Remove this Banner Ad

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Riverrrrr starts the knockout phase of its defence of the Copa Libertadores title this week with a home tie against the Brazilians of Belo Horizonte, Cruzeiro.

With Juanfer Quintero and Scocco still out injured, the skipper Ponzio under a cloud with an abductor strain - there is much work to be done for the Greatest to go through.

This rematch of the famous 2015 quarter final should be an absolute cracker.

Riverrrrr has an incredible record of losing at home to Brazilian teams and then going away and coming through the tie.

Vamos River de Mi Vida.

Rivers defence of a title they should have been stripped of for being a bunch of thuggish campaigners, both on and off the field?

How exciting.

• Banned
Rivers defence of a title they should have been stripped of for being a bunch of thuggish campaigners, both on and off the field?

How exciting.

Please... Throwing rocks at buses is part of the game, we just don't bitch and moan like the bosteros.

The injuries were completely fabricated, and we won without having a home game.

It was glorious.

and with a bit if luck, we will do it all again.

• Banned

How exciting.

Off the field we have extraordinaria support, only last week we took 23000 fans to Mendoza for the Copa Argentina.

But onfield, we are gentlemen.

How can you strip one of the greatest wins in history....

Round of 16, played 45 mins away from home againsts the champions of Argentina (Club Racing) with 10 men after the skipper was sent off.

Quarters, we were behind on away goals at the 67min mark of 2nd leg against Independiente, score 2 and go through.

Semis, lose to the South American champions Gremio at home, before conceding again away - then scoring 2 in the last 10 minutes to go through on away goals.

And then we have a final against the eternal enemy, where we fall behind 3 times and still win by 2 without Scocco and Borre and no home tie.

Extraordinary win doesn't quite do it justice amigo. Boca can bitch about the bus all they want, but where this incident differs from the 2015 Gas situation, is River were ahead 1-0 in 2015 when one of the bostero supporters cut a hole in the Tunnel and sprayed the players with tear gas and acid, where this tie was 2-2 in 2018 with a home game to come and the incident took place outside the stadium with just a few rocks being throw at the bus breaking some windows.

They never wanted to play, they didn't want to be there as they knew they were going to lose, like they have in every big game against us since 2014. We were robbed of our greatest moment, football community was robbed of one of the greatest atmospheres and spectacles ever experienced.

Should Liverpool lose the Champions League because their supporters smashed the windows of the ManCity bus? And fancy a West Coast fan worrying about pig supporters of other teams.

Last edited:
Please... Throwing rocks at buses is part of the game, we just don't bitch and moan like the bosteros.
since when is throwing rocks at buses part of football

• Banned
since when is throwing rocks at buses part of football

Intimidation of away teams is part of football, hence we have grand receptions for these large games.

Just because it isn't reported here doesn mean it's not part of the game. Whether it's throwing rocks at buses or setting fireworks outside team hotels - it's part of the celebration.

Intimidation of away teams is part of football, hence we have grand receptions for these large games.

Just because it isn't reported here doesn mean it's not part of the game. Whether it's throwing rocks at buses or setting fireworks outside team hotels - it's part of the celebration.

That is moronic. Intimidation of away teams can be through chanting etc and fierce noise.. not making them fear for their lives. That's just utterly s**t and any wonder why people think South America is very backwards.

• Banned
That is moronic. Intimidation of away teams can be through chanting etc and fierce noise.. not making them fear for their lives. That's just utterly s**t and any wonder why people think South America is very backwards.

Oh it is... And that occurs too.

But it's not just South America, it's Europe too. As I said it is part of the game and the banderazo is a brilliant part of the game.

Playing away from home at River or Anfield or other great clubs should be intimidating and you should in a way fear for your life especially on Semi Finals of UCL/Copa Lib. It's the Pinnacle of Club Football. At this point, it's more than just a game.

And for the record, snowflakes like you are not invited. Go and enjoy the tennis or the lawn bowls. Australians are the pathetic and backwards ones in this instance, there is no atmosphere at sport in Australia. None.

Holland is backward and pathetic?

Spain is backward and pathetic?

Italy backwards and pathetic?

What you won't ever understand because of the no away fans in Argentina, screaming at the bus is all you get to do on an away day so we have become quite good at it.

It's used as a positive too for when you travel to away games in the same city, is there anything more beautiful than supporting your team as best as you possibly can?

An then when they win away, the same campaigners are waiting to thank them for their efforts?

Do you think in 100 years, you will have 50,000 supporters hanging out at Cockburn waiting to send off your boys in a derby against the eternal enemy? I hope for your great grandkids sake that they too can experience what a deeper connection to ones football team actually means.

