Scandal Elijah Taylor charged with assault of girlfriend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harley's wording is interesting:
"That's not my interpretation at this point in time.." is a strange answer. Not exactly a strenuous denial. They either tried to silence her or they didn't. Also "Elijah has had a lot to work through in the last couple of weeks" could be seen as mitigating the circumstances. He also refers to it as a "Very complex situation". Really? Surely he either assaulted her or he didn't?
He was prepared for all answers, but was visibly shaken by this statement - he said that's not my interpretation, but my interpretation was he thought it wasn't true at all, but didn't want to say it.

He was prepared for all answers, but was visibly shaken by this statement - he said that's not my interpretation, but my interpretation was he thought it wasn't true at all, but didn't want to say it.
Yeah basically.

He was a little thrown by the question, and looked to the right where I imagine other Sydney officials (or the Swans media person or someone like that was standing) for some sort of reassurance.

He was thrown b/c the idea was so totally foreign and outrageous when he thought about the conversations he had had with Lekahni.

I imagine Sydney explained to her that the AFL Integrity Unit and Police had advised them it would be best not to "run" this sensitive situation through social media (or something along those lines) - something 18 year olds may not understand, or misinterpret as "silencing". Of course that is probably nothing like the intention of any conversations had, and certainly nothing like Tom Harleys "interpretation" of any discussion.

No one is perfect, but I can say with some confidence that Tom Harley has always been a man of integrity in any situation I have observed. I have never heard a bad word said about him. So......

I imagine Sydney explained to her that the AFL Integrity Unit and Police had advised them it would be best not to "run" this sensitive situation through social media (or something along those lines) - something 18 year olds may not understand, or misinterpret as "silencing".

She's been bashed and they're telling her to cool it on social media.

That's only to benefit Sydney and their player, not the victim.

Has she though? Accusations and the truth are often different.

Look at Curtis Scott in the NRL- resisting arrest and assault apparently... not

Let's wait for the investigation

You a relative or something? Or you just pulling this out of your arse?

That doesn't look good at all.

Thanks for the source by the way.
That’s alright mate
I’m sure as a swans fan it’s extremely disappointing but just remember whatever the outcome his actions are not a reflection of the club you support and don’t let the campaigners get you down
plenty will have something to say and it isn’t worth giving them any attention

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s alright mate
I’m sure as a swans fan it’s extremely disappointing but just remember whatever the outcome his actions are not a reflection of the club you support and don’t let the campaigners get you down
plenty will have something to say and it isn’t worth giving them any attention
Ah mate it's all good.
s**t like this happens but so far I'm happy with how we've dealt with it. I'm glad the police have gotten involved and the investigation is being carried out properly.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/409d71ed624d44820317486ea40efa4e

Sydney Swans youngster Elijah Taylor has been arrested in Perth.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed The West Australian’s report which stated the 19-year-old was taken into police custody in the southeastern Perth suburbs on Sunday afternoon.

It’s understood there is a large media contingent outside Cannington Police station and people close to Taylor have been unable to speak to him while in custody.

The swans supporters who been sticking up for him must feel silly now.
I don’t hold it against them tbh
I’ve gone into bat for Richmond players in the past before learning all the facts

The swans supporters who been sticking up for him must feel silly now.
Don't think anyone has necessarily been sticking up for him. Been some pretty shithouse comments generally blaming victims, but that certainly wasn't limited to Swans fans, and wasn't sticking up for Elijah.

Don't think anyone has necessarily been sticking up for him. Been some pretty shithouse comments generally blaming victims, but that certainly wasn't limited to Swans fans, and wasn't sticking up for Elijah.
Not in defense of Elijah, so just doing it for the principle of being a w***er? What a time to be alive.

Not in defense of Elijah, so just doing it for the principle of being a w***er? What a time to be alive.
I don't disagree. Like I said, it's hardly limited to Swans fans though, so any team-based potshots are misguided. It's emblematic of much bigger and more widespread cultural issues.

Sydney Swans youngster Elijah Taylor has been charged by WA police over an alleged assault and will face court this month.

The 19-year-old was taken into police custody in Perth just before 1.30pm on Sunday afternoon.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed Taylor has been charged with unlawful assault - causing bodily harm with circumstances of aggravation and is due to face court on September 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back