Review Elimination Final #2 2021 - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 3.20 pm 28 August @ UTAS Stadium, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Riewoldt on Fox saying he doesn’t believe there’s contact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Definitely hoping there's not.

It'll be pretty clear one way or another.

Interesting that Ch7 only showed the real-time speed of the, well, suspected contact between Greene and Stevic.

I was certainly convinced initially - now, not so sure.

Approaching an ump in that way is still not a good look so I still think he's in trouble.

BUT, as others have said, the penalty imposed comes down to Stevic. Or perhaps a conclusive camera angle.

Thought Stein and Sproule were good again and keep their spots. Sproule is a real sharp shooter when he gets a chance.

Thinking we are without Cumming (ankle), Green (crack in arm) and Greene (suspension) next week whilst they will be without O’Connor.

Reckon Binga comes in for Greene, Bruhn in for Green and not sure who comes in for Cumming??

I don't remember any other examples where it was explicitly deliberate like Toby's though. I'm quite willing to have my memory expanded.
I recall Goddard demonstrating contact to an umpire by actually showing him by pushing the umpire. I think it was Goddard but nothing came about. It was talked about thoroughly. Toby in trouble for mine. Brenton Speed is suggesting Stevic moved like a matador out of the way which made it look like contact.
I think contact was made.

I recall Goddard demonstrating contact to an umpire by actually showing him by pushing the umpire. I think it was Goddard but nothing came about. It was talked about thoroughly.
I definitely don't remember anything similar this year which was the original comment

One other thing with the camera angle of Greene/Stevic to take into account......

That focal length will compress the background, so what is behind appears closer than reality.

Similar to when the media do a hit-job of people not social distancing. A lower level straight-on longer focal length will make people appear close together whereas a drone /side-on will show the truth.

One other thing with the camera angle of Greene/Stevic to take into account......

That focal length will compress the background, so what is behind appears closer than reality.

Similar to when the media do a hit-job of people not social distancing. A lower level straight-on longer focal length will make people appear close together whereas a drone /side-on will show the truth.

You got it.

100 per cent correct.

Generally the commentary team would be at the game and could offer a more accurate perspective.

However, the accuser is Ch 7’s Taylor who is looking at a small screen in Melbourne through his bi-focal reading glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're saying the rule about umpire contact also involves intent, whether or not contact is actually made.

It does look like there was some kind of intent, the way he got so close to him.

Why does he do this sort of stuff?

He didn’t touch him.

If they want to hammer guys every time they get angry with an umpire everyone will go broke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back