Liverpool fans have it, River fans have it.... very few clubs in world sport have such deep affection between fans and players/staff. That's why they are two of the greatest clubs in world sport.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

You are drawing a long bow to suggest there is any similarity between a planned terrorist attack and a few drunk supporters throwing rocks at a bus.

The longest of long bows.

They should have a better bus which can withstand rocks. They should have had more security, they knew that point of the route would be dodgy just as we know the dodgy part of the route heading into the Bombonera.

What happened to Sri Lanka was terrible but Pakistan have paid their right whack, as we have by having to play two very important Copa Lib home ties behind closed doors without fans.

Anyway enough righteous condemnation - back to the big game....

Fred is a late omission for the boys from Belo Horizonte, we are without Borre and Casco (suspended) and Pratto, Ponzio, JuanFer and Scocco (all injured). Not going to be easy.

Kick off at 8:15am in the Monumental.

All I will say to you amigos is;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol snowflakes not invited?

Wowee pathetic. Tough man throwing rocks at defenseless people on a bus. Make sure you go home and smack your missus up to affirm your masculinity.

You certainly cucked us Beta males you mighty River Plate Chad.

Wowee pathetic. Tough man throwing rocks at defenseless people on a bus. Make sure you go home and smack your missus up to affirm your masculinity.

Can you repeat in English or Spanish? Sorry I don't speak crackhead pikey.

I don't have a missus.

I didn't throw rocks, I was inside the stadium wondering what was going on if truth be told.

It's not tough - it's part of the game. I never claimed to be hard or soft, I simply said if you don't understand the background to why this happened- don't bring your sheltered snowflake life into football.

River v Boca is the greatest most insane rivalry in world sport, just because it's too much for you in your perfect life in Perth or Australia doesn't mean you need to s**t on things that are important to millions of other people.

I can't remember seeing your condemnation of Liverpool fans doing the same thing to Man City, all I saw was some borderline racist s**t about South Americans which proves nothing other the Western Australians have NFI about anything.

They are in a ******* bus, they are not in the open, they are not defenceless by any stretch, they are shielded by a bus. I can't believe they let you crettins procreate.

Does your cousin/wife know you're here?

Cucked in your hoisen, just like your football team.

Is that why you chose west coast?

I can't remember any Man City or Liverpool fans in here with their faux macho tough guy routine praising their fans for being *heads that can't control their primal tribal instincts over a game.

Borderline Racist? Yeah start clutching that card.

Enjoy the game, who knows, you might get lucky and find some unsuspecting Boca fan to coward punch on the way home; A story you can tell your grand-kids!

I can't remember any Man City or Liverpool fans in here with their faux macho tough guy routine praising their fans for being fu**heads that can't control their primal tribal instincts over a game.

Borderline Racist? Yeah start clutching that card.

Enjoy the game, who knows, you might get lucky and find some unsuspecting Boca fan to coward punch on the way home; A story you can tell your grand-kids!

No need, they are too busy selling their sister's and daughters for a few Paco rocks.

And I'd film it. Don't be ridiculous.

Q4CMovtbfnRZoRc57cZj1fXiGfc=.gif

0-0... Not great, not terrible. Shocking penalty miss at the end. As mentioned earlier we typically lose at home to Brazilian teams and then win away, let's hope that continues.

And continue it has....

El Mas Grande 0, Brazucas 0, we go through to a quarter final against the winner of the San Lorenzo v Cerro Porteño thanks to a 4-2 penalty win. Our first penalty win in the history of the 60 year old competition. Incredible stuff. Franco Armani with 2 sensational saves in the penalty shootout.

Not many clubs can send a bunch of kids and substitutes to an away leg in the Copa Lib and come home with the chocolates. But Muñeco Gallardo can!

No Juanfer, No Pinola, No Scocco, A half fit Pratto, Palacios and Ponzio.... No worries for the Campeon de America.

Gracias River, Gracias Muñeco... Now for the Quadruple!

Que Fabulosa! Que Extraordinaria.

Too good. Just too ******* good.

Incredible reception for the champions in our quarter final in Asuncion.

Given we were missing Pinola, Perez, Ponzio, Juanfer and with Pratto still not fit for 90m this was a great result in a truly intimidating venue.

And after being arrested at the team hotel for an incident in 2016, the young man from Uraguay dealt out a bit of Justice - what a goal to settle the tie:

The semis of the Copa will be huge.

River v Boca
Flamengo v Gremio

Enormous!

But first we have Boca at home at 6am Monday morning (our time) in the league as a bit of an appetiser.

The motivational videos will come out soon and despite the language barrier will be well worth watching!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back