Media EJW EXCLUSIVE - STOCKHOLM SYNDROME SCANDAL ROCKS BOMBERS FINALS CAMPAIGN

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Bombers Captain HaroLad has been embroiled in a scandal just days out from is sides preliminary final against the Dragons.

EJW Exclusive caught up with wantaway Bomber PhenomenalV1 this week in an exclusive interview where it's fair to say bombshells were dropped.

We've all known for a while that The Phenomenal One wasn't happy, so he sat down with me to answer some questions on the ongoing saga.

In hindsight, I must say I applaud the courage of Phenom for speaking out. If not for the bravery of this man, this horrible condition, and those responsible for it's affliction, would remain in the shadows. EJW Exclusive feels it is the responsible thing to do to highlight the plight of those that may need our help.

If you or anyone you know is facing a crisis, please contact the relevant services, just not your Club Captain, they are probably the cause if this is anything to go by.

And remember, it's cool to just ask your mate, RUOK?

EJW: Phenom, you have left the Bombers...but are not currently playing. Can you please explain the behind the scenes workings as far as you know. How did it get to this?

PV1: Well, from what I know and what I've been told, HaroLad refused to play ball with me, the rest of the leadership group, the Dragons, and the committee, and refused the trade.

Around this time, I received advice from the Filth Wizard about going inactive at the Bombers and posting with the Dragons anyway. I took his advice, and I was dropped from the Bombers (although I was later reinstated because HaroLad's big recruits either went inactive or got constantly suspended). And that's how it's been ever since.

EJW: Can you tell us how you were recruited to Baghdad in the first place?

PV1: I posted in the new players signup thread just before season 23, and HaroLad was the first to contact me. I'd made it clear that I'd preferred the Dragons, but they didn't contact me until after I'd promised HaroLad to play for the Bombers.

In hindsight, I was probably warned when cammo said "Aw geez, not the Bombers. Nobody likes them..."

EJW: What are some of your favourite memories of your time there?

PV1: Well, the premiership was nice. The camaraderie KohPhi and the rookies had built up. Those early match threads where we just spammed and spammed...good times, Wigman, good times...

EJW: Do you remain friends with any of your former teammates?

PV1
: I still chat with KohPhi, Tony and Coach, but that's mostly at Uncle Tony's House, since I've pretty much boycotted all the Bombers threads.

EJW: How did you find Haro during recruitment phase?

PV1: I didn't find him, he found me. He was about 6 feet tall, and had two horns sticking out of his head, and told me his real name was B.L. Zebub.

EJW: How did you find Haro last season when the team was flying?

PV1: Surprisingly tolerable, considering that most of the time he was complaining about losing. He hadn't fully embraced his edgelord persona that's become his calling card.

EJW: What changed? When did you realise something was wrong?

PV1: I think the Coach drama at the end of last season was the beginning, but around the start of the season, I noticed a change in the side.

Some of that's because a couple of posters had left, and others had become inactive, but there was more to it.

I reckon the power of being a premiership captain went to HaroLad's head. He and Licorice Allsorts had formed a kind of tag team (with Dawn to Dark joining in later), and began posting a lot of content in match threads that I wasn't a fan of. Mostly edgy memes and the like, and I genuinely believe that HL and LA are the posters that drove away akkaps.

I just wasn't comfortable being on the same team as him. I'd rather be on the same team as you or BRAB than go back to the Bombers.
(Holy s**t!! This must be serious!!)

EJW: Who did you talk to when things changed?

PV1
: cammo and Van_Dyke were trying to get me over to the Dragons and Demons respectively for a while. Filthy, Cloud and Hate were also people who helped out.

EJW: Are there any lasting scars, and is there anything you want to put on the public record?

PV1
: I feel like I've had so much of the enjoyment I got from this place sucked out of me after the trade period.

I didn't write another media piece until the Advent Calendar.

My match posting stats went downhill.

I felt burnt out, and hurt that what I believed to be a perfectly reasonable request was blocked because an insecure teenager (or from what I've heard, a thirty-something pretending to be a teen) didn't want a poster of Indian descent on his team, because then he'd have to stop posting his racist "send vegene and bobs" memes anymore.

Is there anything I want to put out there?

Yes.

To all potential new recruits, stay away from the Bombers.

And to HaroLad...go **** yourself.

EJW: Now, Phenom, do you know what the Stockholm Syndrome is?

(Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity. These feelings, resulting from a bond formed between captor and captives during intimate time spent together, are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims)

PV1: I'm aware of it, yes.

EJW: Added to that, do you think this was in play in any way?

PV1: Absolutely. I only started this season with the Bombers because I believed that after how badly he'd handled and acted towards me during the Coach drama, I'd still give him a second chance. How wrong I was...

EJW: Looking back did you like/tolerate some stuff that you look back at now and think, how the **** did I put up with that? The only reason being was that he was your recruiter/captor at the time?

PV1: Again, I was uncomfortable with the way his posting changed during the first few weeks of the season. I should have just gone inactive and posted for the Dragons much earlier than I did.

EJW: Can you see others there that have fallen to this syndrome?

PV1
: Every time HaroLad is mentioned negatively in a group PM, KohPhi is always there to defend him. I don't know why. Just leave and take Tony and Coach with you, you're better elsewhere than sucking up to Haro.

EJW: How can we help others?

PV1
: It might be a little unsportsmanlike, but by actively ignoring HaroLad, boycotting his media and actively discouraging rookies from joining any club he's a part of, there might be hope yet.

EJW: Well Phenom, it's been an eye opener of an interview. Thank you so much for your courage and honesty. It's only through actions such as these that the public are aware of the truth of the situations we can face on any given day.

This is a serious situation occurring in the SFA right as we speak. This is far bigger than any imaginary Boys Clubs, Gentlemens Clubs, dodgy awards...this is personas we are talking about. The time to act is now, we must rid the league of oppression and liberate players unknowingly blinded by dumb loyalty and the like. Speak up, speak out.

This has been an EJW Exclusive.

WIG OUT.

Ladies and Gents I think we see a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome in our spamming friend here Dawn to Dark.

It's OK mate, this is a safe space. This is where you can let the truth out.

Stockholm Syndrome...

As in Stockholm, Finland?

33475-5002.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didn't want a poster of Indian descent on his team
* you you racist piece of Nazi trash bigot HaroLad

Not wanting akkaps had nothing to do with the fact he’s a terrible poster, it’s ALL ABOUT RACE.

VICTIM CARD INTIATED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back