Scandal Elijah Taylor charged with assault of girlfriend.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s never okay to assault anyone regardless of gender. People being assaulted have every right to fight back and punch back, as long as it’s proportionate.

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
Another Albert Proud or Andrew Lovett in training it seems.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
May be a controversial idea but I think people found guilty of domestic violence charges should be put on a national database that anyone can look up. It is not fair to people getting into a new relationship and them not knowing their new partner has been guilty of this in the past. People deserve to know.
It wouldn't mean anything because then they would come out with "I was going through a dark time..." or "I was young and stupid...but now I've changed" etc. Also, in SOME instances there is a scary dynamic at play. I remember when I was doing a counselling course many years ago and there was reference to an experiment that was done where a group of people were all put together in a controlled social setting for an evening and nobody had met anybody else previously. One of the results of the experiment was that, by the end of the evening, the guy who had a history of abusing women and the woman who had a history of being abused had found each other and were basically together.
This is not to say that this dynamic is at play in every situation (because it isn't - sometimes guys are just pieces of sh*t) but it is weird how it can occur.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
May be a controversial idea but I think people found guilty of domestic violence charges should be put on a national database that anyone can look up. It is not fair to people getting into a new relationship and them not knowing their new partner has been guilty of this in the past. People deserve to know.

I dunno, I had some mates who were pretty obviously campaigners but they had status and whatever else and women would still flock to them even though they were pretty obviously campaigners, and yeah I had a really hard time feeling sorry for them when the inevitable emotional breakdown occurred.

My mates weren't physically violent or anything btw, just arseholes who cheated and lied etc.

I think people should not go out with campaigners tbh.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I dunno, I had some mates who were pretty obviously campaigners but they had status and whatever else and women would still flock to them even though they were pretty obviously campaigners, and yeah I had a really hard time feeling sorry for them when the inevitable emotional breakdown occurred.

My mates weren't physically violent or anything btw, just arseholes who cheated and lied etc.

I think people should not go out with campaigners tbh.

I had a couple of friends who were terrible people to date - also not violent, just serial cheaters - who were literally never single. They'd spend far more time with multiple girlfriends than just one.

And I know people who go from crap relationship to crap relationship and always are the victim and refuse to look at themselves and the choices they make.

Some people are eternal victims and some people are eternal arseholes. And they seem to find eachother easily.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

For serious instances, yes.

For minor things then absolutely not, no company will ever hire anyone on that list.

Back