The Beer Wine and Spirits Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol.. im in the middle of a gout attack right now RD!! Thank god for Voltaren..
Voltaren! Never had that for Gout before.
Worst s**t you can ever have Gout.
I first got it in my 20's. Rubbish thing it is.

Last edited:
Voltaren! Never had that for Gout before.
Worst s**t you can ever have Gout.
I first got it in my 20's. Tibbish thing it is.

Yeah the Voltaren rapid release hits the pain fast.. I had my first attack in my 20's as well, mainly in knee and heels.. worst pain I've experienced!

Maybe ease up on tomatoes and strawberries, apparently it's their fault
Na they don't do anything.
Years of process of elimination tells me a little too much Red and it'll spark it up a few days later, but potato chips are a real killer.
Pizza not great either.

Heh guzzle.:p
I like Grenache. Recommend any?
Olivers Taranga Grenache- 30ish
Chapel Hill Bush Vine Grenache - 30ish
Yalumba Old Bush Vine Grenache 20ish

blend, the d' Arenberg d'Arrys Original Shiraz Grenache is a cracker for about $20

My drop for the evening.

sOjGR

Seriously good stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please give some something light and fruity - like a Euro style table wine? Tempranillo or Sangiovese kind of thing.
Sangiovese - Aus
King Valley good area for it.

Pizzini Sangiovese is I think in the style you would like, it is lighter, very dry and savoury - bout $30??
De Bortoli Bella Riva Sangiovese is sub $15. Ridiculous at the price.
Coriole Sangiovese (SA) should be sub $30, little bit heavier than Pizzini, but not much. Cracker.

Dans have a good range of Italian Sangios

Castellani Burchino Chianti Superiore for about $22 is a ripper

Serious question, how old are you? Most people don't get into wine until at least mid/late 20's.
Drink what you like, if you don't like wine, no stress. s**t happens. But go back to it every now and then.
I'm mid 30's and have never got into wine. I can drink some, but don't really enjoy the flavours especially with a lot of reds that dry the mouth out.

I'm mid 30's and have never got into wine. I can drink some, but don't really enjoy the flavours especially with a lot of reds that dry the mouth out.
Yep, when you don't drink it, and try it out of the blue, it can be a bit confronting.
With the reds especially, food is the way to go. Protein. Big * off steak.
If you had a small sip of the wine (as you said, no likey) then had a juicy bit of steak, then tried the wine again, it's completely different. That dry feeling (tannins) dissipates against the protein element of the meat.

You should do Jim's rum of the week

You should do Jim's rum of the week
Unfortunately I don't drink enough to be an expert.

I do like your thinking though Blacky.

Yep, when you don't drink it, and try it out of the blue, it can be a bit confronting.
With the reds especially, food is the way to go. Protein. Big **** off steak.
If you had a small sip of the wine (as you said, no likey) then had a juicy bit of steak, then tried the wine again, it's completely different. That dry feeling (tannins) dissipates against the protein element of the meat.
There would be a massive problem for me there.
When I eat I don't drink (anything) only after I finish eating is when I'll have a drink. No point in not finishing a juicy steak because you are filling up on fluids during :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back