Scandal Elijah Taylor charged with assault of girlfriend.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The chance of a lifetime to live your dream and set yourself up for life and he blew it. He's a piece of sh*t and deserves whatever he gets which I'm sure will be a lot of sleepless nights thinking about what might have been.
He wasn’t the first and almost certainly won’t be the last. It never ceases to amaze me that these idiots seemingly so easily throw away such an incredible chance to do something that they’ve worked so hard for over most of their youth.

There are guys running around in the VFL, SANFL etc who would have made almost any sacrifice to succeed with the same opportunity. What a bloody waste!

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey mate there is no need to bring up the dustin martin chopstick incident in this thread. If you wish to discuss how martin verbally assualted someone and threatened them with chopsticks please do so in another thread. This thread is to talk about elijah taylor.
strange, i dont recall 'verbal assault' being an illegal offence which would result in a court appearance. certainly it wouldnt be classified as indecent assault, which im sure you would agree is a pretty serious crime and more serious than 'verbal assault', and probably physical assault as well.

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Swans and the AFL late to the party on this one. A lot more could have been done to stop a female getting bashed.

I think clubs need to do their due diligence when drafting and recruiting as well much like any organisation would when looking to employ the best and brightest.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Swans and the AFL late to the party on this one. A lot more could have been done to stop a female getting bashed.

I think clubs need to do their due diligence when drafting and recruiting as well much like any organisation would when looking to employ the best and brightest.
So really what you think is, he should never have been drafted. Therefore when he inevitably bashed her, no one would've known?

Interesting logic

strange, i dont recall 'verbal assault' being an illegal offence which would result in a court appearance. certainly it wouldnt be classified as indecent assault, which im sure you would agree is a pretty serious crime and more serious than 'verbal assault', and probably physical assault as well.
I don’t know about Victoria, but common assault in Queensland is a threat against another person and I believe you also have to have the apparent means to carry out that assault.

Saying to someone “If you walk out that door I will smash you!” is assault.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Just wanted to come in here and see how many of you conflated the earlier accusations made by his girlfriend and the separate incident leading to this arrest into the single incident.

You did not disappoint bigfooty.

Swans decision seems at ends with recent announcements from the AFL. Not a surprise that another sensitive issue is going to be handled on the hop by club and league. (to be clear, im not taking a position as to whether Sydneys decision is right or wrong)

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
He's been charged, not convicted. Sacking him now without due process would open them up to a massive claim later if he turns out to be acquitted.

They clearly went to the detail of mentioning his inability to 'follow instructions on a number of occasions previously' or words to that effect, to give themselves breathing room on even that point.

Standing him down is the only possible course of action. I'm sure if he records a conviction for this he will be officially sacked.

Given decisions on who stays on the list need to happen in the next few weeks - likely to be well before any conviction happens (if it does of course) - I would expect that he's going to get the arse regardless.

DERIBERATE

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds, Bohemians
Given decisions on who stays on the list need to happen in the next few weeks - likely to be well before any conviction happens (if it does of course) - I would expect that he's going to get the arse regardless.
Footballers aren't on tenure. Sydney can just decide not to offer another contract for any reason that they please. Maybe he's just not a very good footballer.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
AFL player Elijah Taylor has pleaded guilty to assaulting ex-girlfriend Lekahni Pearce in Perth earlier this month.

The 19-year-old Sydney Swans star was stood down by his club two weeks ago after he was charged with aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm following an incident in the West Australian capital.
Taylor was arrested on September 13 and today pleaded guilty to the charge of aggravated assault in Perth Magistrates Court.

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Given the tone of the thread don’t be shocked if the contrarians and the argumentative claim the plea is a legal strategy rather than an actual confession

And if all else fails I'm sure someone will bring up mental heath or childhood trauma...

There are mentally ill people out there but a lot of people use it now as an excuse to absolve themselves of responsibility for their actions.

Any chance certain posters in here will believe her now? sh*t attitude.
The mix of victim blamers and people thinking DV is something suitable to club troll about is pretty gross.

This is a pretty average take. Do you think not being on an AFL list would magically make ET not be an abuser?

If anything, I hope we don't completely sever ties. I get the feeling that would only make things worse.

This is a pretty average take. Do you think not being on an AFL list would magically make ET not be an abuser?

If anything, I hope we don't completely sever ties. I get the feeling that would only make things worse.
If anything, not being on a list may have made it easier for him to keep doing it for a lot longer before being called out.

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL player Elijah Taylor has pleaded guilty to assaulting ex-girlfriend Lekahni Pearce in Perth earlier this month.

The 19-year-old Sydney Swans star was stood down by his club two weeks ago after he was charged with aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm following an incident in the West Australian capital.
Taylor was arrested on September 13 and today pleaded guilty to the charge of aggravated assault in Perth Magistrates Court.

Called a star twice in the same article !!!
How many games do you have to play to qualify ???

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We wouldn't want to hold someone accountable for their choices would we?

We wouldn't want to hold someone accountable for their choices would we?
He is being held accountable. He has been charged.

This is about potentially saving future victims. I don't want him to ever play for the Swans again, but I also don't want us to completely cut him off without trying to do our part to save future victims. That's the part your bizarre take seems to completely miss.

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is being held accountable. He has been charged.

This is about potentially saving future victims. I don't want him to ever play for the Swans again, but I also don't want us to completely cut him off without trying to do our part to save future victims. That's the part your bizarre take seems to completely miss.

Wouldn't he just go out and get a job like the rest of us?

Better ways of spending money than giving hand outs to a guy that bashes women.

Wouldn't he just go out and get a job like the rest of us?

Better ways of spending money than giving hand outs to a guy that bashes women.
He has a job at the moment and still bashes women. Which employer do you think is more likely to have the capacity to correct his obviously skewed moral values - McDonalds or the AFL? I don't think getting him involved in community programs etc should count as "hand-outs".

Back