woeful, its actually really sad.

Freo is my fave 4 spoon

Freo will take the spoon AT THE MOMENT
There is a long way to go though and sides that are in front at three quarter time must be doing something right!

I reckon they dont want to win coz they'd have to sing that terrible excuse for a song!!

Its a Docker Shocker:p

How many priority and early round draft picks have Freo actually had over the years. There is something desparately wrong over there if they still can't be competetive with some of the players they have drafted over the years.

They better get their act together or they will run the risk of losing their good drafts back to Victoria such as Haselby and Pavlich.

Perhaps they should change their name to the University Dockers. They were just as sucessful weren't they.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seth just a quick point Freo wont be losing Haselby "Back" to Victoria becasue hes from East Freo and they would be losing Pavlich "Back" to Victoria because hes a south australian.

But anyway can someone please explain to me why they keep persisting with Modra at full forward. If something goes wrong the first person dropped is always Shell. Why dont the coaching staff give him a go. I know his accuracy isnt perfect but he can take a good strong mark and hes performing no worse than therest of the team.

All I acn say is I hope we have a place in the trophy cabinet for the wooden spoon because we need a miracle to finish 15th this year!

I dont rate the crows. They are really not that much better if at all than the dockers.
Your not going to convince me other wise.
Your team is in far worse a shape than mine.
But then again that is just an opinion and im sure you have your own.

How on earth do you come up with that statement? On what basis do you say that?? You have to have some reasoning to support this argument.
Fremantle have never finished above Adelaide. Adelaide have their youngest list ever. Adelaide are a big chance at making the finals this year...Fremantle hasnt won a game...and the game everyone tipped they finally would win, were 10 goals down at half time. Meanwhile a game that not many tipped Adelaide to win, they got up and won. And you think Adelaide is in WORSE shape than Fremantle?? haha. Im speechless. Fremantle is by far and away the worst team in the AFL at the moment. They are WINLESS...no other team is winless. Even West Coast is in better shape at the moment. At least theyve won games.

Come back and talk to me when Fremantle look like doing something in the AFL...but then again i might be around here for ever waiting .

Originally posted by Macca19

How on earth do you come up with that statement? On what basis do you say that?? You have to have some reasoning to support this argument.
Fremantle have never finished above Adelaide. Adelaide have their youngest list ever. Adelaide are a big chance at making the finals this year...Fremantle hasnt won a game...and the game everyone tipped they finally would win, were 10 goals down at half time. Meanwhile a game that not many tipped Adelaide to win, they got up and won. And you think Adelaide is in WORSE shape than Fremantle?? haha. Im speechless. Fremantle is by far and away the worst team in the AFL at the moment. They are WINLESS...no other team is winless. Even West Coast is in better shape at the moment. At least theyve won games.

Come back and talk to me when Fremantle look like doing something in the AFL...but then again i might be around here for ever waiting .

Im not going over it again.
My team isnt certainly up there with the best, but i still believe were not the worst team in the competition in the league.
Adelaide wont make the 8.
But our 8 zip start has ensured that the crows will finish ahead of the dockers.
Macca please dont ever say again that your not anti freo.
I have to ask is your interest in freo due to the fact that Pavlich plays for them.
Or do you just hate another warfie club in the afl.

And no fremanlte are not the worst club in the afl
Just like the hawks arnt the best team in the AFL

Originally posted by Seth
How many priority and early round draft picks have Freo actually had over the years. There is something desparately wrong over there if they still can't be competetive with some of the players they have drafted over the years.

They better get their act together or they will run the risk of losing their good drafts back to Victoria such as Haselby and Pavlich.

Perhaps they should change their name to the University Dockers. They were just as sucessful weren't they.

LOL well your a collingwood supporter so that explains it.:D

Haselby is an east fremantle player and is freo to the bone.
He certainly isnt going anywhere.Brown and Pavlich are very happy at the club and have settled in very well.
Fremanlte has learnt from the white affair and will certainly not be letting any high profile players go easily.
Waterhouse is a prime example of how far we have come in the department.

How many priority pics did the pies get in the same time that freo have been in the competition.
I think you will find it was the same or more.

Waterhouse is a prime example of how far we have come in the department.

Yes the waterhouse saga shows how cold blooded ya team is. He wants to come back to SA so badly coz hes parents are very ill, but ya pathetic club wouldnt trade him to Port.

From what I remember, Port were not giving what Freo felt enough for Waterhouse. Waterhouse is worth about a #12 draft pick to me. Personal opinion though, no doubtedly Freo supporters will say he's more and Port say he's less.

Vis

Originally posted by sainter

Sabre obviously has a view of side that a lot of people disagree with. That's part of what being a football supporter is all about. I think the saints have a lot of talent at our disposal and will come good eventually, others may think I'm just blinded by my loyalty to the saints.

I'm not particularly critical of Freo. They have been just short of a win in many of their games. They just lack the belief in themselves that they can win.

I wouldn't be critical of sabre_ac at all if he stuck to the theme "Freo are a good young side, capable of making the eight". That is just support of your club.

The one thing I'm critical of is sabre_ac's propensity to bag opposition sides which in reality he does not have a clue about.

He has said repeatedly that he doesn't rate Crows. He has said repeatedly that his own team, Freo, is a good deal better team than Crows.

The facts just don't back him up on this.

As I say, I wouldn't mind if he just supported his own club. But when he tries to deride other clubs in comparison ... well its worth the odd angry shot in retaliation.

Originally posted by QT

Yes the waterhouse saga shows how cold blooded ya team is. He wants to come back to SA so badly coz hes parents are very ill, but ya pathetic club wouldnt trade him to Port.

Colded blooded
I dont think so
If he wanted to go home he wouldnt have signed a contract extending his career.
A player being flown home every week and allowed to stay home for 3 days a week is hardly cold hearted.
No other interstate player in any side has been treated as well as him.

Cold hearted????
I dont think so

And to those SA clubs trying to snare pavlich.
He wont be going anywhere without a major fight on your hands.

Originally posted by ant
How much longer is Pavlich contracted for??

I reckon the Crows might be a chance with a bit of calculated persuasion.

Contract expires at the end of the year i think.
But i think he is pretty settled and happy at the dockers.
Final 8 is out of the picture ofr the dockers.
Oour main aim now is to sign pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back