News Eight Tigers make the AA squad- Congratulations to Rance, Martin, Riewoldt and Edwards

Dees fans on the MB complaining about Rance flopping. Have very short memories

giphy.gif

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
This.

Clearly none of the AA selectors subscribe to this theory.
It must completely confound these selectors how Richmond win games with their beliefs . Was it against the cats they had 3 players > 30p our highest was mid 20s , says something how we play and the impact of those 20p players have in the result

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
The article on the Richmond website says Rance has 72 intercept marks, almost 20 more than his closest teammate, Vlaustin, at 55.
Rance is our greatest defender since Francis Bourke, a five-time premiership player.
Melbourne fans need be careful not to be arrogant.
We will be crowing over their carcass if they lose on Friday.
I know a lot of people who really, really hate Melbourne.
The older generation, who remember the 1950s era and Melbourne's smug, old school tie, Anglo upper-class entitlement.

Last edited:
Franklin is not even in the Sydney leadership group. Crazy choice.
Heard an interview with Buckley and Whately this morning. Buckley basically said AA is a "fantasy team" and the Captain tag doesn't actually mean they're going to captain a game. If you think of it that way then it's something you can give players as a way of highlighting their achievements. I'm very comfortable with someone like Buddy getting that sort of recognition, he's a champion of the game.

The alternative is only recognising players that have good social / media skills (a chunk of what club Captains / Vice-Captains do), which has no impact on field.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Love that Titch got in i thought definitely one of him or Lambo would get the nod our other 3 were locks... Devon smith should have been in over Robbie gray imo thou

A carltoon mate of mine was trying to tell me Devon Smith should have been included instead of Titch. Unfortunately for Devon he plays a position on the field where he is competing with Dusty, Danger, Mitchell, Cotchin, Cripps, Oliver, Selwood etc and rightly missed out. There's a reason why Bruest got in ahead of Hawkins and Ben Brown...plays a different role whereas Hawkins and Brown were competing with JR and Buddy. Gray and Edwards are skilful players who can go forward, back, mid who open the game up with their play. They are creation players. Devon was simply not good enough in his particular role of hard nosed midfielder. They also mention that if your teams s**t and doesn't make finals you are less likely to get in.

Back